Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #1

Brought home my new 2011 26TBSS today!!!

Just took home my new 2011 26TBSS and can not wait to use it. I towed it with my 2005 Ford F150 and it was a treat to tow, no problems. I know I should have asked the dealer this, but where on the water heater does it say if it is the Electric/Gas DSI water heater or just gas? I believe it is the 26TBSS LE, it has 15,000 BTU air and Suburban furnace, outside shower, 4 stabilizer jacks, cable hookup and rear cargo carrier. And speaking of cable, can I use my satilite dish and run it to the cable jack? Lastly, this is a great forum!!! Look forward to reading evrything!!!
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilcin View Post
Just took home my new 2011 26TBSS and can not wait to use it. I towed it with my 2005 Ford F150 and it was a treat to tow, no problems. I know I should have asked the dealer this, but where on the water heater does it say if it is the Electric/Gas DSI water heater or just gas? I believe it is the 26TBSS LE, it has 15,000 BTU air and Suburban furnace, outside shower, 4 stabilizer jacks, cable hookup and rear cargo carrier. And speaking of cable, can I use my satilite dish and run it to the cable jack? Lastly, this is a great forum!!! Look forward to reading evrything!!!

Congrats on the new TT
On your hot water heater issue. Is there a dual switch for it with a red light in the middle? Or is it just a single switch with a red light? If single, look in your power center for a breaker labeled "WH" or "Water Heater". If there is one, then it's electric and gas. Most new TT's are both.

No, you can't run your sat thru the cable connection. The sat system requires a direct cable to the reciever. The cable runs thru the antenna booster which prevents the satellite receiver from recieving voltage signals from the satellite which controls your programming package.

On my old 2009 Wildwood 27 RLSS, I just ran a cable direct from the dish thru the lower corner of the slide and directly to the receiver.

Good luck and Happy Camping
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #3

RRacer5,

Thanks for the reply!!! So now the satilite issue makes scense!! I will look on the breaker panel for a breaker for the hotwater heater. Again, Thank You!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
The Old Man

You can also look inside the wh compartment. If it has electric (most probable) there will be a switch on the lower left that you can turn on to heat the water in electric mode. (Make sure there is water in the tank first!) The switch may have a small cotter pin in it...you can pull that out easily. Personally, I toss the pin and never worry about it again, but some people like to use the pin as a reminder to themselves that the switch is off during the off-season or while traveling.

BTW, you can run both at the same time. I usually keep mine on electric and have installed my own on/off switch inside below the sink. Then, when I need more hot water (like for a shower) I turn on the gas too. On my rig the switch for the gas mode is on the main control panel.

Still to go: AK, NL, NT, NU, YT
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #5

Congrats on a great unit! My wife and I have that same model for about 6 months and love it!

We pulled ours home with a F350 diesel and I tell you that trailer is heavier than it looks. It is a hand full. Not sure why.... We are off on a week trip starting tomorrow headed to Galveston. About 5hrs from home. So we will see how she does.

The water heater is dual. There is a breaker inside the panel ours is the bottom. Also open the door out side there is a rocker switch for on/off. Inside where the slide out switch is there is the switch for gas. Just turn off the bottom breaker and switch on the gas... Ours has both cable and satellite hookups. Never used them though....

Have fun and enjoy!

Daniel
firedaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #6

It is a nice trailer. I am pulling it with a 2005 Ford F150 that has the tow package. I will look for the gas switch next to the slide, I don't remember seeing one, however, there is a black switch located outside that is connected to the water heater, was told this was for "auto relight" and it is a slider switch. Slide it to one side for on the other side for off. The switch is on the lower feft side of the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0430114822.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	6166   Click image for larger version

Name:	0507112954 (1).jpg
Views:	220
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	6167  

Tags