Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2016, 02:46 PM   #1

Wildcat 32WB

Looking at a 2017 Wildcat WB fiver. Anyone familiar with it? Looking for any information good or bad.
OzarkPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:50 PM   #2

guess no one is familiar with this unit. Appears to be a new floor plan for 2017. We pulled the trigger today and supposed to pick up on Saturday. Hoping we didn't make another mistake.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:05 PM   #3

How's the Wildcat 32WB

Now I'm looking at the Wildcat 32WB. Please tell me how it's working out for you? What kind of problems? And, what things that are working great. Any information would be great. Thanks.
SandyGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:50 PM   #4

We have used ours for about 20 nights so far. We have had several RV's over the years this being our second 5er. We have really enjoyed it. Love the fireplace feature. Wife loves the full size fridge and the island. We have the king size bed (this may be standard not sure). We did add a memory foam topper to the bed and it sleeps better than the one in our house. The oversize shower is great. I didn't like the little recliners it had in it so we talked the dealer into trading them out for some they had in their showroom. I'm 6'1" and 225 so little recliners don't work for me.

Our inverter went out during our walk thru and they replaced it with an upgraded one. They said the one from the factory was not big enough for the full size fridge so this might be something you would want to check out. We had a slight leak from the hot water tank due to a fitting that was not tightened properly. Other than that we like it better than any RV we have ever had.

It came with the slide topper rails installed and we are planning on adding the toppers this spring. Also as the electric auto level system. It is slower than ones we have had in the past but works perfectly and saves a lot of energy in set up. You literally hit the button and let it do its thing. Takes 3-4 minutes.

I would buy it again. Hope this helps you out.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:41 AM   #5

Thank you for the feedback. That's good to hear you have not had many problems. There are many things I like about this one. I'll spend some more time in it.
SandyGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:31 PM   #6
Mountain Lovers

Thank you Ozarkpreacher for your great review of the 32WB...we have been looking at them and finally found one to look at in person yesterday..we are a little confused about that extra compartment in the large slide out behind the fire place...it has 2 plugs in it but if you would put a wine cooler or small fridge in there..it is on the wrong side of the camper...can't see the purpose of it...what do you use it for? There is also a big price difference from state to state so we have not decided where to buy yet...we really love the floorplan of this unit...we have a Flagstaff 5r now and would like a larger unit...do you by any chance know where the water filter is located? We were unable to find it! Thanks for your help! Any would be appreciated!
Fordcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:24 PM   #7

If there is a water filter in ours I am unaware of it. I have had the basement panels down fixing the hot water tank leak and didn't see one in that area. Pretty sure there's not one under either of the sinks.

Yes, the odd storage bay with the electric outlets. I don't know what the purpose of that was intended for. I use that area to carry my cast iron cookware and burners. Also carry a couple of extra bag chairs in there.

The fireplace feature is nice on those cool evenings when you don't really need the heat on or if you want some additional heat. Works much better than I thought it would.

We put a small fridge and a wall mounted TV on a swingarm mount in the basement storage area since it was prewired for TV and had the electric outlet as well. Also put LED strip lights all the way around underneath for accent lighting and for better visibility at night when walking around outside. That's probably the best $80 I ever spent.

I have had the belly panel part way down as well and can tell you there is no insulation in there. I am planning on correcting that this spring. Will likely add a ceiling fan over the island at some point too. The bedroom air is loud but it blocks all outside noise so we actually decided we like it that way. Others may have a differing opinion on that.

Let me know if you find a water filter and where it is located.

Good luck. Not sure where you are located but we found the best deal near us at Colaw RV in Carthage, MO. I found a slightly better deal in south Texas but it wasn't worth the drive to go get it.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:08 PM   #8

Question Congrats!

Congrats on your 32WB , that is the same model that I've been drooling over for sometime now. If you don't mind a few questions;
What are you towing it with?
Do you plan on using the W/D hookups?
Are you using a slider hitch? What brand/model?
Is the underbelly vented at all or does the "Heated" underbelly just dead head?
Also have you thought about tank heaters and ore SEELevel sensors while you have the underbelly opened up for insulation?

Sorry about all of the questions, I envy you, as soon as I can get rid of my 2013 Microlite I'm jumping on the Wildcat my self!

Thanks for your reply and Cheers

Red
Redrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrider View Post
Congrats on your 32WB , that is the same model that I've been drooling over for sometime now. If you don't mind a few questions;
What are you towing it with? 2013 F250 Power Stroke
Do you plan on using the W/D hookups? Not right now but may in the future.
Are you using a slider hitch? yesWhat brand/model?Reese Pro 15K
Is the underbelly vented at all or does the "Heated" underbelly just dead head? Not heated, just gets whatever radiates from the heating system
Also have you thought about tank heaters and ore SEELevel sensors while you have the underbelly opened up for insulation? We have camped in below freezing weather this winter. never had an issue. Probably will just insulate only.

Sorry about all of the questions, I envy you, as soon as I can get rid of my 2013 Microlite I'm jumping on the Wildcat my self!

Thanks for your reply and Cheers

Red
Glad to answer any questions. We really like this unit and have had no issues. We just got back from being out 14 days with it. Ready to go again in a week or so. So far we have spent over 30 nights in it and we like it more every time we go out. I am going to change the Dometic thermostat. It seems to have some lag time on it between cycling the AC on and off. I hope you are able to get one, they are great units.

A couple other things, I haven't had to use the slider but its good to know I have it if I need it. Also planning on adding slide toppers in a few weeks, I'm tired of climbing up and sweeping them off. Wish I had thought to have the dealer add them when we purchased.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:33 AM   #10

Thanks for the reply... I'm really getting the itch! I've got a family coming to look at my microliters this evening. Hopefully they love the tt as much as we have! BTW did you order or buy off the lot? Maybe someday our paths will cross and we can personally trade tales of adventures. Thanks Ozark, Red
Old 04-28-2017, 12:00 PM   #11

We bought off the lot. We had some must haves on our list and the WB checked the boxes for us.
1. King bed
2. Full size fridge
3. At least 3 slides
4. Dual ac
5. Sink in center island
6. Lower bay that could accommodate t.v.
7. Painted nose cap.
8. Dual batteries
9. specific seating
10. Table and chairs
11. At least 50 gallon fresh water capacity.
12. Large shower.

It gave us everything on the list.

And yes, hopefully we will meet one day.
OzarkPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:31 PM   #12

Well I did it! 2018 Wildcat 32WB, went ahead and added slide toppers, OzarkPreacher gave me the heads up on that one! Love the camper the only major problem that we had was on the night (Saturday after July 4th)of the pickup the kitchen slide jammed and we had to take it back to Berryland campers to get it fixed on Monday, that was the biggest problem! Thank goodness we stopped halfway home for the night, I live just south of Atlanta and Berryland is about 7.5 hours away! All that I need now is the fridge doors to come in! They got dinged up and the dealer said that they had ordered replacements and I will put them on! Only had one weekend in it so far, looking forward to more.

Tags
cat, wildcat