Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2018, 10:10 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneZero View Post
So I guess you did find your sticker?
Yes of course. That's why I ended up with a Dually. That truck wouldn't cut it.

I did have to stand on my head. With a flashlight. It was not yellow and it was a color that blended in, IIRC. Also, my old eyes just kept missing it. It was not right where they told me to look on the door jamb.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:25 PM   #82

Well, think we may have found us a truck. I went to go look at a 2011 Dodge which ended up being trashed, I walked over and looked at a 2013 Ford F150 4x4 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB. It has the 5.0L V8 in it, only 70k miles and $17,890. Had no intention in my wife actually liking it, but after she got in it, she did! Talked to the dealer for a few, then left to get some lunch. After we left, she said she hated to say it, but that she really liked it and wanted to go back to test drive it. So needless to say, we will be going back Monday to take it for a spin, and unless something comes up, contact the bank for them to cut us a check! Never in my life did I think she would come to the dark side, but I guess when you have cookies....

OneZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:18 AM   #83

Quote:
Well, think we may have found us a truck. I went to go look at a 2011 Dodge which ended up being trashed, I walked over and looked at a 2013 Ford F150 4x4 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB. It has the 5.0L V8 in it, only 70k miles and $17,890. Had no intention in my wife actually liking it, but after she got in it, she did! Talked to the dealer for a few, then left to get some lunch. After we left, she said she hated to say it, but that she really liked it and wanted to go back to test drive it. So needless to say, we will be going back Monday to take it for a spin, and unless something comes up, contact the bank for them to cut us a check! Never in my life did I think she would come to the dark side, but I guess when you have cookies....

Nice. Hopefully you like it after the test drive.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:21 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandK-M View Post
Delco Bobby, It may sound silly, but you might want to check the glove box. My previous truck was a Chevy Colorado and some of the weight and axle stickers were in there instead of the door for some reason.

Ray
Thanks, I will check the glove box. You jogged my memory as I have seen the stickers there on other GM products.

Both the salesman and myself checked the door and that entire area for that elusive sticker.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:55 PM   #85

Yup, its official, we bought a Ford! I'm still shocked, but I will be going to bank at noon tomorrow to sign the paperwork, then back to the car lot to pick it up after work tomorrow afternoon. Now I have to figure out how to work all the bells and whistles it comes with.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:39 PM   #86

Quote:
Yup, its official, we bought a Ford! I'm still shocked, but I will be going to bank at noon tomorrow to sign the paperwork, then back to the car lot to pick it up after work tomorrow afternoon. Now I have to figure out how to work all the bells and whistles it comes with.

Good choice, and congrats!
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:56 PM   #87

Quote:
Great choice. I also have a 2013 f150 xlt 4x4 6.5bed, 5L, 3.73. If u have the 3.73 in that truck it gives u a higher towing capacity, not payload but towing like 7500 max for the 3.55 vs 9300 max towing for the 3.73. My payload is 1450lbs so not great but also not super low. Love my 5.0 she sounds amazing but loves the gas. Lol. We just bought a Cherokee grey wolf 26dbh for our new camper. Should be here in early April. Hopefully.
Olotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:04 PM   #88

How would I go about identifying what gears it has in it?
Old 03-01-2018, 10:36 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
Just sharing to the benefit of the OP and who is still looking for a truck.

Last year I went through this process to try to find a 1/2 ton truck to pull a big trailer.
I wanted 1/2 ton for it's my daily commute and I wanted to be able to park inside my garage.
I looked at all options and configurations of all companies and could not find any that would beat the F150.
I also could not find any F150 available that was specked for max. towing and payload - I wanted the max that Ford was advertising, the dealer I was working with even requested me to confirm the spec. that I wanted for he looked up the entire US inventory and could not find it so I had to special order.
The yellow sticker is attached and the way I was able to get that payload on a crewcab was:
1 - 6 1/2 bed
2 - HD payload package
3 - 301 package (the more stuff you have, the less payload)
I don't remember if it's included into the HD payload package but the 3.73 differential is a must.
My payload is a little less than the max. the F150 can carry because I wanted the V8 engine but if you choose the 3.5 ecoboost, the payload for the same configuration will be a little higher.
The end result is that you have a 1/2 ton driving comfort with an almost 3/4 ton payload.
The 3 months of waiting for it to be built was totally worth it.
I looked as well and never found it. The reason why was I wanted a higher trim.

Once you go above the XLT with the 301 trim package you speced out the HD payload package is no longer available.

You have a unicorn but I wanted a unicorn with a leather saddle...love your payload though and you are so right bit after driving it I would not pass up the EB.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:18 PM   #90

Quote:
How would I go about identifying what gears it has in it?
Look at your door sticker where it says axle and the 3.73 has a code of L6 the e locker so where your 4x4 switch is at in your truck you'll have two extra positions that's to lock out one wheel or the other for traction the 3.55 has a code of L9 also e locker but your towing capacity won't be as high.
Olotti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
truck