Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2017, 01:58 PM   #1

Putting 2016 327CK on Permanent Site

Due to a divorce and me keeping the 5th wheel, planning on putting the 5'er on a permanent site. I have read some ideas on how to stabilize the unit using bricks, etc, but was curious as to the best way to stabilize the front. Do people put bricks under the front jacks or use anti sway stabilizer bars, or? Any help would be appreciated.
FFRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:07 PM   #2

We have JT Strongarms at all 4 corners and it really helps. We also use wheel chocks.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:09 PM   #3

I have 2 x 6 pt under the front landing gear. I made my own x bracing for the landing gear from angle steel. I'm told that a tripod works well for the hitch. I looking for a used one.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:56 AM   #4

Wiscampsin, i like the idea of the strong arms, will look into those. Looks like you have a nice permanent site. What campground are you in? Cavie, i plan on using 2x6's under the landing gear and was thinking a tripod, but was not sure if that would take the sway out or not. Thanks for your input, guys.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFRich View Post
Wiscampsin, i like the idea of the strong arms, will look into those. Looks like you have a nice permanent site. What campground are you in? Cavie, i plan on using 2x6's under the landing gear and was thinking a tripod, but was not sure if that would take the sway out or not. Thanks for your input, guys.
Thanks, we really like our site, been there 9 years. As a family we did alot of camping but once the kids got their wings we decided to go seasonal. Most sites look like that. We're just west of Montello WI about a 2 hr ride from home.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:00 PM   #6
Site Team

We have our fiver sitting on cinder blocks stacked on either side of the tires and on both of the back corners. On the front we just have the JT strongarms that came with it.

Don't have a tripod and IMO, don't really need it.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:03 PM   #7

Wiscampsin, what CG are you at if you don't mind me asking? Have stayed a few different CG's around Montello and am either looking around there or around the Necedah area.

Iwritecode, I am thinking cinder blocks may be the ticket and i see that Menards has them on sale this weekend....lol. Thanks for the tip regarding the tripod.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:48 PM   #8

WE have a 333mk and have JT Strong Arms on all for corners and X-Chocks. No sway at all.
dmac64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
I have 2 x 6 pt under the front landing gear. I made my own x bracing for the landing gear from angle steel. I'm told that a tripod works well for the hitch. I looking for a used one.
I have one to sell, moving from my fifth wheel to a destination trailer. 75 bucks but the shipping might be a problem, Minnesota to Florida
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdaniels4 View Post
I have one to sell, moving from my fifth wheel to a destination trailer. 75 bucks but the shipping might be a problem, Minnesota to Florida
Yea, a little too far away
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac64 View Post
WE have a 333mk and have JT Strong Arms on all for corners and X-Chocks. No sway at all.
X two. We use the same set up
Old 03-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #12

Just order a tripod from Amazon.com, they range in price from around $60 and up to around $200. Ours was $70 and change.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote