Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2015, 07:20 AM   #1

Buldges on the side of my 27RKSS

Wednesday we gave our camper it's first bath and as we washed the sides I noticed a major buldge on both sides of my camper. Up towards on the top. On the passenger side it looks like it goes from speaker to speaker. On the driver side it looks like its in the same spot as the pass side. My dad looked at it with me and he thinks that the main supports are giving out. I am going to call my dealer today and talk to them.

Has anyone ever had this? My dad thinks it's going to be too major of a job to fix and that they will probably have to take my camper back and give me a new one....
Old 08-07-2015, 09:49 AM   #2

I have this weird feeling that once I take it in I probably wont see my camper again for the rest of the year!! I keep reading nightmares about slow warranty work, and I just called to make an appointment to take it in and I got told that someone should call me by tomorrow to set up my appointment..... So I am waiting to make an appointment to wait to take it in to wait for warranty work.............

I guess it was fun having a camper..... while it lasted!!!
Old 08-07-2015, 10:30 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
I have this weird feeling that once I take it in I probably wont see my camper again for the rest of the year!! I keep reading nightmares about slow warranty work, and I just called to make an appointment to take it in and I got told that someone should call me by tomorrow to set up my appointment..... So I am waiting to make an appointment to wait to take it in to wait for warranty work.............

I guess it was fun having a camper..... while it lasted!!!
My Wildcat has a bulge on one side with a crack by the corner of the slide and the other side has a crack in the back side of the slide. Wildcat agreed to take it back to the factory in October and have it back to me in November. Have you dealer document it with pics and summit it to the factory. Good luck!
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #4

I talked to the scheduling manager just a little bit ago and she has me scheduled to drop it off on the 22nd. She told me to get up on the roof to make sure that there is no tears in the roof that need immediate work, and if not to just bring it in on the 22nd. Kinda sux, but I told her I just really want it back by the beginning of October. We will see.....
Old 08-08-2015, 05:29 PM   #5

My 5er had a crack on one side and a bulge on the other. Ends up they missed welds on the body frame and had to send it back to the factory. They pulled every wall off and rewelded the whole frame. They picked it up in early January I got it back in early march. Make them replace your tires for wear and tear driving it to the factory and back.
j free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:04 AM   #6

I guess it is possible it was that way when you bought it ???
It is not talked about much but,,, buyers must stand @ one end and sight down both sides before signing off !!! Many of these bulges are not noticeable from looking straight on !!!!
GOOD LUCK Rusty !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:34 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I guess it is possible it was that way when you bought it ???
It is not talked about much but,,, buyers must stand @ one end and sight down both sides before signing off !!! Many of these bulges are not noticeable from looking straight on !!!!
GOOD LUCK Rusty !!!
The cracks and bulges came after use. I found mine after rolling down the road a few miles. It's not an over sight at the dealer.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:20 AM   #8

Cracks and bulges in the siding of all fifth wheels and travel trailers is becoming increasingly worse year after year. Like others have noted, take pictures and call dealer immediately and discuss how and when repairs are going to take place.

I would advise spending a few minutes every week looking over the outside of trailer especially around windows, doors, outlets, slides and toppers as for some reason these areas are showing bubbles in the fiberglass that need to be fixed sooner than later.

If ignored then the issue will become progressively worse ultimately destroying your fifth wheel and travel trailer leaving no re-sale or trade in value.

I'm on my 2nd trailer with delamination siding issues so take my word and document everything including pictures and send to dealer.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote