Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #1

Slide problem. 312 bhx

Wanted to see if anyone else has had big problems with there big slide out on the wildcat 312 bhx. Had a problem pulling it in and after pushing it back out to dry we could not pull it back in. It would stick and had to be pushed in (not easy). So off the the shop it went. Guess no camping for us
Diesel 2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #2

I had a problem prior to our very first trip with our 2013 312 BHX. I went to put the big slide in prior to hooking up and heading out. Slide came about half way in then stopped, as if it was binding on something. Had a service guy, from my local dealer, come out and we were able to push it in with the intent to get it to the dealership. They called me a few hours later and stated that they fixed the problem. Turns out a screw had fallen, from somewhere, into the slide tracks. Slide has been fine ever since. Well, I guess I did have a small issue this past weekend. Arrived at my campsite to find my big slide totally dead. Ended up finding a wire disconnected down in the forward storage area/battery area. The orange wire went directly into the motor for the landing gear, but apparently, it must also power the main slide...
Foley5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #3

Well I dropped my 2 month old camper off to have the slide repaired. Not sure what the prob is but I do know it's jacked up and the bottom rail cut into my linoleum floor causing a big ugly hole. Should be able to it just frustrating with the camper being so new. I understand there r bugs that need worked out. Just glad it happened while under warranty.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #4

Sorry to hear about your troubles as I know how frustrating it is to have issues with a brand new camper. I am still trying to find someone to fix the leak in mine. Hopefully your slide will be repaired quickly and you'll be camping again soon.
Wildcat Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #5

Yea I hope so too. Thx
Old 07-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #6

We know how you feel. We have the same camper and are driving north on I-25 with our front landing gear down because our gears are broken. Also our large slide has been slow and noisy and this morning it quit 4 times while we were trying to slide it in. I would back it up a little and it would come in a little farther. Haven't had any luck getting someone to fix it while we are on the road for 2 weeks so it will go into the shop when we get home with a list of items to fix. Very frustrating with a brand new camper.
hairmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #7

No issues on the slides, but the rear stabilizer jacks sometimes work and other times nothing. The dealer already fixed a wiring problem with them, but it's still having issues. He also fixed a wiring problem with the landing gear and that seems fine now. Our new microwave arrived (orig did not work). We have several annoying trim issues where nails failed or glue was not used. The bottom sliding rail for the bathroom slider is defective and caused the entire rail to fall off after screws popped out. These are all minor, but annoying and can be easily avoided through tighter quality control. The only big thing is with our floor. We noticed this past week a slight depression near the fridge and the floor squeeks in this area. We'll take it into the dealer next week. We love the rig and will live with the imperfections, just wish we didn't have them. Also, we are VERY thankful we bought local. Wholesale out of state was much cheaper, but our dealer is great to work with and takes care of his customers.
scroses40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #8

our floor in front of fridge also dips down and has creeks in it we are taking our camper in to dealer this afternoon when we get home with a list. We have also had the trim above couch and table come loose stripped away from nails and our shower leaks by the tiolet
Old 08-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #9

Follow up info on our slide out issue. Dealer did very well for us and did everything they could to get our camper back to us before our trip. Very happy bout that. The prob with the slide was the back side top rail for the slide. It was jumping the track badly and causing the issue. The top and bottom rails were changed and the motors synced back together and it works great. I also had to have floor fixed where the slide was tearing the tile up but dealer did great job and can't tell now. Minor fixes here and there but still loving our trailer.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #10

Dealer fixed all our problems we were having. Slide works great now. They also fixed the creek in the floor in front of fridge. Said it is a weak spot since the duct work runs there. They added a vent in the floor and must have braced it better. Very pleased.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairmommy
Dealer fixed all our problems we were having. Slide works great now. They also fixed the creek in the floor in front of fridge. Said it is a weak spot since the duct work runs there. They added a vent in the floor and must have braced it better. Very pleased.
Good to hear all is resolved.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #12
JAYCO Representative

Glad to hear your issues were resolved. Please post the names of your Wildcat dealers who were so helpful... we are always very happy to hear when our dealers come through for our customers!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #13

RV wholesalers from lakeview Ohio. Scott and Bob were very helpful getting me taken care of.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairmommy View Post
I have seen three other owners mention the creak/dip in the floor in front of the fridge so I just checked mine and it has a creak/dip as well. It is easily noticeable when you walk on the weak spot. Sounds like a design/production issue to me. Lucky me I will just add that to my long list of things that need to be repaired when I take it in next month

Good news the everyone is getting the floor and other issues fixed

Do you have a picture of the new vent you can post? I would like to suggest this fix to my dealer if you don't mind.
Wildcat Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #15

Reading all of the problems here about the 312BHX makes me feel a little better. Picked up ours on August 3rd and had it for two days before returning it to our dealer. The large slide would not stow completely. It left a ¼” gap along the front edge between the seal and the wall. There were many small annoyances like the microwave turntable not turning, stove grate missing grommets, landing gear pads bent (from the dealer moving it around the lot with a farm tractor), floor in camp kitchen torn, antenna would not rotate and the converter cooling fan was squealing. It has been three weeks and the dealer states they are still waiting on the flooring from Forest River but all other items have been fixed. This is after several phone calls and dropping by once a week. Most of the delays have been blamed on internal problems at the dealer since it was recently bought by Camping World. The service manager has been demoted and replaced by a Camping World veteran and most of the old sales staff has been replaced. I guess all dealership takeovers go through growing pains but I can tell you it is not fun getting stuck in the middle. Hope to get our new camper back soon.
EandMEcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #16

Headed to get mine tomorrow. I am nervous after reading all of this but glad to see problems were taken care of.
Sandi211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #17

I can't get the pictures to load on this thread, but if you go to my profile you can see the changes we've made. Liebelts RV in Aberdeen, SD put the vent in the floor and possibly reenforced something underneath. We are very happy with the work. Their cabinet guy also put in the shelves behind the ladder.