A few weeks ago, I asked the regional Wildcat rep about the discontinuance of the 295rsx and this is what he emailed me. Inserted within his text, I've added a few of my comments (marked "myedit") based on my comparing the 295 vs 29 specs, photos and floorplan.
From: Bruce Swank,Wildcat by Forest River, Inc; Sept.30,2015
"Bill, Sorry I'm just now responding. Had the Dallas RV show and the Forest river Expo/Open House, in back to back weeks. The 295RSX as you and I know it has been "discontinued". Wildcat has a new GM and he made the decision to "re-vamp" the product...top to bottom. The new model that takes place of the 295RSX is called
(clickable link in bold Wildcat Fifth Wheel 29RLX
"Many features that were on your Wildcat have been retained on the new version, but there have also been some things changed (ie.
- Exterior color
(myedit: now almond instead of white, modern decal stripes but the cat head is gone),
- TV size
(myedit: now 50" instead of 49"),
- W/D prep added,
(myedit: this meant sliding the bed over so the aisle in front of the slide out dresser is useful as access to the W/D door.)
- (myedit: Switching sides with the kitchen slide made more room and it's now possible for the Theater seats to be big enough to have drink holders and the table area big enough to have a booth, so free standing table is once again optional)
- (myedit: Small window added to Kitchen slide)
- (myedit: Looks like the rear couch now has end tables)
- (myedit: when they reversed the slides and moved kitchen slide to the entry door side, they created an outside accessible storage that lines up with where the fireplace is on the inside. Perhaps this is to remeditate the loss of that huge NXG front storage.)
"There are a few things not retained (ie.
- flush floor bath to bed
(myedit: Bath is now at second step and no direct entry into bedroom, must go thru step hallway),
- trash comp
(myedit: it was just a trash drop thru not a compactor),
- NXG 2 chassis
(myedit: goodbye to that huge front under storage bin),
- (myedit: radius shower replaced by larger square shower
- (myedit: eliminated bathroom linen closet),
- (myedit: eliminated large kitchen glass door pantry, and put kitchen slide on the opposite side.),
- (myedit: it looks like the 9 cuft stainless steel look refrig has now gone back to the 8 cuft model with rosewood stained facias (like before)
- (myedit: tanks smaller 34 gallon black and gray tanks, not 50 gal
"Overall, the product looks GREAT and the dealers who saw it last week are thrilled about how it's featured and priced. Thank you for being such a Great ambassador for Wildcat!!"