Old 11-20-2016, 09:53 PM   #1

Slideout leak

I have a 2015 Wildcat Maxx 262rgx, the small wardrobe slide in bedroom leaks, it has been in the shop for this leak twice heading for a third. I am now past warranty and am sure they will still cover it but does anyone have a home remedy fix I can try before morons at dealer try and can't fix it again? You know standard answer "fixed, tested and doesn't seem to leak anymore". Do you think a small slide topper will stop the leak ... it seems to come from the top of slide and go down the side to carpet. I have painters tape on top and sides now cause its raining ... any ideas? No RV lemon laws!

pokechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:02 PM   #2

Is the slide open or closed when the leak occurs?

If it only leaks when open I would suggest installing a slide topper. (They work well for me.)

If it only leaks when closed I would look at the rubber seals (if you have them) where the slide contacts the wall.

You might also want to look at the roof around this area in case the water is entering from a different point other than the obvious one.

Is the slide sitting level when open and not at an angle where rain water could flow into the unit?

kim g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:32 PM   #3

Same leak here. I just figured it out that the rubber gasket from the top to the bottom (on the backside) doesn't go all the way down to the bottom horizontal gasket. The front one does. The rain will then drip onto the slide and run inside, but only under the right circumstances...level, wind & rain direction, intensity, etc.

I have also found that other window gaskets are the same. It seems like if they ran short an inch or so it didn't matter.

Right now I stuck a plastic bag so the water will run onto the horizontal gasket. I plan on taking pics of all my short seals aand calling FR.

Will keep you posted.
GypsiesAtHeart2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #4

Taking fifth wheel back in again today ... 4th trip, still leaks. Had all seals replaced, asked FR to install slide topper and I would be happy, but so far no go. Put painters tape on top of slide while closed, no leaks. Waiting to see what they come up with this time ...
pokechop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide