Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #1

3rd valve to empty grey tank

On our 2015 wildwood heritage Glenn 312QBUD we can not find the valve to empty third tank no one showed it to us during walk through now our tube is full of water. Someone please help in telling us where to valve is located . Called camping and got no help there. Thanks!
Mcindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:59 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

This an older unit but might be similar http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ely-19978.html

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:34 PM   #3

If it's like my 282bhis third vavle is in front off slide much further under trailer than the two in back
mulltrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:13 PM   #4

Thanks to all who replied, but we found out by trial and error there is a sequence to use that will drain all tanks.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcindia View Post
Thanks to all who replied, but we found out by trial and error there is a sequence to use that will drain all tanks.
Meaning you found another valve or what? Inquiring minds want to know what is the sequence that allowed you to drain your tanks.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:19 PM   #6

What I did was to drain 1st grey tank is to pull the lever that is labeled grey, to drain second grey tank pull the grey lever with the black tank lever at same time, do not pull the third handle also at this time cause you it will empty the black tank ,leave it closed and your second grey tank will empty. The black tank is emptied by pulling black tank lever and the third valve which is closest to back ( it is longer then the other two )of trailer. If you need more explanation I will be glad to help.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:16 AM   #7

They changed it on the 2016 model and it really confused me because at least on mine they mislabeled the handles..the main valve (the valve with the longest pull) is actually my black tank...the small black valve on the frame is my gray tank and then the small valve that runs into the end of the black tank is for the outdoor kitchen...it took me a whole weekend of filling them with water and trial and error to figure out lol
Koolcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolcamper View Post
They changed it on the 2016 model and it really confused me because at least on mine they mislabeled the handles..the main valve (the valve with the longest pull) is actually my black tank...the small black valve on the frame is my gray tank and then the small valve that runs into the end of the black tank is for the outdoor kitchen...it took me a whole weekend of filling them with water and trial and error to figure out lol
I have a question for ya? How many hose outlets are there sounds like (2) but could be (1) which would be nice. I have 2 gray tanks and 1 black. What the pita is that I have also 2 hose outlets. Either I have to wye them together or keep moving the sewer line. When hooked to a sewer if I'm staying awhile I like to leave both grays open....Is yours the same? I don't know why they couldn't put them all together in one outlet. I refuse to put a 90 degree elbow in to tie them together. I have seen that done. But we all know what happens with 90's.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:33 AM   #9

I have only one outlet...the 30bhh has 2 outlets..I have 2 greys and one black..I can take a picture of it tomorrow when I'm up at the campground
Old 08-29-2015, 08:05 AM   #10

Kook camper I think you are correct with miss labelling of valves, the long handle is the black tank, both shorts are grey tanks .
Old 08-29-2015, 08:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I have a question for ya? How many hose outlets are there sounds like (2) but could be (1) which would be nice. I have 2 gray tanks and 1 black. What the pita is that I have also 2 hose outlets. Either I have to wye them together or keep moving the sewer line. When hooked to a sewer if I'm staying awhile I like to leave both grays open....Is yours the same? I don't know why they couldn't put them all together in one outlet. I refuse to put a 90 degree elbow in to tie them together. I have seen that done. But we all know what happens with 90's.....

I think one outlet is for black tank and one for grey, have to figure what valve goes to each outlet.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:04 AM   #12

My 15 312QBUD is a different setup vs my 16 312QBUD....on the 15 I had the long main valve and in the frame rail it had a black then a grey...on my 16 I have the same main valve but the smaller valve was moved farther toward the axle and the grey tank has a pipe coming down with a valve just before the main valve opening..I couldn't figure out what was what..so I just started filling tanks one at a time then opening valves and seeing when I got flow and from were lol
Old 08-29-2015, 09:27 AM   #13
Mod free 5er

I have 2 outlets on my Flagstaff like Glenn's Rockwood. I hard plumbed the rear tank into the front discharge, added a slide valve and just keep the rear tank valve open and just keep the added valve closed until I want to dump. I NEVER leave any tank open as I don't want to vent the entire campground septic/sewer system thru my camper.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #14

I've never had any problems with mine venting when I leave it during the week..but that's not to say that it will lol
Old 08-29-2015, 11:27 AM   #15
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolcamper View Post
I've never had any problems with mine venting when I leave it during the week..but that's not to say that it will lol
You may not, but you are essentially venting the cg system with your rv venting system. Think about it.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:39 PM   #16
Pump handle

Glad you figured it out

Good you figured it out I wish mine had been that simple I have a 2016 Prime Time 334 CKT they plumbed the third valve inside the belly cover where it could not be seen and it was closed. Once the tank filled up it let go had water pouring out under the trailer. I am still waiting on Prime Time to ship the new tank to the dealer for replacement it has been a month now.
jm812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:29 AM   #17

I have the same issue with my 2015 2608. It's nice to have the extra gray capacity but the set up and dumping and be a PITA as mentioned. So for one or 2 day stops I've come up with an easy solution. The 2nd gray is for the kitchen only so I save all dish water in a plastic pan and when about 1/2 full I pour it into the toilet eliminating the need to hook up or dump it this gray. I've found a few trips to the toilet is worth the hassle. Now when I'm in a location for a while I set up the 2 sewer hose setup using a Y connector. This works well for me.
robbdrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:48 AM   #18
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdrell View Post
I have the same issue with my 2015 2608. It's nice to have the extra gray capacity but the set up and dumping and be a PITA as mentioned. So for one or 2 day stops I've come up with an easy solution. The 2nd gray is for the kitchen only so I save all dish water in a plastic pan and when about 1/2 full I pour it into the toilet eliminating the need to hook up or dump it this gray. I've found a few trips to the toilet is worth the hassle. Now when I'm in a location for a while I set up the 2 sewer hose setup using a Y connector. This works well for me.
Do you disconnect the drain on the kitchen sink and drain in a bucket?
Old 08-30-2015, 09:06 AM   #19

Nope. Just try to catch all dishwater before it goes down the drain. I don't get it all but it so little I don't worry about the gallon or so that gets in. Sometimes I'll dump it somewhere but most of the time wait until I hook up both tanks.
robbdrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:30 AM   #20
Mod free 5er

I'll continue with ours that is hard plumbed into the front discharge. No hassle and easy to empty.

Tags
tank