Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2016, 08:32 PM   #1

2016 wildwood 263bhxl slide out?????

hello, my family just bought this camper, and is curious if for some reason the power isn't at the switch, is there a way to manually get the slide in?? any info would be helpful thanks
seaswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:23 PM   #2

I don't have that model but most Wildwoods seem to share the same components.
Mine blew the fuse on the second use. The fuse was on a control panel under the fridge. I have the electric motor/screw drive (not cables). There is a way to put a wrench on the motor to bring in the slide manually. The procedure is in the owners manual.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:01 AM   #3

I had this issue with my similar model trailer awhile back. there is an override button located on right side, under the slide itself on the inside. you have to stick your finger into a hole and you will feel a soft button (small). you press this and it should allow the button to work and the slide to move in very small increments.

or like mentioned above it could be the fuse. In my case the entire slide wiring harness had to be replaced to fix this issue.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:17 PM   #4

I also have this exact trailer. I am also on the hunt to figure out how to manually operate the slide out. The manual does not give an answer, at least not the manual I was provided with from the dealer. What I did find is a controller box under the back bottom bunk bed that you would have to push the small reset button six times and hold it on the seventh time while someone uses the switch to bring it in. What I don't understand about that is isn't that have to use power to do that??? I haven't tried that but I think the fix would be is to have your truck hooked up to the trailer when using the slide out being that the trailer is normally only provided with one 12v battery that way it's using your truck battery power also to operate the slide out. I know my one 12v battery on the trailer is not enough power alone to operate the slide out
Revirtserof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:06 AM   #5

I had the same experience as Revirtserof, I have also not found a manual method to open/close the slide out and had to use that over ride controller box in the manner he mentions. now i didnt need the truck hooked up to the trailer for this to work.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:42 PM   #6

Do you only have one 12v battery on your trailer? And your slide out works to put it out and in? Interesting. Mine barely starts to slide out like 2" then it stops and it makes the noise but sounds like it's struggling with not enough power with only one battery.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #7

no i have dual batteries.

the slide out only moving 2"s at a time is what i experienced. the wiring harness had to be replaced under warranty. i had to use the over ride as you described to get my slide out to work until that warranty work was done.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #8

So your saying that even with dual batteries the slide out didn't work? Thanks for the info by the way
Old 06-09-2016, 09:14 AM   #9

Correct, we where on our second camping trip when the slide out decided to not slide back in when it was time to leave. that is when i had to use the manual override process. I have had no further issues since and we have taken it out 10 times after that trip.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:54 PM   #10

Just purchased 2017 Heritage Glen 282RK. New to TT RVing. Towing is okay, still working on backing up. Trying to find information on manual slide out operation. Manual is not helpful. Don't want to be in a situation where this may be an issue. Found a small opening in the skirting but the hole is not lined up for use with the hand crank. Any suggestions?
nvferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 03:00 PM   #11

My manual is in the camper which is currently at CW for warranty work. I should be getting it back Monday. I'll post the instructions if no one else has by then.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:15 AM   #12

Thanks, Mars. I've looked at videoes posted by FR but not much info. I'll wait for your post.
nvferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:19 PM   #13

Sorry it took so long to get back we had a few delays with the unit.
For the electric motor slides, the manual basically said put you manual crank on the motor and start turning. You can see the hex shaped shaft in the photo below. The cotter pin helps hold the factory supplied crank on the shaft.

For the hydraulic slides you have to put a drill on the end of the motor. It does not state where but based on other similar hyd. power units I have seen the will be a plug or decal at the end of the electric motor and the shaft end will be behind it.

Tags
slide, slide out, wildwood