Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2018, 09:13 AM   #1

Black tank back flush

Anyone know if the 2018 Wildwood 263 has a back flush for the black tank? Manual doesn’t say but there is a sticker above the server connections that says “black tank flush”. All I see if the lever to release the black tank. I want to flush the tank with fresh water.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1531145543.773869.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	327.6 KB
ID:	178811
Old 07-09-2018, 09:33 AM   #2

I have the 300bh and my black tank flush is on the opposite side of the trailer from the valves. It is right under where my outdoor tv mounts. Don't know if this will help you or not.
JohnT00845494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:38 AM   #3

I’ve looked on the other side and I don’t have anything there. Thanks though.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:40 AM   #4

Grapelape.....
I'm sorry I do not know your rig.... But with that much sticker information posted it is quite likely that there is a black tank flush inlet on your rig.

Look for a hose connection marked 'tank flush'.... you may have a 'city water connection' ...sometimes they are close to that. (they look alike)

If there is no connection perhaps the posted information is just warning the owner if they use a "back flush connection" at the sewer termination valve.

This also could back fill the tank, if there was a valve closed down stream, and possibly cause some problems if it was not watched closely.

A back flush fitting is an attachment to the sewer outlet, usually an elbow, that has a hose attachment fitted with an anti-backflow valve.

Hope this helps

Islander
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back,
Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Bilstein Shocks
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:44 AM   #5

I don’t have anything like that next to the city water inlet. I suppose I can always hold the toilet flush down for 10 minutes or so and let it flush right out the sewer hose.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #6

I'll bet that flush fitting is hidden well under the trailer in the area below the sticker and you may have to look extra hard to find it. Get on your back with a flashlight. If you find it under there you may want to put a hose extension on it so it is easier to get to when you need it.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapelape View Post
I don’t have anything like that next to the city water inlet. I suppose I can always hold the toilet flush down for 10 minutes or so and let it flush right out the sewer hose.

if you find that it was not installed, you can install an aftermarket flush unit called "Quickie Flush", ... works very well and is easy to install, ... just put it on the opposite side from the black tank drain, FR installs their flush units just above the drain hole, ... you don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand how that is counter productive, ... I'm sure its cheaper to put it there than to run over to the other side of the tank, and they can honestly say that "you do have one" ... link below is Walmart, right now Amazon is matching their price, ...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Qui...enter/29764338

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:23 AM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Anyone know if the 2018 Wildwood 263 has a back flush for the black tank? Manual doesn’t say but there is a sticker above the server connections that says “black tank flush”. All I see if the lever to release the black tank. I want to flush the tank with fresh water.Attachment 178811
You'd think with that verbiage on the side of the unit there would be one.
What did your dealer tell you during the PDI/Customer Orientation?

If you want to flush, you could always take a hose inside and flush through the toilet.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:08 PM   #9

looks like the lables were not cut or separated before installing.
n0ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:11 PM   #10

Black tank flush

I just watched a walk around of your model on Youtube. They show the black tank flush to be below the awning rod next to the door of all places.. Maybe it's not marked on your unit?

here is the link..
mgarland48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:27 PM   #11

Quote:
I cut a piece of 2 inch PVC pipe to about 2 ft long and I stick that down in the open toilet to hold the valve open and fill the tank while I and packing up to leave.

Word of caution:. if you are hooked to city water at the time your tank will fill way faster than you expect it to. My floors were never mopped so thoroughly before (or since).

Becky

2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 254DSX
2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 6.2L
BeckyMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:34 AM   #12

Quote:
So my old trailer didn't have a black tank flush and with the new TH sometimes I am just too lazy to bother.

Try this.

Dump the black. Then lift the middle of the sewer hose above the level of the tank. Then open the gray water valve. Half of the grey will wash back in the the black tank. Then close the grey valve and lower the hose and let the black drain.

Then lift the hose, open the grey and again half the remaining grey will back flush the black tank. Close grey, lower the hose and drain the black again. Repeat until you are happy with the clarity of the draining water is acceptable.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarland48 View Post
I just watched a walk around of your model on Youtube. They show the black tank flush to be below the awning rod next to the door of all places.. Maybe it's not marked on your unit?

here is the link..

Thanks for the video. This is a 2016. Mine is a 2018. I watched the video of my walk through and the rep never said anything about a flush and I don’t see one in the video. We just got back from a 9 day stay in our camper and I don’t remember seeing one in that location but I’ll check when I get to the camper this weekend.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
So my old trailer didn't have a black tank flush and with the new TH sometimes I am just too lazy to bother.

Try this.

Dump the black. Then lift the middle of the sewer hose above the level of the tank. Then open the gray water valve. Half of the grey will wash back in the the black tank. Then close the grey valve and lower the hose and let the black drain.

Then lift the hose, open the grey and again half the remaining grey will back flush the black tank. Close grey, lower the hose and drain the black again. Repeat until you are happy with the clarity of the draining water is acceptable.

I may give that a try. Thanks.

Tags
black, black tank, flush, tank