Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #1

Wildcat Sterling 30RL

Has anyone got one of these yet? I am seriously considering getting one and would like to hear from anyone that has one, pros and cons.
texashatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #2

I like the 32RL better, it has a bigger pantry for canned goods and a seperate linen closet. The one thing that I think is rather dumb in the 30RL is the fireplace and chair in the bedroom. Throw out the chair and give me more drawers for clothes. What's up with a fireplace in the bedroom? Do you really plan to sit in the one chair and watch the fireplace? I prefer the fireplace in the main living area.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Cabinet Bob

You are making me feel bad!!
I just bought the 2011 302RL ( pickimng it up on Saturday) with the fireplace up front. I was wondering about the feasability of that layout.
I've never had a 5ver but the price fit my budget. Maybe thats why it was still on the lot.LOL
LOVE this forum! learning lots already.
Thanks to all for your input!!
Bob6870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #4

I posted that almost a year ago. I no longer think the fireplace in the bedroom is a bad idea because some models seem to have an issue getting heat from the furnace into the bedroom.
That Sterling certainly has a WOW factor to it when you walk inside doesn't it? I think you made a great choice.
As with all RV's, be sure to do a PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) before accepting the unit.

BTW, does your unit have the optional 6 point leveling system. I was really impressed with that feature when I saw it in action.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
JAYCO Representative

Can this thread be moved to the Wildcat section? We've had a lot of interest in this model in the last 4-5 months! I'd love to hear what other owners or potential owners have to say...
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:53 AM   #6

We bought a 30RL last November and love it. It has the auto level. We did put in a second AC due to hot summer. The fireplace is good aux heat in the fall and early spring. Ours came with a tankless water heater and we just had it replaced with a traditional tank type. Could not get the tankless to work right. Love the tank type. This is the best camper we have ever owned and we get compliments every where we go. It is also light enough to pull with a well equipped F 150.

Johnv
Johnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Can this thread be moved to the Wildcat section? We've had a lot of interest in this model in the last 4-5 months! I'd love to hear what other owners or potential owners have to say...
Done!
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #8

We will be picking up our new 2013 32RL in about 2 hrs. We traded in our 30 ft 5er after 13 years and problem free, hard decision but the floor plan, garden windows and 6 pt leveling system was overwhelming. Hope to report nothing put postive things about our next adventure!
tbolt69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #9

We bought a 30RL last fall. It is our fifth fifth wheel. It is the best ever. You will love it. Especially the auto level.

Johnv
Johnv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel