Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #1

Best Camping Discount Program

So I see alot of these discount camping memberships out there. Passport, Good Sam, etc. I live in the northeast and plan to do most of my camping here. Thoughts on what the best program is? They are pretty cheap anyway, but thought I would ask to see what folks suggest. Thanks!
Bruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #2

Passport and Good Sam are good. There is also another membership campgrounds network that is called Outdoor World that has 16 sites along the east coast from Maine to Florida. Best try a resale, that the easiest way to get into a membership campgrounds. Thousand Trails is another good membership campgrounds.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #3

I used to belong to Passport. They were good for awhile,then we started ending up in some pretty seedy campgrounds,or could only stay in campgrounds Monday thru Thursday. A dollar more for this $2 more for that. So we switched to Club Camp through Caming World. No seedy camps, but not many along our travels that accept us during the summer months. I'm thinking this was a good idea that has run its course.
Sagebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #4

We have Good Sam as the place we stay at in Moab is a GS campground and for a 10 day stay the memberstip pays for itself. We did use CampClub one year and stayed at another campground in Moab and it did save us 50% for our stay but we would not stay at that CG again so we dropped it. Many of the CampClub campgrounds also charge fees for this that and the other thing until you are paying nearly full price. Many of their participants also have restrictions against weekends.

Membership campgrounds (Thousand Trails, etc.) have their place and may be great for those that are full timing but they aren't for everyone and you really must decide if there if value in the buy in fees and yearly membership fees. We tend to camp where many of these type of campgrounds don't exist (near our favorite Jeep trails or on a good bass lake) and therefore they do not make fiscal sense for us.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood