Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2015, 08:28 AM   #21
MCTroy

Our sales rep was Chris Baker. He was a good guy to deal with. Maybe see if he is still there.
The service was ok. Took 2 trips to fix a leaky faucet and hook up a radio antenna. They just didn't finish the job the first time. They left the tv out and the radio torn apart! It took us going down and sitting in the trailer while they worked in it to make sure it was done.
But, we have had similar problems with other dealerships and service. Arbogast did come through. We like their location too. We are a mile down the road from them so very handy to pick up anything. We hope their new expansion will resolve some of their problems.
If you like the trailer, go for it. Enjoy!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:09 PM   #22

I completely agree! He is a little pushy, but I pushed back today when I called him. I said I will go elsewhere I'd they can't hold it and it was a game changer. He said I'd have to make a 10 percent down payment and all this stuff. I then received a phone call later that day with a different salesmen saying I was approved for no down payment which was odd to say the least.. so we'll see where it goes.
Bowtieguy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:13 PM   #23

Yeah we dealt with a guy named Elliot. He was good, kinda pushy, didn't seem knowledgeable about my truck being able to handle it but of course said it would. We like it a lot but the wife wants to look elsewhere and I don't blame her. It's just nice living 15 minutes away (Bradford). And that's very odd you had to watch them fix it. I worked at troutwine auto sales in arcanum for 5 years so I know how the service department operates. Could be different with rvs I guess.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:32 PM   #24

We have a 2011 26TBSS and pull it with a Silverado 1500. Our truck has the higher towing capacity; rear end gears, 6 speed transmission, 5.3 engine, transmission cooler, etc - basically the towing package. At your truck capacity you will be close if not over. Our's (TT) was weighed recently and tipped the scales at 7,000 lbs; 6,000 lbs dry weight does not include your trailer battery, propane tanks, and personal items, and camping items, e.g. chairs, BBQ, etc. Regarding quality, we have had minor issues that I've addressed myself. You are towing a trailer over uneven surfaces and things will flex, chaulking will need to be replaced etc. Buy the Forest River extended warranty for ~ $150 USD! The 2011 had an issue with axle camber, we had both axles, springs, and rear tires replaced this summer (under the extended warranty) after the axles failed; the reason I know our scale weight. Overall very pleased with our trailer layout with the exception as noted in a previous post that the bathroom is not accessible without extending the slide.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

TV - 2013 Silverado 1500, 5.3L
TT - 2012 Wildwood 26 TBSS
mduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:56 PM   #25

Quote:
He said to get the end of month price we have to sign tomorrow and my wife won't even be able to be there.
Classic salesman pitch. Don't let him intimidate you. If he won't give you the same price tomorrow, tell him you're going somewhere else. (Unless this trailers really "The ONE!," and you can't get it anywhere else, in which you should be willing to pay more )

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:58 PM   #26

Yeah my silverado now has the economy gears, but plan to regear if it's too hateful. I'm a worry bug about that stuff and the wife just does not get it. The dry weight of this one is 5900 rounded up and we (at the moment don't plan on packing much) which I'm sure will change, we should be alright. I will be sure to weight it though dry just to see what I'm working with and go from there. The truck has the same horse and torque as my old 6.0 2500hd silverado. Obviously not the gears or suspension. We plan on staying on flat roads locally for now though so if I'm within weight I'm running it. And hey, what's warranty for! Ha
Old 08-31-2015, 10:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Classic salesman pitch. Don't let him intimidate you. If he won't give you the same price tomorrow, tell him you're going somewhere else. (Unless this trailers really "The ONE!," and you can't get it anywhere else, in which you should be willing to pay more )
Yeah, no kidding. He changed his thinking after I said I'd go elsewhere when I talked to him on the phone though! Haha
Old 09-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #28
MCTroy

Hey, Bowtie, were you out camping over the long weekend in a new camper? Just curious what you decided.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:19 PM   #29

Nope unfortunately not! It was my weekend to work anyways. But we went and checked out rv wholesale yesterday at Indian lake and it was horrible! I had no intentions of buying from them anyways, but the poor and unprofessional service, not to mention the falling apart campers jus put the nail in the coffin. Ha the wife got to see what I've been reading about though so that was good.

Today I am meeting her after she gets off work and going to arbogast at 5:30 to check out the 26tbss and we'll as 2 others that we have found and liked. The other 2 are the 281qbxl and the 262bhxl. So hopefully we decide today and pick one up this weekend!
Old 09-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #30

Well, went to Arbogast today and decided on the original camper we were looking at which is the 26tbss. We do the walk through Saturday at 11and sign if all goes well! so wish us luck!
Old 09-08-2015, 07:29 PM   #31
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Just be a ware there will be some issues with what ever camper you choose. Nothing is perfect. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:00 PM   #32

Yeah I'm expecting problems unfortunately but the service just better be there for me!
Old 09-08-2015, 08:29 PM   #33
MCTroy

Good luck! Just make sure they know you want a thorough walk through. Overall we are happy with arbogast staff and service. Happy trails ahead. Stay on the forum and if you need anything just shout out.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:29 PM   #34

Thank you mctroy and I'm sure I'll be on here all the time once we get it and I have dumb questions I cannot find out about! And that'd good to hear about there service. Honestly I don't think I've heard of any places that have superior service.... hopefully I just won't have many problems which I'm doubting! Ha. Maybe I'll see ya at some camp grounds, never know!

I will be sure to post if we follow through with it!
Old 09-19-2015, 09:07 AM   #35

We bought a 2014 26tbss new a few years ago. For the price it was okay. A few of the issues we had were: the cheap plastic window blinds are junk. The gear mechanisms break after a short time. We fought with the dealer and finally recieved replacements. Didn't like how the slide had to be opened to use the bathroom. The connections on the water pump were not tightened from the factory and we had water all over the floor the first time we used it. Bathroom is extremely small. When you are sitting on the toilet your knees are in the shower. My wife thought the bunks were coffins. They are extremely small and only the middle one has a window. This was our first camper and we thought we knew what we wanted but after using it for a year it turned out not to be. If you don't need three bunks look at the Coachmen 282bhds. Same general layout but has two double bunks. This is what we traded the Wildwood for and are extremely pleased with it.
Coachmanjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:06 PM   #36

Well unfortunately we had already purchased it.. but I will be sure to check the connections and all of that. I have noticed majority of the parts are cheap but you pay for what you get I suppose. I'm sure I'll be one ticked off consumer in my future camping days.. but thank you for your input still!!!

Tags
26tbss, forest river, wildwood