Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2016, 10:50 AM   #1

Slides & Battery life

Hello Wildcats

Wife and I just returned from a 800 mile maiden trip with our new 29.5 RSX Happy to report no issues, ? Thinking on our next trip to Ohio in Aug and as a over niter staying in a Walmart/Truck stop, Would it be OK to operate the slides on the battery? Or would this create to much of a drain and find myself in trouble the next morning? I assume the battery gets charged while its plugged in to the vehicle while being towed, Being parked and plugged in would the unit also be fed thru the truck battery's.

Thanks
Ken
wing2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:19 PM   #2

Depends on your make/model/yr and if the truck is factory or customer installed 7-way.

No your Trailer battery should not get drained by just a quick use for the slides. You could always run the truck while operating the slides to help, assuming your truck is set up to provide power while running.

FYI...both my Ford factory setup and my old Nissan Titan had switched power to the 7-way.
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:25 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply Lear, The truck is a 2016 250 diesel Ram, Factory electrical set up.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:07 PM   #4

Yup. We have moved the slides on battery several times. No problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:27 PM   #5

Tom thanks for your reply,By the way did your 29.5 come with a Furron built in rear camera installed? Ours did and it works off and on and constantly shows a red square flashing on the screen, I have adjusted the antenna as the instruction suggest with no success I have the model with the #48 in the serial #, ...............Ken
Old 07-26-2016, 07:24 AM   #6

Yes, came with the camera. It worked on and off. The dealer replaced it under warranty. Replaced both the camera and the display unit. It worked great all the home from the dealer (35 miles) and has not worked since. Go figure!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:35 PM   #7
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing2008 View Post
Tom thanks for your reply,By the way did your 29.5 come with a Furron built in rear camera installed? Ours did and it works off and on and constantly shows a red square flashing on the screen, I have adjusted the antenna as the instruction suggest with no success I have the model with the #48 in the serial #, ...............Ken
I'd give FURRION customer support a call. If they're suggestions don't help, they will just send you a completely new unit. The swap out is very easy and only requires a small phillips screw driver.

FURRION is in Elkhart and their phone number is Toll free: 1.888.354.5792
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:17 PM   #8

Thanks for the reply's, I'll them a call.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
Depends on your make/model/yr and if the truck is factory or customer installed 7-way.

No your Trailer battery should not get drained by just a quick use for the slides. You could always run the truck while operating the slides to help, assuming your truck is set up to provide power while running.

FYI...both my Ford factory setup and my old Nissan Titan had switched power to the 7-way.

My slides will not operate while my truck is running. I assume it is a safety feature so they don't accidentally slide open while driving on the open road.
__________________________________________________ ______________

2013 Sunseeker 3170ds
bobbrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, slide, slide out