Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2017, 01:15 AM   #1
MrE

Thumbs up New 5vr

My wife and I are taking our new Wildcat Maxx 262rgx on its maiden voyage this weekend. We are very happy with layout of the coach(5th wheel) equipped with the garden windows. Just hoping the coach is a great fit with us. I am towing with a 2015 cummins turbo diesel. Only drawback is the ram boxes shorten the amount of turn radius. slightly. 4 days in the California gold country, Jackson Ca area.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:17 AM   #2

Congrats on the new 5er. Are you not using a slider to clear the cab?
SlfMdeFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:37 AM   #3
MrE

Its the pinbox that is super close to the ram boxes, cab clears no problem. Working on other solutions. using a B&W companion hitch.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE View Post
Its the pinbox that is super close to the ram boxes, cab clears no problem. Working on other solutions. using a B&W companion hitch.

Ah I see what you mean. I have a Ram too and notice that this 5er compared to others I’ve had is lower to the side rails of the bed.
SlfMdeFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:03 PM   #5

I had the 2016 262RGX that I towed with a F350 SD diesel and the companion hitch. Nice setup. The rv does tow nicely and it is a good layout. Just ended up being to big for the places we like to get into so moved on to a smaller rig. Enjoy!
2008 Jeep JKS
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:56 AM   #6

Congrats on your new rig! Our 2016 262RGX had a horrible couch so we replaced it with a Lazyboy love seat and chair which made the rig so much more comfortable. One thing I don't care about is no drawers in the bedroom, but we deal with it. Besides a couple of minor things, we love the layout and my wife really loves the rear kitchen.

I did have a 2011 1500 with Ram box and can see why there would be clearance issues with that bed because the bed sides are so thick. Although all I towed with that was a ATV trailer. My current 07 CTD short bed has no clearance problems whatsoever with an Anderson hitch.

One thing I hope to do soon is upgrade the 15" wheels and D rated tires on the Wildcat to 16's and at least E rated tires. But will probably go with G rated 14 ply Sailun's. Here in Nevada we go on little used highways in the middle of nowhere and the last thing I want is a blowout.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic98816_1.gif
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote