Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2020, 10:18 PM   #1

Awning and back stabilizers not working

First my awning has quit working, checked breakers and fuses all good. Got to campground and started it stabilizers down and stoed to reposition pads and they stopped working. Breakers and fuses are all good. What could cause this? Hooked up to shore power so I dont know if battery going dead would cause this or not. Scratching my head!!!
happyttowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 10:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyttowner View Post
First my awning has quit working, checked breakers and fuses all good. Got to campground and started it stabilizers down and stoed to reposition pads and they stopped working. Breakers and fuses are all good. What could cause this? Hooked up to shore power so I dont know if battery going dead would cause this or not. Scratching my head!!!

does this camper have One control? if yes, there is a fuse on the one control module that could control both the the awning and rear stabilizers.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:14 AM   #3

I believe a bad battery can cause the problems you describe so if you dont trust your battery, I'd start there. First, just remove it from they system. I'm fairly certain many 12v systems will work without a battery on shore power. If that doesnt work, with the rv battery still disconnected use jumper cables from the camper leads to your tow vehicle.

Also, I highly recommend getting a multimeter. It will help enormously when investigating electrical issues.

Hope that helps.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip12 View Post
I believe a bad battery can cause the problems you describe so if you dont trust your battery, I'd start there. First, just remove it from they system. I'm fairly certain many 12v systems will work without a battery on shore power. If that doesnt work, with the rv battery still disconnected use jumper cables from the camper leads to your tow vehicle.

Also, I highly recommend getting a multimeter. It will help enormously when investigating electrical issues.

Hope that helps.
I checked battery and had corrosion on positive side cleaned and now back stabilizers work just not awning.
happyttowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:26 PM   #5

Double check your fuses
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:30 AM   #6

If You have a remote and switches You should have two different fuse panels.
My remote fuse panel was hard to find
hidden behind a panel inside front

storage. My front landing gear quit once
and everything else worked and thats what I found wrong.
cashr60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashr60 View Post
If You have a remote and switches You should have two different fuse panels.
My remote fuse panel was hard to find
hidden behind a panel inside front

storage. My front landing gear quit once
and everything else worked and thats what I found wrong.
If you do a remote, panel could be in multiple places depending on model. Use remote and fuse box will make a clicking sound, that’s how I found mine. Check fuses in that box, if applicable.
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, stabilizer, stabilizers