Old 09-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #41
Camper

Measurements on the siding? What happened?

The suspension upgrades are cool but I would probably start by balancing the tires first. Either weights at a local tire shop or balance bead type. I am going to go with the balance beads type for next season. I asked the local tire shop and they said they do not balance trailer tires anymore due to them needing so much weight and it really never gets fully balanced. Beads it will be.

Slide toppers. I am not sure you will be able to put them on. The trim on the top of my slides go almost up to the gutter. I don't think there is enough room for them.

Why were you going to trade it in, just curious?

I am not happy with the way mine tows. I have 2000 pound bars on a Blue Ox hitch and there is a bit of shimmy at the rear of the trailer at times.

TV - 2006 F350 6.0 DRW CC
TT - 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:03 PM   #42

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4758.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	270.4 KB
ID:	152295

Found a fence post not long after we got it.
Just now getting it fixed. About $1000.

I guess I should explain why Iím looking at suspension upgrades. I upgraded tires to load range E (they are balanced). They make the ride a bit harsh. Also, I have an issue with what I call chucking, an up and down motion of the nose. Especially when I hit a bridge transition or other bump. Iíd like to smooth that out. I have airbags on the truck and they help but want more control.

As far as trading, that was really on a whim.
We really like the camper but one downside is the small bathroom. I was looking at a Vibe that is the virtually same floor plan but with a little larger bathroom. They lowballed the trade and I said ďNope.Ē

MarkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:01 AM   #43
Camper

Ouch. That stinks.

I think my biggest pet peeve with this unit is the placement of the TP holder. What a pia to get to when on the throne.

I would not mind upgrading the suspension on the trailer. Wet bolts or the never fail system seems like a basic necessity. The Equ-Flex system would be nice. Shocks would be cool too.

TV - 2006 F350 6.0 DRW CC
TT - 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:57 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
Ouch. That stinks.

I think my biggest pet peeve with this unit is the placement of the TP holder. What a pia to get to when on the throne.

I would not mind upgrading the suspension on the trailer. Wet bolts or the never fail system seems like a basic necessity. The Equ-Flex system would be nice. Shocks would be cool too.

My Pet Peeve is sink cabinet door opens towards the throne and when TP is low i cannot get door open for more. Argh
pbandrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:43 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyB View Post
Dropped the trailer off at the dealer today. The main air conditioner froze up last weekend while we were at the beach. So I'm having them check it out. Service manager said they've had issues with a certain serial number range of 15K Dometic A/C units.
What were the dates on those units?
StressedVines Wine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:14 AM   #46

I donít remember at this point.
If you have one, and your rig is a 2016 model year, you should ask your dealer.
But Iíd say if it hasnít failed by now youíre probably ok.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:41 PM   #47

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5527.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	313.3 KB
ID:	176055

Installed a Girard tankless water heater.
After our first weekend using it I can declare it a successful mod.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:15 AM   #48
The camp drunk

Where to start...

2016 31KQBTS

Purchased new, in northeast Indiana. Took it to southwesrern Colorado for the inaugural trip.

Bent frame, just forward of the rear slides. Both sides. Bathroom door 1 1/2" out of square, wouldn't stay shut. Soft spot in the kitchen floor where they didn't cover the duct work with wood (just linoleum). Dinette table top wouldn't fit to convert it into a bed. Tires wore like they were under inflated, but they weren't.

There was a long list. We sent it back to the factory 3 months after we bought it. They "fixed" most of it.

Well, the frame is bent again, in the same spot, both sides. When they reinforced the frame, they failed to weld the sections that bent the first time. And now the tongue has twisted enough that I cannot level the unit from the front. The remote only works the front stabilizer, awning, and light. There's still a soft spot in the kitchen floor.

When they did the work, they replaced all of the tires with load range D Castle Rocks. After the second complete tread separation in one week (neither tire lost air) I can assure CASTLE ROCK TIRES ARE JUNK. They were both on the passenger side, and they took the motor off the rear stabilizer, as well as the lower portion of the siding.

The tongue jack quit. Just quit. So I used the manual override but on top. It split in half.

Ours is back at the dealership, waiting for the factory to pick it up again. I'm not sure what is going to happen, but I know something needs to happen.
Tuffjarhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:35 PM   #49

Quote:
Attachment 176055

This catches my attention. Interesting
phillip252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #50
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Attachment 176055

Fits and replaces the standard Atwood or Suburban water heater?
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=83
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:01 PM   #51

It fit the opening, but the water and gas plumbing didnít line up and had to be tweaked.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:31 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukemax View Post
Yea, with less than a 1000 miles I already had a tire with lot of wear on inside of tread. I'm wondering if this is my issue as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The tires forest river use are junk! Went through 2 sets of axles and 3 sets of tires, an alignment on trailer and nothing corrected it. Bought name brand tires which the dealer argued with forest river to do after the first set of axle replacement but they wouldn't do it. So I said f____ it and replaced them myself and now going on 3 seasons with no tire issues, tires look brand new still! I am to the point now that I do all the maintenance cause I can do it and know it's done right and in a timely manner!
I also had drain pipes come off on outdoor kitchen and tub inside.
Had brake assembly come apart and lock up one tire but luckly I was backing it in storage when that happened!
We pay so much for these camper only to have so many problems! I think they should be held accountable just like the auto manufacturers are!
Just my 2 cents!

happyttowner is offline   Reply With Quote