Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2017, 08:20 PM   #1

Battery Disconnect 31QBTS

Hey..

I have a 2018 Wildwood 31QBTS..

I can't find the Battery Disconnect...

I had one in my previous Roo...

Cant imagine this brand new trailer not having one...

Is there a magic place where that switch would be ?

Thanks for the help

2014 Roo 233S
ParaRigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:40 PM   #2

Probably doesn't have. My 368rlbhk didn't have one. Got o e at Harbor freight and installed myself
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:42 PM   #3

where did u install it

2014 Roo 233S
ParaRigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:52 PM   #4

View this link. Mine has two batteries (residential fridge​). Simplest to mount near barrery.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d.php?t=129754
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:11 AM   #5

I have a 2016 31KQBTS so I'm guessing its very similar to yours. Mine did not have a disconnect from the factory.

I had an open hole in the frame behind the battery so I installed a similar switch as gpaw56 but I installed it on the frame rail right next to the battery. You can see it here

Since the key is loose once removed, I ran a section of stainless steel braided cable through the hole, around the frame, and then crimped the wire ends together. This way its permanently attached and cannot be lost.

I like having it right by the hitch / battery... it makes it easy to remember to remove it when I park, and install it when I pick up the camper.

Keep in mind you must have this reconnected for your emergency trailer brakes to work. (unless you install it inside the camper, then perhaps the brakes are on a separate circuit?)
mkosu04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:13 PM   #6

Battery Disconnect 31QBTS

You have to add one and or get a solar battery maintainer
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:45 AM   #7

Well? The best way is too install the disconnect/isolator hidden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaRigger View Post
where did u install it
Inside the trailer under/behind/around something. Get one with two or three "keys" so you can remove them in the off position.

The say neg. Side ? I say no, fo the positive side so the : tongue jack and stablixees won't work electrically to slow down the theifs?
If you cut the neg. Ground side: they just jump the neg terminal to the frame and EVERYTHING WORKS AGAIN!
BUT IF: YOU CUT THE POS. SIDE/ HIDDEN: they won't want to take the time/noise/damage or fire to find it and run!

A pro (or me) knows the trick. Battery drill the stablizers and jack OR use a auto dolly under the "A" frame until time and /or concealment is available to defeat the lock, chains, pins, switches etc.

Then that give time for LOJACK ( SEPARATE BATTERYS AND HIDDEN TRANSMITTERS TO ALERT LAW ENFORCEMENT To get in place to save you and the insurance company's money and stop these "people" from doing it to others!

You've. Got a main for AC hook up why not DC? THE PARASITED AND VAMPIRES CAN BE DEFEATED WITH A BATTERY BACKUP FOR THEM; AND REDUNDANT CO2 & LP dectectors!

YOU CAN ONLY SLOW THEM DOWN OR STOP THEM FOR A FEW SAWBUCKS vs THOUSANDS OF $. AND TIME TO REPLACE WHAT THEY , PLUNDER?

Don't wait til : 7005 in June, prtct yourself now. Enforcement may take as long as the USC and regulations to get funding?

Be careful and ma God bless!
androclesandrocles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:55 AM   #8

Well? The best way is too install the disconnect/isolator hidden

I'll try to get you a picture but then everyone will know where to look?

It's simple really, just don't let Forest River or ANY ONE SEE IT!

THEY WILL TRY TO : WARRANTEE YOU OUT BEFORE THE RECALLS OR THE #7005 REGULATIONS COME INTO FULL EFFECT?

LETS HOPE WE GET GRANDFATHERED IN WITH MINIMUM MODIFICATIONS AND STUPIDITY THE GOVERNMENT IS SO GOOD AT?
Old 05-03-2017, 04:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by androclesandrocles2 View Post

I'll try to get you a picture but then everyone will know where to look?

It's simple really, just don't let Forest River or ANY ONE SEE IT!

THEY WILL TRY TO : WARRANTEE YOU OUT BEFORE THE RECALLS OR THE #7005 REGULATIONS COME INTO FULL EFFECT?

LETS HOPE WE GET GRANDFATHERED IN WITH MINIMUM MODIFICATIONS AND STUPIDITY THE GOVERNMENT IS SO GOOD AT?
What in the world are you talking about??? You lost me on your last post.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
What in the world are you talking about??? You lost me on your last post.
Imagine you have: POWER TONGUE JACKS AND STABLIZERS! ALSO: AN EXPOSED BATTERY OR TWO IN YOUR "A"FRAME.
That should help?
If not imagine you're a RV thief: how would you , as a thief or vandal, steals : parked, coupler double locked (socket & ball lock handle) and waiting for : someone to NOT pull it away!

How would you do it?

Now imagine you are not: You find your battery "dead", travel trailer missing: on FIRE!

NO IMAGINE : You had a fully operational system: with a REDUNDANT & independent ON BOARD: LP ,CO2 AND SMOKE DETECTORS.

AND

YOU installed a $10-20.00 battery isolator switch!

You can hitch up and leave on your next adventure?

Or

Hooked up to your power source: Direct​ to the battery or through the entire system using the on board "trickle converter charger " with parasitic drains from the detectors, other live 12 VDC devices! You can turn the switch or just: hook up, pull up , power up, load up get in and go!

Or

Turn ON OR OFF multiple switches or a multi switch within the trailer hidden to prying eyes," with NOTHING EXTERANLY​ VISABLE!

ALL your battery can be fully charged or it one goes dead a turn o a switch restores everything as the other one (s) charge back up! Furthermore, if you TOW VEHICLE or follow vehicle needs a jump start?
THERE YOU GO!

Understand now? [emoji102]

Tags
battery, battery disconnect