Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2021, 01:16 PM   #1

Stress Cracks?

I have a 2019 290RL Wildcat used twice. After my Maiden runs, took to Camping World Akron for Warranty work. They gave back to me 8 months later. (helpful hint with camping World do not take delivery if anything is apparent) you go to bottom of the list, warranty work does not pay! After getting fifth wheel back in March 2020 Covid was here no camping, ⁣ stored until this May, thought we would try again. Once we uncovered we saw a 7inch crack above the slide out corner. called Camping World home of the best service couldn't get me in just to access the problem until December
I took to General RV $3200.00 to fix They see it all the time I was told. They can have it done by December

Is this my luck, or are there others that have this same problem?

Bud
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crack.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	261140  
budrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 07:14 AM   #2

In an effort to keep these rig as light as possible the frames do more flexing then the old rigs with the flexing you can get cracking. Use the search function at the upper right there are many articles about stress cracks. CW is not known for its after sales followup warranty work.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 07:43 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I had a few cracks on my 2014 Wildcat 327ck a year after I bought it. My dealer documented it and sent it to Wildcat. They got back back to me and scheduled repairs at the factory 2 months later. After a month it was back to me fixed. They had replaced both sides (front to back) because the studding and headers didn't support the walls. This model had many problems that year.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 07:50 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

There have been a few other reports of cracks developing at slide-out corners so it isn't just you but I also wouldn't say it is a widespread issue.

Unfortunately, there are too many bad reports about Camping World for most to put any faith into them for anything other than supplies.

I would bypass them altogether, contact the factory for your division (division contact information is on Forest River's web site) and document your case as civil as possible. Others like you in a similar situation have reported favorable outcomes.

Best of luck to you and report back with your progress.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 08:20 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

When I had mine fixed out of warranty they called it a good will repair. They picked it up from Michigan, fixed it in Indiana, then brought it to me in Arizona where I was wintering. They also replaced the faded front cap, a new kitchen stove, and a tire. The best part....at no cost to me. That's good public relations.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:45 AM   #6

Great Service

I don’t want all that but if they would just fix the stress crack I would be super happy seeing how I only used it twice it’s been sitting during Covid at their facility until this July I unwrapped it and there was a nice lady from the factory asked me to send pictures of all four sides in the close-up of the crack but she said don’t get your hopes up we’ll see
Old 08-17-2021, 10:46 AM   #7

Thanks

Tags
crack