Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2021, 09:29 PM   #1

What is in the ceiling?

2001 Wildcat m-28bh for reference.

there is a hole in the ceiling roof just forward from the ac. Recently we had hail and the cover was damaged. I read once where it was part of the sound system?

Cover on the roof is roughly 24"x26". Do you know what this is? part number? or recommendations for removal and patching?
mooney_ag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 09:48 PM   #2
Site Team

R.I.P. Luke the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:31 PM   #3

SMH...that was certainly helpful.

For you other guys. It appears to be the concertone subwoofer that is in the ceiling. Any ideas or direction for the cover on the roof? I spoke funtown rv which is a forest river dealer and pretty much said they only deal with parts on new or near new units.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney_ag View Post
SMH...that was certainly helpful.
Welcome to the forum!

Platokidd wasn’t being rude to you. What he posted is a typical and generally acceptable way of asking somebody to post pictures so we can help.

I, too, am a little (a lot) confused by what you are trying to describe and agree that a picture or two would help immensely.

We are all here to help each other, so let us help you by looking at pictures of what you are trying to describe.

Take a look at this thread on the forum to learn how to post pictures here. There is a lot of other useful forum-related tips here:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...sics-6778.html

Bruce
Old 07-28-2021, 07:10 AM   #5

how bad is it damaged? I had trouble locating the same cover on my cherokee, so i used some jb weld clear weld two part epoxy to seal a crack in mine. Then i painted it with a couple layers of my white roof coating just for good measure. It might not look the prettiest but no one can see it.
goldbomb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:03 PM   #6

Ceiling roof?

Quote:
2001 Wildcat m-28bh for reference.

there is a hole in the ceiling roof just forward from the ac. Recently we had hail and the cover was damaged. I read once where it was part of the sound system?

Cover on the roof is roughly 24"x26". Do you know what this is? part number? or recommendations for removal and patching?
Mooney, what's confusing everyone is your expression "hole in the ceiling roof." Which is it? The interior ceiling? The exterior roof?

I don't know of any Cherokee that has a 2' x 2' hole in the exterior roof unless they've removed a huge skylight. Is that what you are referring to? We have some pretty big skylights on the roof of our Cherokee 38P, but I'm not sure they are that big. But it could be this one. This is a 22" x 22" internal/26" x 26" external standard RV skylight. Is this what you need?

Or are you referring to merely a hole in the interior ceiling? Our 2008 Cherokee 38P has a Concertone subwoofer in the ceiling, but no protrusion on the exterior roof. I don't think it's quite 2' x 2' but it could be. It's 150 miles away right now--won't be there for a week--so I can't measure it. I don't see how it could be that, since you said it had hail damage.

After thinking about it, I think the link above must be exactly what you are looking for. Good luck.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:31 AM   #7

Goldbomb. It's toast. 3 or 4 holes plus cracks. Uv rays do a number on them on top of the hail.

Larry....opening on both sides. Roof and ceiling so I don't want to play favorites. Ceiling side is fabric cover. Protrusion is on the roof. That link might actually work if it can get high enough fast enough. It's 3" high and fairly flat best of my recollection. Mine is 4 hours away. Really though I don't use the subwoofer so I can remove it if it's easily done.

Thanks for the link.
Old 08-01-2021, 08:10 AM   #8

How-to

Quote:
Goldbomb. It's toast. 3 or 4 holes plus cracks. Uv rays do a number on them on top of the hail.

Larry....opening on both sides. Roof and ceiling so I don't want to play favorites. Ceiling side is fabric cover. Protrusion is on the roof. That link might actually work if it can get high enough fast enough. It's 3" high and fairly flat best of my recollection. Mine is 4 hours away. Really though I don't use the subwoofer so I can remove it if it's easily done.

Thanks for the link.
Is the interior trim still there? If not, you will need to order that, too.

Maybe this one: https://www.icondirect.com/skylight-garnish-sl2222/ . It's for an opening 24-1/2" x 24-1/2".

Here are some videos about replacing the skylight:

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote