Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #81
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueline38 View Post
Chris, I modified my 312bhx-OK and think this model would attract even more sales (i'm sure many are sold now) if they made the bunkhouse more functional. I removed the bottom bunk, made the middle bunk so it can flipped up and put chairs in place of the bottom bunk. I then mounted a tv to the wall, behind the outside kitchen. This allows little campers to sit and watch tv or play games instead of having to be in their beds to do so! I don't think that modifying the design would take much but would work much better with a lot of camping families. Especially given the length, weight and price point of this RV. Just an idea for future upgrades to this model!
That looks great! Please post more to the new thread I made here: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ods-49838.html

I'll show these to the design team ASAP!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #82
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuisance View Post
A cabinet door next to the frig in the triangle nearest the kitchen would make a great broom closet.
There are shelves in there now that are great for storing cans and dry goods. Don't forget that there's a coat closet next to the entry than also doubles as a storage locker for the optional Dyson vacuum!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #83
JAYCO Representative

There was a new floor plan going down the line today! Tomorrow she'll see a lot of great action after plumbing and electrical is finished as the cabinets go in and the walls go on!
Old 10-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #84

Chris, as you can tell from my sig I have been a fan of the 327 floorplan since it came out and may like the new 333 even better. Can't wait for the new couples floorplan, that you mentioned in an earlier post, to come out. Also hope the full weight and measurement specs and some pictures come out soon for these new models.
Could you provide a point form list of the benefits that the consumer will realize with the new NXG2 frame. I went to the Mfg website and it explains some of the structural benefits of the new tech but are there any practical user benefits that I will realize.
I am looking to upgrade in the coming year to a 5er more suitable for snowbirding and longer distance trips and I am frustrated with the RV Mfg websites. What they need is a simple spreadsheet comparing the different product lines. For example a comparison on one page of the construction, insulation, axles, etc between the Wildcat, Sierra, Silverback, etc would make it much simpler for a relative newbie like me decide on which unit will provide me with the best choice for my needs.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #85
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
Chris, as you can tell from my sig I have been a fan of the 327 floorplan since it came out and may like the new 333 even better. Can't wait for the new couples floorplan, that you mentioned in an earlier post, to come out. Also hope the full weight and measurement specs and some pictures come out soon for these new models.
Thank you for your interest in the new Wildcat models! The 333MK is the newest floor plan for couples and there's another smaller unit being built right now... more to come on that.

Quote:
Could you provide a point form list of the benefits that the consumer will realize with the new NXG2 frame. I went to the Mfg website and it explains some of the structural benefits of the new tech but are there any practical user benefits that I will realize.
The greatest benefit is the fact that Wildcat's pass-through storage will increase dramatically with the drop frame chassis. That and the fact that the new frames are made of HSLA (high strength, low alloy) steel which is then 100% fully dipped in an electrocoat bath -- both of these traits prevent corrosion. The HSLA steel itself is stronger yet lighter than the commonly used carbon steel frames.

Quote:
I am looking to upgrade in the coming year to a 5er more suitable for snowbirding and longer distance trips and I am frustrated with the RV Mfg websites. What they need is a simple spreadsheet comparing the different product lines. For example a comparison on one page of the construction, insulation, axles, etc between the Wildcat, Sierra, Silverback, etc would make it much simpler for a relative newbie like me decide on which unit will provide me with the best choice for my needs.
Please contact me via private message if I can be of assistance on the differences between product lines. Many Forest River brands share common building practices (for instance, vacuum-bond lamination vs. the pinch-roll method used by most of our competition) even though each brand retains independence. I understand that this process can be confusing -- please let me know if there are specific items where you need more info!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #86
JAYCO Representative

The new Wildcat 295RSX has been added to the Forest River web site!

You can find details here (updates to come!):
Wildcat Fifth Wheel by Forest River

Many more web site updates to come before year end...
Old 11-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #87

Any weight info?
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #88
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Any weight info?
I'm still waiting for the final weights to come back from corporate (we do initial weights and measures off site), but the 2nd prototype unit with some optional (but popular) upgrades like rear electric jacks, reclining theater seating, 15k AC, etc. came out at 9,300#.

FYI, the length was just over 32' long with the sliding bumper in the "IN" position. Still waiting on final length info too!

This is also the smallest drop frame RV in the industry, custom built for Wildcat by BAL (Norco Industries RV group)!
Old 11-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #89

Is the 29RSX available for sale?
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmike View Post
Answered my own question--- ordered one yesterday. Ordered through Couch's RV Nation. Very good experience with Ray Crain, the salesman I worked with.
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #91
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmike View Post
295RSX models should be showing up at dealer lots and at RV shows across the US and Canada now! Please let me know, via private message, if you can't find one near you and I'll locate one!
Old 02-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #92
JAYCO Representative

We're in the midst of designing the next round of new Wildcat floor plans now! The input within the forums here has been quite helpful in our design process -- I'm hoping everyone here will be impressed with the results (once they're made public). I'm most excited that we'll be re-entering a shorter length/lighter weight category where Wildcat started, using the best new ideas with classic floor plan styles from our past!

What Wildcat floor plan would you like to see next?
Old 02-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #93
Site Team

front living room floorplan with the theater seating straight across from the tv, like the Columbus 370FL.
just in a shorter package, if possible.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
We're in the midst of designing the next round of new Wildcat floor plans now! The input within the forums here has been quite helpful in our design process -- I'm hoping everyone here will be impressed with the results (once they're made public). I'm most excited that we'll be re-entering a shorter length/lighter weight category where Wildcat started, using the best new ideas with classic floor plan styles from our past!

What Wildcat floor plan would you like to see next?
Thanks Chris. You come across as open and honest in your communications with the FR community and is deeply appreciated.

We're still kicking tires on several 5er models, however the Wildcat line keeps bubbling up to the top of the list. The sub 34' bunkhouse models keep brining us back. Here's what I'd like to continue to see:
- LED lighting throughout the entire coach for boondocking
- Solar options
- Continued development of upscale trim lines inside the coaches
- Modular couches like the 303bhx

thanks again!
-Appfan
Appfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:43 AM   #95
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appfan View Post
Thanks Chris. You come across as open and honest in your communications with the FR community and is deeply appreciated.

We're still kicking tires on several 5er models, however the Wildcat line keeps bubbling up to the top of the list. The sub 34' bunkhouse models keep brining us back. Here's what I'd like to continue to see:
- LED lighting throughout the entire coach for boondocking
- Solar options
- Continued development of upscale trim lines inside the coaches
- Modular couches like the 303bhx

thanks again!
-Appfan
Thanks for the kind words -- I try hard to make sure Wildcat customers know we're listening. Active involvement in product improvements from our customers has ALWAYS been one of Wildcat's strengths. I know we don't always get everything right, but we're trying hard to stay out front!

For the sake of discussion, Wildcat uses LED lighting throughout the interior AND exterior, including decor lighting and reading lamps. No moving parts, cool to the touch, and low power draw make these lights perfect for RVing. Ours are even designed and built in the USA with a lifetime warranty!

We are exploring best solar options (more on that soon!) and have upgraded our "trim line" in the last product refresh in the fall (hard wood fascias and trim, stainless steel appliances and backsplash, residential furniture design/features, designer Corian countertops, etc.).

The "party sofa" concept (borrowed from toy haulers) has been well received and we're offering it as an option in every bunk house model we build today!
Old 02-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #96
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
front living room floorplan with the theater seating straight across from the tv, like the Columbus 370FL.
just in a shorter package, if possible.
Looking into this for the fall... Wildcat hasn't had a front living room since 2011-12, so it's probably time!
Old 02-26-2014, 11:32 PM   #97

344qb with the party sofa, bigger area for the tv maybe?
https://campingbuddys.shutterfly.com/
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:09 PM   #98
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Buddys View Post
344qb with the party sofa, bigger area for the tv maybe?
The "party sofa" is available on the 344QB now! What would you like to see in the TV area? The 1/2 bathroom is directly behind it, so any space changes for entertainment would encroach on... other business.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:45 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
The "party sofa" is available on the 344QB now! What would you like to see in the TV area? The 1/2 bathroom is directly behind it, so any space changes for entertainment would encroach on... other business.
And don't forget, that the comfort of "Other Business" can many times far out weigh the pleasure of a larger sofa most anyday. But, then we all have different priorities.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #100

The 313RE Wildcat Maxx is a pretty camper, DW likes the bathroom layout and I like the options on camper. Its looks good from the floorplan. I have to pay off some bills this year but after that you never know. I wish I was like Uncle Sam just keep charging everything but DW says I have to pay off a few credit cards.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extralite, floorplan, forest river, sterling, wildcat