Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #1

any 2012 Wildwood 28 BHXL owners?

We are new on this site but it looks like there's lots of good info here...I have a couple quirks with our new trailer...first and most simple...the TV in the master...well it is aimed too high and when you are lying in bed you can't see the tv...second...after only 250 miles...hubs are too hot for my liking...still under warranty so it is going back in...Not sure if breaks are set too high or hub nut is too tight...any other concerns?
Doobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #2

New owners of 261BHXL. Been out twice and just returned from Florida tonight, about an 8 hour drive for us. No real serious issues to report. The grey water tank seems to have a small leak and our shower head is apparently defective as it leaks at the seams. I also found that one of the gutter tracks is not sealed properly so water comes down a little sooner than supposed to. Since I may have some down time before our next trip, I'll be trying to get it in for those minor repairs.

Otherwise, we love our little trailer and LOVE camping with it!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #3

REALLY new owners here - a lightly used 2012 261BHXL - so new we won't get it until next Monday (Sep 10), after the PPI

please tell, what are you using for a Brake Controller ? have read that "Prodigy" is the way to go

relate too the "fix" for the "hot hubs" - looking forward to hear what others have to say.....Bill & Monica
Whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #4

Sorry but I can't advise on the brake controller...mine was a factory install option on my 2011Ram...enjoy your trailer though, I can tell you we are happy with ours!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #5

mute now - bought a 2012 F150 that has "sway" and "brake controller" - brought the tt home and have been doing the little things that need to be done. will put a few more miles on the Ford and then head for Inks Lake State Park (Tx) for a few days to enjoy both new "toys".....Bill
Whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #6

Congratulations. On your new "toys"!! Enjoy.