Old 05-01-2018, 02:43 PM   #1

Our new 2019 Wildcat 30GT

After owning a 2005 Forest river Sierra and having a close encounter of the tree branch kind, the search was on for a new 5er. With all the time spent looking a used camper and finding a lot of other peoples problems we decided to go new. Having done a lot of reading about everyone's nightmares with Forest River products we bit the bullet and purchased a new Wildcat 30GT anyway. Our experience so far was going well until it came in. When we went down to see it last Saturday the dealer was already prepping it for delivery to us this Saturday we noticed that the bed was a short queen instead of a standard queen. Told our salesman about it and he said that he would "call the factory rep on Monday and plead our case". After reading the horror stories on this forum I figured I was going to regret my purchase. What a surprise when he emailed me Monday night to inform me that they had checked the order and they made the mistake. They're going to send everything required to change it over to the 80" long queen and cover all the labor to have it converted. He said it wouldn't be done by the time we pick it up on Saturday but as soon as everything gets there he'll let us know and schedule the swap. I stand amazed. Seems too easy.

Jeffgut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffgut View Post
After owning a 2005 Forest river Sierra and having a close encounter of the tree branch kind, the search was on for a new 5er. With all the time spent looking a used camper and finding a lot of other peoples problems we decided to go new. Having done a lot of reading about everyone's nightmares with Forest River products we bit the bullet and purchased a new Wildcat 30GT anyway. Our experience so far was going well until it came in. When we went down to see it last Saturday the dealer was already prepping it for delivery to us this Saturday we noticed that the bed was a short queen instead of a standard queen. Told our salesman about it and he said that he would "call the factory rep on Monday and plead our case". After reading the horror stories on this forum I figured I was going to regret my purchase. What a surprise when he emailed me Monday night to inform me that they had checked the order and they made the mistake. They're going to send everything required to change it over to the 80" long queen and cover all the labor to have it converted. He said it wouldn't be done by the time we pick it up on Saturday but as soon as everything gets there he'll let us know and schedule the swap. I stand amazed. Seems too easy.
I think we would all like to know the name of a good dealer who is responsive to customer issues

myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:38 PM   #3

Very nice to hear a positive result.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxkp View Post
I think we would all like to know the name of a good dealer who is responsive to customer issues
Yes I agree, give credit where credit is due
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:09 AM   #5

Smile Credit where credit is due

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxkp View Post
The dealer is Crossroad Trailer Sales in Newfield NJ. They've been great to work with. Very honest and helpful in finding what we were looking for in the parameters that we set, not just what they wanted to unload.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:58 PM   #6

Interesting, the floorplan clearly states the bed is 60 x 74 not 60 x 80. And I've never seen the option for both lengths, yes sometimes a king option, but not two different queen bed options. Generally when a short queen is used, it is because of space limitations around the foot of the bed. Can you live with less space around the bed? Will you still be able to comfortably access any under bed storage?
larrytbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytbm View Post
Interesting, the floorplan clearly states the bed is 60 x 74 not 60 x 80. And I've never seen the option for both lengths, yes sometimes a king option, but not two different queen bed options. Generally when a short queen is used, it is because of space limitations around the foot of the bed. Can you live with less space around the bed? Will you still be able to comfortably access any under bed storage?

The camper that we viewed at the A/C RV show was a different model but the factory rep that was there said that the 30GT was the same exact camper from the steps forward and the one we were in had a full queen. He assured us that we could special order ours with the 80" queen. I had contacted the factory rep before the order was submitted just to be sure and assured me that it come with the full queen. When we checked ours out there is room for the extra 5 inches with no problem.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:08 AM   #8

our dealer is Northgate RV in alcoa tn. we have bought 3 from them. they are really good people highly recommend

rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wildcat