Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2017, 01:56 PM   #1

where's it made

29RLX seems to be the model the DW has taken a liking to, may pull the trigger soon. While at the Pomona show a salesman was telling me that the Wildcat Maxx trailers are made in Oregon, not Indiana, can someone confirm that. IMHO if a salesman's lips are moving he's lying.

Thanks in advance
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #2
Site Team

A quick google search brought up this.

http://w.forestriverinc.com/brochure...xxBrochure.pdf

Front page says "Built in the northwest for the northwest".

Last page shows an address in Oregon.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:16 PM   #3
Site Team

Wildcat Maxx is made in Oregon.
Wildcat is made in Indiana.

So Wildcat Maxx is exclusive to the Western US.
Wildcat is exclusive to the Eastern US.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:01 PM   #4

And both are "exclusive' to Colorado...lucky me!
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:15 PM   #5

I've owned 2 MAXX units and yes, they are manufactured in Oregon. Only reason I've owned 2 units is liked the 1st one so much we "upgraded" from a 28' trailer to a 33' trailer. VERY happy with all aspects of our MAXX trailers, would buy another without any hesitation.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:53 PM   #6

Same one we had ordered. 2017 wildcat maxx 29rlx. Built in Dalles, Or. Hope you like it, we like ours camped about 11 nights, not as much as I would like. But work seems to get in the way a lot.
willykel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:38 AM   #7

Just to confuse things a little... my 2007 Wildcat rlbs 5th wheel was made in Dallas Oregon on a Zieman frame.

Islander
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back,
Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Bilstein Shocks
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:09 PM   #8

well for once was not lied to by a salesman!

Thanks everyone. I looked around but didn't find it, figured someone would know. Good to hear everyone is happy with theirs. I've heard the labor market is tight around Elkhart so might tend to slam stuff out faster than the good folks of the PNW (I LOVE Oregon, just not when it rains!).
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:02 PM   #9

WildCat

Bought one 1 year 11 months ago. Paint started fading badly about 6 months ago even though I wax it monthly. Called plant in Oregon and so did the RV dealer telling them how bad this is. Basically the response was to bad. We explained that we have been trying for months to get things fixed and been calling the Warranty guy at Oregon plant for weeks with no response back. Finally to day the secretary told us take the hint he is not calling you back or fixing this. Poor workmanship and customer service. Please save yourself the aggravation and do not buy.
Mikein CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikein CA View Post
Bought one 1 year 11 months ago. Paint started fading badly about 6 months ago even though I wax it monthly. Called plant in Oregon and so did the RV dealer telling them how bad this is. Basically the response was to bad. We explained that we have been trying for months to get things fixed and been calling the Warranty guy at Oregon plant for weeks with no response back. Finally to day the secretary told us take the hint he is not calling you back or fixing this. Poor workmanship and customer service. Please save yourself the aggravation and do not buy.
Mikein CA...
Really sorry to hear your story. That really sucks!

Hey Forest River!!... have you checked for a pulse lately ?

Islander
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back,
Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Bilstein Shocks
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:16 PM   #11
Factory Representative

I am very sorry to hear you had some fading issues with your front cap. I would like to see if I can assist. I sent you a private message to provide me with some information. Hopefully there is something I can do to help.
Thanks,
Wildcat Steve
Wildcat Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:31 PM   #12
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Steve View Post
I am very sorry to hear you had some fading issues with your front cap. I would like to see if I can assist. I sent you a private message to provide me with some information. Hopefully there is something I can do to help.
Thanks,
Wildcat Steve
This is encouraging.
With the recent addition of a few more reps on this forum, maybe someone at the factory really is listening.

Thanks!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:31 PM   #13

Quote:

Ours is faded on top from the first year the previous owner kept it outside in Oregon. I keep it under cover, but scared to death to leave it outside for any length of time in the intense Nevada sun. Not sure I would have bought it had I known about this issue. I have seen pics of some that are horrible and look much older than they are.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic98816_1.gif
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:15 PM   #14

I am in California but I wax it monthly so no reason to have already faded
Old 01-10-2018, 09:23 PM   #15

Quote:
I am in California but I wax it monthly so no reason to have already faded
From what I have read, all the waxing in the world won't stop it if exposed to the sun. The problem is in the gel coat itself and the only real cure is painting it with automotive basecoat/clearcoat.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:52 AM   #16

Well all I can say is that is poor workmanship and sad a company would do this knowingly.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Well all I can say is that is poor workmanship and sad a company would do this knowingly.
I doubt they originally knew the gel coat would go bad so fast. The problem I see is their lackluster response to do much about it in many cases. I called the dealer shortly after we got ours about the fading at the top, and they said we were out of luck because we were the 2nd owner.........even though it was only a year old.

The fading is going to happen no matter how many owners it has. It's not like it is a maintenance issue. There should be a recall on them. I'm surprised there hasn't been a class action lawsuit against this.

Here is one I found on the net exactly like ours and only a couple years old. Totally unacceptable and de-valuates it.....

Old 01-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #18

After many calls I came across a man named Michael Terlep who helped me get in touch with Jason Brewer. Jason said he understood and was able to get me in touch with Beverly Scott who approved the repairs. These three people are super stars in my book!
Old 01-15-2018, 04:55 PM   #19

Quote:
After many calls I came across a man named Michael Terlep who helped me get in touch with Jason Brewer. Jason said he understood and was able to get me in touch with Beverly Scott who approved the repairs. These three people are super stars in my book!

Good news! What is the repair plan, replace the cap or repaint it?

Old 01-15-2018, 06:09 PM   #20

Repaint it