Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2020, 08:04 PM   #1

2017 Wildwood 171RBXL leaking up thru stove vent

Howdy, we bought this little jewel just over a month and was able to get one short trip in before recent event took place. Well anyways we have been busy get it set up and such. Had a very heavy storm with wind, rain and hail pass by. I thought that would be an excellent time to check for leaks. Noticed water under the sink window and inspected around the window and below. Not finding anything obvious I figured I’d just reseal around the window, no big deal. Then I noticed it was coming from the stove area. Then I saw the water droplets on the wall under the vent. Went outside to check and sure enough the water was blowing up under the flapper that does not lock down. It appear it may but pops right back open.

Now my question, is there a brand name for the vent cover or is there a fix to keep the flap closed? While these storms are not that frequent, rain is! And I can envision road spray causing the same problem.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:37 AM   #2

Is that flapper on the roof or on the side of the rig?

We had a similar problem, but it concerned birds getting into the vent over the bathroom in our house. A couple of magnets and a bit of mounting glue kept it closed while letting the air out when the fan was on.

Edit: The flap was on the side of the house.a
Old 04-06-2020, 09:37 AM   #3

This flapper would be on side of rig. Range vent fan.

Tags
leak, vent, wildwood