Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #1

2012 Wildwood 261BHXL Cable TV

Hello,

Alright my wife and I are pretty new at the travel trailer ownership couple of weeks. So, i searched through the wildwood forum and didn't really find what i was looking for. We're planning a trip and one of the camps we're stopping at has cable tv available. I'm not much of a tv watcher, however my children are. I don't have an external hookup other than the one that lets you connect the TV for outside antenna viewing.

I couldn't find a wiring diagram for the cable lines either.

Finally my question, If I ran the cable from the campground to the outside line and turned off the antenna booster since all of the cable line is connected, not sure how no wiring diagram. Then ran the coax from the inside to the tv, turned off the signal booster, and programmed the television would it work that way? Any information would be appreciated. When I actually get to the site I will attempt it and say whether it works or not if there aren't any answers. I should've asked during the showing.

Thanks!
hannibaljv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #2

Outside antenna viewing? Are you sure?
Bruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
Site Team

do you mean outside tv viewing?
my trailer only has a input for outside cable tv or outside satellite tv.
there's nothing for hooking an outside tv to, except a power outlet. i'd have to run a cable out from the cable output inside, to the outside tv.

by the way, you won't find a wiring diagram, unless you know someone at the Wildwood factory.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #4

I've had the same question in the event we go somewhere with cable access included. To my understanding, the outside coax is for when you move the TV outside so you can connect to your antenna, like an extension of the where it is connected inside. I don't remember seeing anywhere for an external cable hook up to come in. I think the only two I have seen are feeds coming from the antenna.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #5

Arsonal, do you have a cable connection somewhere inside your rig? If so, you should have another cable connection on the outside hookup side where you can connect a cable from the CG to your trailer. That will provide a cable signal to the rest of your rig.
JimmyDLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #6

I do have an inside cable connection near the TV. There is also a cable connection outside near the outside TV mount. I think the park we are going to in a few weeks has cable, so I guess I'll find out then. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #7

Alright well messing around with it the other day I tried pushing a signal from a VCR to that outside hookup and I couldn't get a signal to the TV.

That's the only outside hookup on the trailer and it has the slide in mount to put the TV outside and the plug. Scanning for signals it picks up the antenna stations fine outside from the hookup. Just haven't tried an actual cable line yet. If you run an an audio cable like a double sided headphone jack from the TV back to the aux of the stereo then you can use it for the TV volume on the outside b speakers.

I'll know soon I just need to get a little more time and I'll be able to try it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120718_075816.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	16704
Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #8

That's the same setup on mine.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #9

I bet they snaked a cable outside the window to feed the outside TV.
Bruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #10

Alright that plug in the front by the door will back feed the cable signal only problem now is I think my TV got to hot and went out. :/
Old 07-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #11

Just to make sure I understand the backfeed part - does that mean that you plugged in an exterior cable line and it ran to the inside TV?

And ugh about the TV. Do you think it had anything at all to do with the backfeed?
Old 07-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #12

Yes, I plugged an outside cable line into the line on the outside front of the trailer by the door, then I turned off the signal boost and scanned for cable channels, with the TV hooked up to the inside by the cabinets and dinette it worked!

The TV part well I tried just the antenna, audio/video jacks from a portable DVD player and HDMI from my Roku streaming player got the same result. Like the TV got to hot or something and the top half fades to white and the picture seems slow

Tags
antenna, cable, television, wiring