Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2018, 01:12 PM   #1

What is this on '16 262RGX?

I was surfing the net and found a 2016 262RGX like ours, but a later model with the white front cap instead of gray. Besides graphics and colors, the unit is pretty much just like ours except it has an extra window or opening in the rear. Anyone know what it is? It is the square behind the rack to the left of the right side tail light....

https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic98816_1.gif
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:23 PM   #2

My flagstaff (not a wildcat) has that same opening its where the water pump and filter are located.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
My flagstaff (not a wildcat) has that same opening its where the water pump and filter are located.
Thanks for the quick reply. I assume it is a door for access? That area is under our sink and nothing but storage, no pump there. Maybe it's storage access from the outside or possibly they relocated the pump on the later '16's?

Edit: Just found a youtube video of one like it, and it is the water heater. Ours is on the side. So, they moved that for whatever reason.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic98816_1.gif
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 01:27 AM   #4
MrE

Water Heater vent

I have a 2018 rgx and that is where the water heater is located. Make sure you clean the tank every season and wash out any sediment from tank, This ounce of prevention is worth the pound of cure. Ensure your anode is sufficient for your usage planned for your RV season. Also replace your flea collars (Wasp and spider repellant) by the propane burner on the water heater and the refrigerator, I don't like wasps. Happy Trails
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote