Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #1

2011 Wildwood Xlite 28BHXL Outside Cable Connector

I just picked up my 2011 Wildwood Xlite 28BHXL this weekend. I love almost every aspect of it except that, it has no sewer hose holder - I remedied that today. The one thing I didnt notice until today is that there is no external cable tv connector. Ive been pondering what the best way to install one would be. I thought about installing connector on the frame running the coax underneath the trailer then drilling up into floor where I come out in entertainmet center then hooking to connector so I can use either the cable or the antenna with boost. Does anyone else have similar situation experience or can anyone offer any advice?
67Stang68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Stang68 View Post
I love almost every aspect of it
Good to hear! I'm driving from Montreal, Canada to pick up my 28bhxl this weekend at RVW in Lakeview, Ohio.

The unit was custom built and I have taken the cable option. I'll let you know how they fit it from the factory and take some pics if that can help.

As for the sewer hose holder, I've just noticed that there were none yesterday. What did you do to remedy that? Another thing I think will be annoying is the only exterior baggage access is at the back rear. I would have liked to see at least one opening at the front for the hitch and towing accessories...

Other than that, it seems to be a very nice trailer, great floor plan, excellent value.
Windshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #3

I picked up mine from RVW as well. Long drive but Overall excellent experience. Kyle Davis was my sales guy and Josh took care of finance. The info on how your cable is ran would be great. I will take pics of what I did, but basically I bought the sewer hose holder from camping world and mounted it under bumper to the rear of those triangle gaurds. It looks like it was meant to be there.

While there we had a equalizor load/sway system put on and also had our brake controller replaced with a Prodigy P3 brake controller. I cant speak highly enough of the brake controller. Its awesome!! We drove straight through 625 miles and last 4 miles a deer ran out in front as I was doing 50mph at 1:30 am stopped so smooth.

Storage is sparse but right now hitch is locked onto trailer and bars are across front by propane tanks.

Have a safe trip and be sure to go over everything with a fine tooth comb and they will resolve everything before you leave...
67Stang68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
28bh, catv, wildwood, cable