Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2021, 03:22 PM   #1

Adding a footrest

We have a 2021 Wildwood 167 RBK. Have really enjoyed the camper so far! Looking at adding an adjustable footrest to the front of the sofa. Has anyone tried this?
TeresaO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 07:15 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Something to consider when thinking about projects for smaller rigs without allot of space. Is there a way to dual purpose the project example instead of a dedicated foot rest consider one of the collapsible step stools that could be used as a foot rest and step for reaching in high places and then fold away at other times. Just a thought I had good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 07:22 AM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Something to consider when thinking about projects for smaller rigs without allot of space. Is there a way to dual purpose the project example instead of a dedicated foot rest consider one of the collapsible step stoops that could be used as a foot rest and step for reaching in high places and then fold away at other times. Just a thought I had good luck
Like SeaDog suggests…..my wife has them in the RV and at home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A74D3B63-FA6C-43C4-AF38-6252A25201B7.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	264933  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 05:42 PM   #4
et2

Adding a footrest

We too have a 167rbk but it’s a Salem version. And we have a folding stool like that. We use it for both a foot rest and a stool to help my wife climb into and out of the Murphy bed.

I have a question to ask for anybody who owns a 2021 fsx 167rbk. The underbelly panels cover between the floor beams and my question is this: are they installed from the back to the front of the trailer completely or do they stop at about the stairs? Mine only cover to about the stairs, which I think is a mistake.
Old 12-22-2021, 05:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by et2 View Post
I have a question to ask for anybody who owns a 2021 fsx 167rbk. The underbelly panels cover between the floor beams and my question is this: are they installed from the back to the front of the trailer completely or do they stop at about the stairs? Mine only cover to about the stairs, which I think is a mistake.
Evidently it's not a mistake. Guy talks about this at the 20 minute mark in this video.

661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 04:18 PM   #6

They probably only inclose it where the tanks are and leave the rest open to save a few bucks.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 01:52 PM   #7
et2

Interesting. Wonder if Josh ever talked with Salem or just making excuses for manufacturers errors. I spoke with the Salem rep and she told me that if part of the trailer has panels then the entire trailer underbelly should have panels. She told me to contact my dealer and they will correct it. So I did and dealer said bring it in before my 1 year warranty expires and they will figure it out. Being winter and trailer is in storage my first trip out in the spring will be to my dealer.
et2 is offline   Reply With Quote