Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2017, 10:28 PM   #1

2017 Wildwood Heritage Glen 368RLBHK Serious Issues

Rolled off assembly line 2/13 and i took delivery 2/24. Have made two trips for a total of 9 days. Love the layout but not sure about the quality. Here's why:

1st trip:

All good, got home opened kitchen slide and linoleum ripped in front of stove. Dealer found nails holding carpet down in slide came through bottom of slide and caught linoleum and carpet.

2nd trip:

1: Bedroom ac fan set on low is supposed to run at all times (compressor running or not), mine shuts off with compressor after tstat temp reached.

2: Microwave quit working.

3: Wife opened drivers side closet door and noticed it dragging on the inside wall panel. Further investigation revealed the panel had bowed to the point of pulling through the staples. The panel on the back wall of the closet (same side) was even WORSE. Appears the nose is flexing once its hitched to truck and landing gear raised.

3: Debris must have been on floor prior to installing linoleum. Several pieces of the debris are starting to come through the linoleum after being walked on.

Not sure how these issues will be addressed yet.
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:05 PM   #2

oh boy. I have a knot in my stomach. I have a heritage glen 372rd that rolled off the line two weeks after yours. Picked up last monday and rolling out this weekend for first trip. Hoping and praying all is well and I dont end up with a horror story trailer.

Fit and finish looks good on mine. I have walked around and looked for hours.

Does your unit have a battery disconnect? mine does not. I have two batteries and the inverter for the residential fridge. Can not fine a disconnect any where. The two batteries were completely dead after a week in my moms front yard and I double checked to make sure everything was off (so i thought)
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:33 AM   #3

No battery disconnect. I installed one the other day. Radio and fridge inverter have draw when shore power disconnected.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:53 AM   #4

I wish you luck with the repairs and hope the problems end. I'll knock on wood. Side note where did you put your disconeect? I briefly looked and tried to follow the wires to see how they were conncected and where the wires went, but they were all over. I have two batteries. One up front by the landing gear and one around the corner in a small compartment where the propane normally is (both tanks on other side) I was hoping to install one switch in an easy to get to spot that would take care of both batteries.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:19 PM   #5

Got switch at Harbor freight for about 8 bucks. Remove breaker panel cover. Mine had 2 positive wires connected to the fuse buss. Disconnected them and crimped ring terminals on both and connected to one side of switch. I had a piece of battery cable that I ran from other side of switch and other end to fuse panel connection where the 2 cables were removed. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170329_175902584.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	133257Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170329_180348107.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	133258Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170329_180411970.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	133259Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170329_180203214.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	133260Click image for larger version

Name:	image_27328.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	133261
Old 03-29-2017, 06:53 PM   #6

thanks for the pics and info. Sorry your post ended up helping me more then I helped you. Good luck with the fixes. Keep me posted. Wish I had better access to owners of bran new Heritage Glens for model specific type issues. Counting down till Friday. All packed and hooked up and rolling out after work on Friday.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
I wish you luck with the repairs and hope the problems end. I'll knock on wood. Side note where did you put your disconeect? I briefly looked and tried to follow the wires to see how they were conncected and where the wires went, but they were all over. I have two batteries. One up front by the landing gear and one around the corner in a small compartment where the propane normally is (both tanks on other side) I was hoping to install one switch in an easy to get to spot that would take care of both batteries.
Usually both batteries are close together and connected together. If that is your situation a cut off switch at the 1st battery shuts everything down, no chance of any draw.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #8

I picked up the switch at my local harbor freight. (cheapest by far) Just need to figure out where and how I will install.

Set up last night for my first time out. So far so good. Everything is working fine. Knock on wood. 2 more days left for the first trip out.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpaw56 View Post
Got switch at Harbor freight for about 8 bucks. Remove breaker panel cover. Mine had 2 positive wires connected to the fuse buss. Disconnected them and crimped ring terminals on both and connected to one side of switch. I had a piece of battery cable that I ran from other side of switch and other end to fuse panel connection where the 2 cables were removed. Attachment 133257Attachment 133258Attachment 133259Attachment 133260Attachment 133261
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you do a battery disconnect in the battery compartment? I know my kids and they would mess around with a big red switch if they found it in the main area.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH (sold)
DNA111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:39 PM   #10

Couldn't really figure out how batteries were tied together up front. Found this to be simplest way for me. I was concerned about nosey kids too. Just have to deal with it if it happens.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:18 PM   #11

I agree. My 372rd is the same way. I cant follow all the different leads coming off both batteries very well. I may install one on each battery or follow your lead and install at the panel. Minus the fact I have no kids to mess with it.

I wonder how many things come off the battery before the panel to create a draw? Landing gear etc? I see 3 in line fuses in the front compartment which leads me to believe several things come straight off the battery.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
I agree. My 372rd is the same way. I cant follow all the different leads coming off both batteries very well. I may install one on each battery or follow your lead and install at the panel. Minus the fact I have no kids to mess with it.

I wonder how many things come off the battery before the panel to create a draw? Landing gear etc? I see 3 in line fuses in the front compartment which leads me to believe several things come straight off the battery.

That was my thought as well, I would bet there is draw before the panel. Also another draw you may not think about, the tv antenna amplifier in the master bedroom. It runs on 12v and it only powers off when you push the little button. It runs constantly.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH (sold)
DNA111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA111 View Post
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you do a battery disconnect in the battery compartment? I know my kids and they would mess around with a big red switch if they found it in the main area.
This is only way to go!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:43 PM   #14

Good Lord... picture 2 is how the wires look behind that breaker panel?

I'm picking mine up Tuesday, same model as yours. How'd you get behind the panel? Through the bunk room?

Trying to figure out where I want to install my EMS - either behind the hookup station where the shore cable plugs in, or there at that breaker panel.

That mess of wires makes me think this seemingly simple job might not be so simple.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by m35a2 View Post
Good Lord... picture 2 is how the wires look behind that breaker panel?

I'm picking mine up Tuesday, same model as yours. How'd you get behind the panel? Through the bunk room?

Trying to figure out where I want to install my EMS - either behind the hookup station where the shore cable plugs in, or there at that breaker panel.

That mess of wires makes me think this seemingly simple job might not be so simple.
You have access to the back of the panel and converter by removing drawers where you would put a tv in the bunk room. If I had to do over I would put one of these switches on each battery but I already had the key type switch.

Name:   images (1).jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  10.2 KB
Old 05-15-2017, 10:22 AM   #16

My batteries are in parallel, not in the same compartment, and each battery has systems connected to it.

Near as I can tell, the inverter is connected at the battery in front storage and the rest of the camper is connected at the battery in the side storage. I haven't decided if I want to install 2 cutoffs or if I want to rearrange the wiring.
Leaning towards two cutoffs I think.

What's funny is that both batteries are in a vented battery box, but the way the wires are run there's no way the covers will go on. I plan to fix that, too.

Also I've found three inline 15A fuses so far, squirreled away here and there. One of them I know goes to the landing gear. No clue what the others protect.
I think I will put together a wiring diagram as I trace this stuff out.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by m35a2 View Post
My batteries are in parallel, not in the same compartment, and each battery has systems connected to it.

Near as I can tell, the inverter is connected at the battery in front storage and the rest of the camper is connected at the battery in the side storage. I haven't decided if I want to install 2 cutoffs or if I want to rearrange the wiring.
Leaning towards two cutoffs I think.

What's funny is that both batteries are in a vented battery box, but the way the wires are run there's no way the covers will go on. I plan to fix that, too.

Also I've found three inline 15A fuses so far, squirreled away here and there. One of them I know goes to the landing gear. No clue what the others protect.
I think I will put together a wiring diagram as I trace this stuff out.
Wiring diagram would be great. Dealer told me the 2nd deep cycle battery (in front bay) was for res fridge. Both tied in together so fridge will run longer when dry camping.

I ordered EMS and came in today. Installed next to inverter. Mounted remote right above switch panel and ran remote wire down wall with rest of switch wiring, with direct access to EMS.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:41 PM   #18

That would have been my 2nd choice spot. I picked where I did because there seemed like a lot of room and there was an extra loop of power cable. Yeah...lots of room till I crawled in there. LOL.

Yeah the inverter powers just the fridge I believe.

Did they ever get your problems sorted out?

Tags
wildwood