Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2017, 04:40 PM   #1

New used 2013 Fifth Wheel Wildcat 337FB

We recently bought a used 2013 fifth wheel wildcat. We owned a surveyor travel trailer and had issues with it whipping around in the wind and just had a hard time backing up (more DW). We pick it up from the dealer next Saturday and me more than DH is a little concerned about driving a bigger trailer. The length is 38 ft. 7 in. I know a lot of that is over the bed of the truck. We drive a 350 diesel Ford. Would like to get some feedback or some helpful hints to help us with this transition.
ratherbecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #2

I previously had a 28bh (30') travel trailer and switched to a 40' 5th wheel. Much more enjoyable towing experience(as long as you don't find black ice, but that's a whole other thing...)
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:52 AM   #3

we recently went from a 27' TT to a 36' 5er. The overall length from bumper to bumper was relatively the same. The 5er is much nicer to tow. It is a much smoother ride. Backing is a bit different and is something you will have to get used to, especially after being used to backing a TT. And if your 350's turning radius is as bad as my 250, expect to be doing a lot of, going up and back. As far as driving it, you will like it much better.

Tags
2013, cat, fifth wheel, wheel, wildcat