Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2018, 02:43 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 12
Our new 2019 Wildcat 30GT

After owning a 2005 Forest river Sierra and having a close encounter of the tree branch kind, the search was on for a new 5er. With all the time spent looking a used camper and finding a lot of other peoples problems we decided to go new. Having done a lot of reading about everyone's nightmares with Forest River products we bit the bullet and purchased a new Wildcat 30GT anyway. Our experience so far was going well until it came in. When we went down to see it last Saturday the dealer was already prepping it for delivery to us this Saturday we noticed that the bed was a short queen instead of a standard queen. Told our salesman about it and he said that he would "call the factory rep on Monday and plead our case". After reading the horror stories on this forum I figured I was going to regret my purchase. What a surprise when he emailed me Monday night to inform me that they had checked the order and they made the mistake. They're going to send everything required to change it over to the 80" long queen and cover all the labor to have it converted. He said it wouldn't be done by the time we pick it up on Saturday but as soon as everything gets there he'll let us know and schedule the swap. I stand amazed. Seems too easy.
__________________

Jeffgut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:09 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffgut View Post
After owning a 2005 Forest river Sierra and having a close encounter of the tree branch kind, the search was on for a new 5er. With all the time spent looking a used camper and finding a lot of other peoples problems we decided to go new. Having done a lot of reading about everyone's nightmares with Forest River products we bit the bullet and purchased a new Wildcat 30GT anyway. Our experience so far was going well until it came in. When we went down to see it last Saturday the dealer was already prepping it for delivery to us this Saturday we noticed that the bed was a short queen instead of a standard queen. Told our salesman about it and he said that he would "call the factory rep on Monday and plead our case". After reading the horror stories on this forum I figured I was going to regret my purchase. What a surprise when he emailed me Monday night to inform me that they had checked the order and they made the mistake. They're going to send everything required to change it over to the 80" long queen and cover all the labor to have it converted. He said it wouldn't be done by the time we pick it up on Saturday but as soon as everything gets there he'll let us know and schedule the swap. I stand amazed. Seems too easy.
I think we would all like to know the name of a good dealer who is responsive to customer issues
__________________

myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:38 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 20
Very nice to hear a positive result.
__________________
5er: 2018 Sandpiper 378FB
TV: To Be Determined, but wanting 2019 RAM 3500 dually
BrettN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by myxkp View Post
I think we would all like to know the name of a good dealer who is responsive to customer issues
Yes I agree, give credit where credit is due
__________________
2017 River Stone Legacy 38mb
2001 Kenwoth T2000
2008 Smart on deck
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:09 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 12
Smile Credit where credit is due

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxkp View Post
I think we would all like to know the name of a good dealer who is responsive to customer issues
The dealer is Crossroad Trailer Sales in Newfield NJ. They've been great to work with. Very honest and helpful in finding what we were looking for in the parameters that we set, not just what they wanted to unload.
Jeffgut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:58 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 162
Interesting, the floorplan clearly states the bed is 60 x 74 not 60 x 80. And I've never seen the option for both lengths, yes sometimes a king option, but not two different queen bed options. Generally when a short queen is used, it is because of space limitations around the foot of the bed. Can you live with less space around the bed? Will you still be able to comfortably access any under bed storage?
__________________
Larry Day, Texas Baptist Men volunteer since '01
'13 Silverado LT 3500HD D/A CCSB 2wd, custom RKI bed
'17 Puma 351THSS toyhauler
larrytbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:04 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytbm View Post
Interesting, the floorplan clearly states the bed is 60 x 74 not 60 x 80. And I've never seen the option for both lengths, yes sometimes a king option, but not two different queen bed options. Generally when a short queen is used, it is because of space limitations around the foot of the bed. Can you live with less space around the bed? Will you still be able to comfortably access any under bed storage?

The camper that we viewed at the A/C RV show was a different model but the factory rep that was there said that the 30GT was the same exact camper from the steps forward and the one we were in had a full queen. He assured us that we could special order ours with the 80" queen. I had contacted the factory rep before the order was submitted just to be sure and assured me that it come with the full queen. When we checked ours out there is room for the extra 5 inches with no problem.
Jeffgut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:08 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
rp53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Jonesborough
Posts: 917
our dealer is Northgate RV in alcoa tn. we have bought 3 from them. they are really good people highly recommend
__________________

__________________
2017 Micro Lite 21FBRS (sold)
2019 GMC Sierra 2500 HD extra cab Z71
looking for the perfect 5er over the winter
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cat, wildcat

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.


×