Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2018, 08:14 AM   #41
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Yeah, maybe it's easy NOW but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ17 View Post
They want $139 to repack your wheel bearings. It’s so easy to repack. You jack up an axle take the wheeel off, remove axle nut and grab the bearing. Have a bearing repack tool that’s like $12, place bearing in the tool , tighten it down and squirt grease in until it comes out of the bearing. It’s simple as that.

At the risk of continuing the diversion track of this thread, just a note to say that "it is so easy to...." does not apply to everyone so it's not really fair to suggest that people who pay CW or anyone else to repack their bearings or perform other "easy" maintenance needs are ignorant or otherwise. There were things that I could do and was doing years ago that I simply am no longer able to do for various reasons. I pay people now to do those things because they are still necessary and/or important to me. Thankfully I have the means to do so.

Perhaps you are younger/stronger/wiser than I am, so good for you. But keep an open mind, you might be one of the folks looking for CW or someone else to pack those bearings when, for whatever reason, you are no longer able to "jack up that trailer, take the wheel off, remove the axle nut, grab the bearing....etc.
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:39 AM   #42
RwWildcat327re

Back to the op's comment regarding quality control. And again we do not here from the ones that are having a good experience with their rv. We have been very happy with our 2017 Wildcat 327RE. We camp a lot, mostly within a couple hours of our home, and we have had no problems with quality control. I would buy another Wildcat in a heartbeat.
rickndebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:27 AM   #43
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickndebi View Post
Back to the op's comment regarding quality control. And again we do not here from the ones that are having a good experience with their rv. We have been very happy with our 2017 Wildcat 327RE. We camp a lot, mostly within a couple hours of our home, and we have had no problems with quality control. I would buy another Wildcat in a heartbeat.

x2 here! We are super happy with our Rockwood 2104S. We camp an average 1-2 weeks per month and have been SUPER happy with this camper!!!! We are on the beach right now in it and the cold wind off the water is fierce - but our camper is warm and toasty inside even with our small space heater set at the lowest temperature and fan on low (to save propane). We had really loud obnoxious neighbors last night; so bad we had to abandon our campfire and go inside where it was totally quiet even without putting on the stereo or TV. Awesome quality and so pretty - we get a lot of compliments on this TT and could not be happier.
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:45 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickndebi View Post

I agree I have 383mb after learning how to maximize my auto level and possible leak underneath. I had no problems in over two years 13k miles traveled and two West Texas summers no complaints
Old 02-03-2019, 02:20 PM   #45

re: quality control

Wish I had no issues but--I have a 2015 28RKX (mfg. August 2014) and so far have had:
(1) Main slide out drive mechanism inoperative
(2) Cracked frame
(3) Faded front cap
(4) Broken bed
(5) Split upholstery covering
(6) Several trim strips loose
(7) Cracked cabinet under tv
(8) Several loose cabinet hinges
(9) Poor heater flow (floor)
(10) Front pass through wall covering material not attached
(11) Glue all over plastic kitchen counter
(12) Range vent hood inop (wiring)
(13) Main slide inop from outside switch (wiring)
(14) Rats nest wiring behind (loosely installed) switch panel
(15) LED awning strip light quit

I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

Quality Construction, quality control, I think not!
Rant over,
Cheers
retnasaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:36 PM   #46

First, Last, and Only RV EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgellis13 View Post
I hate to be that guy who complains, but we bought our Wildcat 383MB six months ago and have had a ton of quality issues. Is this common with RVs or Forest River products, or what? At this point we are questioning whether or not we will ever buy another FR product. It's pretty disappointing.
Some say that what you, I, and others have gone through is not normal - I disagree, read the forums - and not just TT, Fifth wheels, or FR.

BTW, Once you are out of warranty, that is what FR (and every other in the "industry") is always counting on. You will not notice something until it is after 12 months. After 12 months, they will not do anything! Meaning, Everything becomes your problem at your expense.

I should have gotten a clue when the water tank fell out of my TT. FR told me not to ride with a full tank - NO COMMENT. I traded it in after 3 months and purchased an RV (didn't learn with first vehicle - TT).

I had over 70 warranty issues on my RV and I finally retained a lawyer (during warranty timeframe - when I realized that the windshield needed to be removed, resealed (or should I say, sealed in the first place), & reinstalled) in order to receive full compensation. FR provided no assistance in securing anyone to perform the work!! It took me 5 months to locate someone willing to do the work required.

Yes, I did prevail on that and many of the other 70 issues. Without doing so, one usually gets S____D. Good Luck to all that do not seek remedy during their warranty timeframe.
270S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality