Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2021, 07:35 AM   #1

2021 Wildwood x-lite 273qbxl flooring problem

Our 2021 273qbxl was purchased last August, and we were able to use it twice in the fall. After these trips we returned it to the dealer in late October to address a few minor problems, and one major problem. The linoleum flooring had been penetrated by some sort of fasteners (nail, screw, staple?) from below in 5 locations. The worst of these actually hurt your feet to walk over, and snagged your socks as you walked shoeless through the coach.
After checking on the progress through the winter months, we finally get the ok to come get the coach March 22. That’s 5 months! One of the minor repairs was not addressed, the flooring solution was to pound the protrusion in and fill with some sort of putty that had already peeled off exposing a flap of linoleum that will most certainly continue to peel with time. Has anyone else had problems, or better yet solutions for flooring issues in Forest River products? I am afraid these protrusions will hasten the deterioration of what appears to already be a fragile floor.
Needless to say I am disappointed in the product support, from both the dealer and the manufacturer.
Old 03-23-2021, 10:58 AM   #2

Have you actually contacted FR about this and provided pics? Just for clarification the term coach is usually used when talking about a motor home not a travel trailer or 5th wheel. Your rig is new make them correct it. I would do a search for floor problems with that rig jut for your info. good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:24 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C170 View Post
Our 2021 273qbxl was purchased last August, and we were able to use it twice in the fall. After these trips we returned it to the dealer in late October to address a few minor problems, and one major problem. The linoleum flooring had been penetrated by some sort of fasteners (nail, screw, staple?) from below in 5 locations. The worst of these actually hurt your feet to walk over, and snagged your socks as you walked shoeless through the coach.
After checking on the progress through the winter months, we finally get the ok to come get the coach March 22. That’s 5 months! One of the minor repairs was not addressed, the flooring solution was to pound the protrusion in and fill with some sort of putty that had already peeled off exposing a flap of linoleum that will most certainly continue to peel with time. Has anyone else had problems, or better yet solutions for flooring issues in Forest River products? I am afraid these protrusions will hasten the deterioration of what appears to already be a fragile floor.
Needless to say I am disappointed in the product support, from both the dealer and the manufacturer.

C170,

Thank you for being a part of the Wildwood family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new X-Lite. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Miranda Blackburn in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: https://www.forestriverinc.com/Direc...21062029563926.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:22 AM   #4
2020 FR Wildwood 263BHXL

I had a similar issue. 2020 Xlite floor vinyl folded over in one spot. Took it to dealer over winter for warranty work. They installed a whole new floor. Could not have been happier with response. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1674.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	250471
JMMP9MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:14 PM   #5

How did they replace the floor? Did they cut out the entire floor around the perimeter of the trailer? Or did they just cut a section around the damage and match the cut line into the faux grout line? I’m curious because our dealer is very adamant that they would most likely not replace the floor.
Old 03-31-2021, 02:45 PM   #6
2020 FR Wildwood 263BHXL

Ok, so trailer is in storage still, but had time to stop by and look things over a bit more. I am happy with the floor work completed, but on further inspect, the whole floor was not replaced. In a few weeks when I pull it out and open the slip I’ll take a good photo of the repair.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:19 AM   #7

Well I used the direct link listed above to try and have a dialogue with the warranty department at Forest River and got no reply. The dealer hired a residential flooring company to make the repair that consisted of putting some sort of putty in the holes. Needless to say this peeled up by just rubbing over the hole. Very disappointed in both the manufacturer and the dealer, I will never buy, or recommend them to anyone.
Old 04-18-2021, 09:12 AM   #8

Many times things don't happen fast in the RV repair world. If you haven't heard from FR yet does not mean they are not going to help. Did you send them pics of the problem and the less then satisfactory fix? with that said if you are that disappointed why not trade it off on an SOB and get the stress out of your life.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
Old 04-18-2021, 09:21 AM   #9

Thumbs up

The trailer has been back at the dealership since October! The dealer has sent pix to FR. That inspired their first repair attempt. I sent the email via this forum nearly a month ago. In what industry does a business model say we can satisfy customers in that kind of time frame. Sorry, you can defend them all you want, I just don’t see this as good customer relations.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:18 AM   #10

I'm not defending FR I based my response on your lack of providing a time line. It does seem that this should have been handled by now. Had this been me I would not have waited a month for an email reply before calling the Mfg. I think relying on the dealer to present your case is not always the best approach. Take pics yourself and let FR know the original and the repair is substandard and you want it fixed. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
Old 04-24-2021, 05:57 AM   #11
2020 FR Wildwood 263BHXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMP9MM View Post
I had a similar issue. 2020 Xlite floor vinyl folded over in one spot. Took it to dealer over winter for warranty work. They installed a whole new floor. Could not have been happier with response. Attachment 250471

So I figured out how they repaired the floor. They used some kind of adhesive and stretched it and glued it. I honestly can’t tell at all. I had to get down and look and feel with my hand like 3x before seeing how it was done. I’m satisfied with how they did it.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:44 AM   #12
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C170 View Post
I sent the email via this forum nearly a month ago. In what industry does a business model say we can satisfy customers in that kind of time frame. Sorry, you can defend them all you want, I just don’t see this as good customer relations.
I don't understand sending a e mail through this forum. This forum is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, flooring, lite, wildwood