Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #1

A little surprised at corner cutting

You folks have probably read that I am a new WILDWOOD owner.. Last week I took delivery on a 2010 WILDWOOD 22RB. Its been fun this week.. learning about my new2me camper.. and buying a few accessories.. and getting everything set up.

Don't get me wrong.. I am, so far.. very happy with my WILDWOOD.. and feel blessed to have purchased this, practically new, unit.. at a super price. I am proud of my camper and happy I made the purchase. However.. I am disappointed that FOREST RIVER cut some corners on the WILDWOOD. I guess this is their "low end" line.. but I was very surprised to find these two things missing:

1. No cable TV input on the side of the camper.. thus no cable TV outlet inside.
2. and no AC outlet on the outside of the camper. Can't easily plug in awning lights.

I can live without these two minor things.. or can improvise.. but really.. this seems so petty.

I can't imagine why they would not include a cable TV hookup. Has anyone installed there own? I really don't want to cut into the aluminum siding.. but might consider drilling a hole in the floor and run TV coax into the unit that way. Is there much to drill through? How thick is the floor on these travel trailers?
chuck9997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #2

thats weird you do not have neither a 110 oulet or the coax connection outside -

is your model the 221RB?

I dont see a 22RB model on the website - I realize that your's is a 2010 and not the latest model but
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #3

yes.. its now called 221RB.. in 2010 is was 22RB.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #4
Site Team

well, i find it hard to believe that there's no cable input, but does it have the tv antenna?
maybe a tv setup is an option on the lower end brands. still hard to believe that it's not somewhere.
mine is under a plastic flap on the outside.
are there inside tv hookups? if not, probably is an option.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck9997 View Post
You folks have probably read that I am a new WILDWOOD owner.. Last week I took delivery on a 2010 WILDWOOD 22RB. Its been fun this week.. learning about my new2me camper.. and buying a few accessories.. and getting everything set up.

Don't get me wrong.. I am, so far.. very happy with my WILDWOOD.. and feel blessed to have purchased this, practically new, unit.. at a super price. I am proud of my camper and happy I made the purchase. However.. I am disappointed that FOREST RIVER cut some corners on the WILDWOOD. I guess this is their "low end" line.. but I was very surprised to find these two things missing:

1. No cable TV input on the side of the camper.. thus no cable TV outlet inside.
2. and no AC outlet on the outside of the camper. Can't easily plug in awning lights.

I can live without these two minor things.. or can improvise.. but really.. this seems so petty.

I can't imagine why they would not include a cable TV hookup. Has anyone installed there own? I really don't want to cut into the aluminum siding.. but might consider drilling a hole in the floor and run TV coax into the unit that way. Is there much to drill through? How thick is the floor on these travel trailers?
My trailer is a 2011 Cruise Lite 20 RBXL and it's an entry level trailer too. The outside coax outlet is on the hook ups side along with the water and electric. It's small enough to miss if you didn't know it was there. I do have a double A/C outlet on the entry door side which I use to plug in the awing lights. I'm surprised that your unit doesn't have it.

I just found some pics of your unit online and I couldn't find any signs of the outside coax or A/C outlet either. There were one small square image but couldn't make it out in the pic.

http://www.rvsforless.net/2010-fores...ler-tn-i435226

Do you have the Back Pack Edition?

According to the video this one has the park cable connection - would that be the coax?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #6

They had several things that were options on the earlier years. We jusr picked up our 2012 this weekend and it had the back back option plus several of the options. The newer 2012+ models have sever things as standard now. We have the two 2012 catalogs and it is funny to see the differences for the same model year. Including the model numbers.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post

According to the video this one has the park cable connection - would that be the coax?
yes that is the coax.. I looked at this video a few times (while considering buying my 22RB). You can see the coax input on the backside of this unit.. plus.. the salesman even reads the option list, as posted inside the camper.. and it says the CABLE TV option was $43.50

The cable input is something you can easily overlook.. or think it's there when it really isn't. I just happened to run across another thread where someone mentioned the missing coax input.. and had to go outside and look. I have had smaller, cheaper campers that included the cable input.

So I don't have it.. not a huge deal.. I can make it work. I guess FR had to cut somewhere to build a less expensive camper. I too.. think they have changed the "option" list over the last 2 or 3 years.

...and yes.. mine is the back pack edition. It has plenty of options:
2 door fridge, freezer
shower surround
tankless HWH
extra skylight over shower.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
well, i find it hard to believe that there's no cable input, but does it have the tv antenna?
I didn't believe it either.. until I read someone else saying their WILDWOOD didn't have one. I have owned the camper a week.. and had to go out and look. Not there.

Yes.. it has a TV antenna with power boost.. with the proper antenna outlet inside.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #9

I am going to get some grief by saying this but, personally, I wish manufacturers put on better tires in lieu of TV coax inputs and TV's. I for one do not use the TV when we camp because we go camping to get away from it all. I can watch TV anytime I want at my house. I've spoken to other people that feel the same way. Good tires, on the other hand, is something everybody needs. So why can't manufacturers place better tires on their new units and have a "TV/cable option" package as an option for those who want it?
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #10

My DH knocked a hole in the outside of our Rockwood the first week we had it to install another outside receptacle. I was freaking out, but he did a great job and it looks as though it was done from the factory. The one we had just wasn't adequate. I'm sure this is a cost cutting measure, but FR could really include a few more.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkaccountant View Post
I am going to get some grief by saying this but, personally, I wish manufacturers put on better tires in lieu of TV coax inputs and TV's. I for one do not use the TV when we camp because we go camping to get away from it all. I can watch TV anytime I want at my house. I've spoken to other people that feel the same way. Good tires, on the other hand, is something everybody needs. So why can't manufacturers place better tires on their new units and have a "TV/cable option" package as an option for those who want it?

Like I said in another post. We do same but there are times when weather doesn't let you hang around outside. It's nice to at least have a tv on inside to watch or see the news. That and our 2yr old needs noise to fall asleep too lol

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #12
Site Team

In one of your pics you posted there looks like a small square box on the entry door side. Looks a lot like my outlet box - on your trailer what is it?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #13

I know what you are talking about.. its a little sticker of some sort. I think about chocking wheels or something. No outside AC outlet on my rig.