Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2019, 10:10 AM   #41

No information

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Yes, ...... but it doesn't come with the vehicle.
A car dealership is a franchise and usually covered by state and federal laws. A RV dealership is almost a brick and morter ebay and you may or may not get any help from them or the manufacturer.
coolgsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:22 AM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgsd View Post
A car dealership is a franchise and usually covered by state and federal laws. A RV dealership is almost a brick and morter ebay and you may or may not get any help from them or the manufacturer.
Thanks for using the QUOTE function. The site team has re-installed the ‘end of QUOTE’ HTML string so that your post appears correctly.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #43

I have a wildcat T311RKS (rear Kitchen) separate galley tank in rear with its own drain connection under slide at rear. Grey tank at bathroom and black tank these share one sewer connection. all tanks are separate when it comes to filling
fairpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:50 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mds47588 View Post
During the walkthrough with the "tech" at the stealership of my trailer (in my sig below) he specifically mentioned that the indicator panel was used in several different models and that I had 1/One/Uno gray tank. Fair enough, as I know how the same parts can be cycled thru various models.

However, while on the 2nd outing I noticed that that both tanks were filling up per the indicator panel. I followed that up with the "tech" who matter of factly stated to me that I could have two tanks, maybe I did, he wasn't at all sure, and "when I get a few minutes I'll call Forest River" Yeah right!

My questions are:

Do I have two tanks? There is only one gray handle. I emptied it this morning and both show empty. So, if there are two tanks, they only dump thru one gate valve.

It's not listed in the brochure or any specs that I can find?

Capacities? I've no clue....???

IF I have two tanks, what drains into what tank?

Thanx in advance for any info provided!
As CadeCade stated this is true, I actually own a Heartland 5ver with the kitchen in the back and bathroom in the front, Other than from my mission control panel there is a secondary pull handle about 5 ft toward the back from where my other pull valves are, it has it's own hatch but the last Forest River unit I had had it up under the skirting. Try crawling underneath and see if there is a second drain handle some place under the skirting.
skipatroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 09:17 AM   #45
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Direct from a rep at Forest River.

This a direct cut and paste from her email.

You are going to have 2-gray tanks. There is one that is going to be 30 gallons and the other is 34 gallons. One will be for the galley (kitchen sink) and the other will be for the shower. The two tanks are plumbed to drain together.

If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you and have a great day.

Sara Hankins
Forest River, Inc.
Retail Advisor

So then I asked about the tanks cross filling each other, and her reply was...

Mark,

Yes, the bathroom sink will drain with the shower in the same tank. Unfortunately, I am not able to find anything showing which tank is plumbed for which part of the travel trailer. You would need to drop the underbelly and get the number off the tank itself. The back flow/check valve is going to be what stops the two tanks from cross filling.

If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you and have a great day.

Sara Hankins

There were several doubters that I simply refused to believe that I had only one drain connection, several people told me how their trailers operated despite several times referencing what I actually have. And a few that had actually had something similar to what I have.

So, for me this is good. Yes, one tank is bigger than the other by a mere 4 gallons. it's easy enough to run water down the kitchen sink or shower and see which one is filling up now that I know.

Someone had PM'd me a factory rep's name/email. To that person, thank you!! Although they are now on the motorhome side, he forwarded me Ms. Borkholder's contact info.
I'm not saying I'm a doubter but I'd certainly like to know more about this so called "back flow/check valve" and how it is plumbed that the gal from FR is speaking of.

Yes, I know what a back flow/check valve is and how they work but in the context of what that valve is... it would keep the two tanks from cross filling sure enough but I see no way it would allow the tank it is protecting to drain when pulling ONE handle. Simply, if it is plumbed to hold liquid within one tank (to keep the tanks from cross filling) it would never release that liquid unless you were able to open that back flow/check valve somehow.

Interesting.

The only way I could see it working was if one tank were higher than the other. The higher tank would continually flow into the lower tank through the back flow/check valve but when the lower tank got full, (either from the higher tank or on its own) it wouldn't back up into the higher tank.

Of course then... the higher tank would NEVER have anything in it (as it would be continually draining into the lower tank) UNTIL the lower tank was FULL... debunking the statement that both tanks were partially filled AT DIFFERENT LEVELS! From the OP... "One was at 1/3 and the other at 2/3."

It also means that the tanks WOULD cross fill to a degree... the higher would cross fill into the lower but the lower couldn't into the higher.

I'm confused.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:06 AM   #46

I am staying in the trailer now as I’m typing this. The gray 1 tank which is the bathroom is showing empty as the shower has not been used yet, but gray 2 which is obviously the kitchen is showing 1/3 after washing the plates from last nights dinner and etc after being used yesterday.

As far as debunking the statement that I made regarding one tank is 1/3 and the other 2/3 full, this almost sounds like a naysayer/doubter, does it not? And not counting all the others that stated I HAD to have more than one drain connection.

For reference, I gave the exact email from the Forest River rep where she stated that there are two tanks that fill independently and separately of each other that is joined by a backfllow/check valve and a common drain.

I know now that I actually have two separate gray tanks, one sewer drain connection, and one gray handle to pull.

Mods: the horse is dead...maybe time to close this thread.
mds47588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:13 AM   #47
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
I am staying in the trailer now as I’m typing this. The gray 1 tank which is the bathroom is showing empty as the shower has not been used yet, but gray 2 which is obviously the kitchen is showing 1/3 after washing the plates from last nights dinner and etc after being used yesterday.

As far as debunking the statement that I made regarding one tank is 1/3 and the other 2/3 full, this almost sounds like a naysayer/doubter, does it not? And not counting all the others that stated I HAD to have more than one drain connection.

For reference, I gave the exact email from the Forest River rep where she stated that there are two tanks that fill independently and separately of each other that is joined by a backfllow/check valve and a common drain.

I know now that I actually have two separate gray tanks, one sewer drain connection, and one gray handle to pull.

Mods: the horse is dead...maybe time to close this thread.
I'm not 'nay saying' at all!
Just stating what you stated.

And no reason to close the thread just because you don't want to deal with the replies.

I'd like to know how it works. That's all.
Common sense says it can't and I'd like to learn something if there is something to be learned.

Old 10-24-2019, 10:45 AM   #48

I stated that the two tanks were filling up and had two different levels of liquid within them. And in fact it’s in the same state now as I’m typing this. I was doubted by several people posting on here that it simply wasn’t true, couldn’t happen, tank sensors were wired up incorrectly...etc whatever. Yes, and the ones who stated that I had to have another sewer drain hidden somewhere...which I don’t. I opened this thread to ask a question, no one here was able to answer it and then via a PM I got pointed towards a Forest River rep who answered what I asked for initially. I then followed that up with direct cut and paste here for everyone that cared to see it could. I assumed (wrongly) that the thread would end there.

I don’t have to “deal with the replies” at all. But I do take exception when I stated something matter of factly such as the different levels within the tanks or more than one drain and yet there is still disbelief that it’s not possible.

As far as to how it exactly works, maybe there are some elves doing some magic, or a mysterious black box. I really dunno (or care). If I ever have to have the chloroplast partially removed, I will promise to take pictures to post, but I’m not doing this to a trailer less than a month old for that reason.

If someone [B]really[B] wants to know how it works the contact ‘s name is above or possibly take a factory tour.
mds47588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:49 AM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I'm not 'nay saying' at all!
Just stating what you stated.

And no reason to close the thread just because you don't want to deal with the replies.

I'd like to know how it works. That's all.
Common sense says it can't and I'd like to learn something if there is something to be learned.
5picker, don't ask any questions. The OP wanted help but he don't have to answer your requests for help/explanation. See?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:12 PM   #50
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
5picker, don't ask any questions. The OP wanted help but he don't have to answer your requests for help/explanation. See?
Yep... I'm out.
I'll continue to wander aimlessly.

Tags
tank, water, water tank