Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2018, 02:01 AM   #1

Prewired solar panel

Hey guys I have a 2015 wildcat Maxx 30dbh, can someone tell me we're to find the wires for the prewired solar panel
joeallphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallphase View Post
Hey guys I have a 2015 wildcat Maxx 30dbh, can someone tell me we're to find the wires for the prewired solar panel
They are usually on the side of the camper labeled solar and some have it on the roof. Its more for a trickle charge, your not gonna run the camper off solar that way
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:20 PM   #3

I have a new 2018 forest river 311, mine is in the compartment where the sat/cable tv hookups are there is a plug that says solar, I assume this is to plug in a panel just to charge batteries. I have never used it because it is so new, I assume all i have to do is buy a solar panel to trickle charge
fairpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairpilot View Post
I have a new 2018 forest river 311, mine is in the compartment where the sat/cable tv hookups are there is a plug that says solar, I assume this is to plug in a panel just to charge batteries. I have never used it because it is so new, I assume all i have to do is buy a solar panel to trickle charge
Solar panel, charge controller, battery disconnect switch. Do some research before you purchase anything. Im still researching for mine lol
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #5
Factory Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallphase View Post

Good afternoon and thank you for your purchase of the Wildcat Maxx T30DBH. The Wildcat Maxx uses a roof mounted solar prep that can hold up to 400 watts of panels. The wires for the control panel have been dropped through the ceiling and into the wood paneled wall to the right of the pantry. You should be able to cut a hole in the panel about 5’ up from the floor.
Hopefully this helps.
Wildcat Steve
Wildcat Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Steve View Post
Good afternoon and thank you for your purchase of the Wildcat Maxx T30DBH. The Wildcat Maxx uses a roof mounted solar prep that can hold up to 400 watts of panels. The wires for the control panel have been dropped through the ceiling and into the wood paneled wall to the right of the pantry. You should be able to cut a hole in the panel about 5’ up from the floor.
Hopefully this helps.
Wildcat Steve
Hey Steve, not to hijack this thread, but do you know the wire locations in a 2017 Wildcat Maxx 24RG?
kollinr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar, solar panel