Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2022, 03:41 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3
Dinette Conversion for 2021 Wildwood FSX 179DBKX

Bought new in March 2022. We were told to put the dinette down for travel, but we didn't when we took delivery. Went to put it down on our first trip and the table doesn't fit in the space between the benches. There is no lip, or 1 inch slats for the table to sit on. The table is rectangle and the long way sits on the benches by a couple inches on each side, making it unstable and unusable for a bed. It falls through to the floor if you put it the short way, by a couple inches. My dealer has no idea what's wrong and I can't find a video or manual anywhere that shows a picture of how it's actually supposed to be seated. I am worried they didn't put the slats in place AND they gave us the wrong size table, but without some pictures, I have no idea! We have been putting the table on the double bunk for travel so it doesn't bounce around the cabin.

Can anyone help?
lacotomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 04:22 PM   #2
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 29,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacotomo View Post
Bought new in March 2022. We were told to put the dinette down for travel, but we didn't when we took delivery. Went to put it down on our first trip and the table doesn't fit in the space between the benches. There is no lip, or 1 inch slats for the table to sit on. The table is rectangle and the long way sits on the benches by a couple inches on each side, making it unstable and unusable for a bed. It falls through to the floor if you put it the short way, by a couple inches. My dealer has no idea what's wrong and I can't find a video or manual anywhere that shows a picture of how it's actually supposed to be seated. I am worried they didn't put the slats in place AND they gave us the wrong size table, but without some pictures, I have no idea! We have been putting the table on the double bunk for travel so it doesn't bounce around the cabin.

Can anyone help?
Moved thread from the General Community Discussion section to the Wildwood sub-forum since the OP is asking for model-specific information.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 04:36 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Central coast Calif.
Posts: 382
I’ve never heard of putting table down for travel. Sure does sound like they installed the wrong table. Have the dealer cut it to size and edge it with the EXACT same edging.
__________________
Cross-threading works better than blue loctite.
Capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 04:38 PM   #4
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 29,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacitor View Post
Iíve never heard of putting table down for travel. Sure does sound like they installed the wrong table. Have the dealer cut it to size and edge it with the EXACT same edging.
Many RVs have a dinette table that you put down for travel. It's very common in TTs because the dinette turns into a bed. Do you have the trailer that the OP has?
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 04:56 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 6,181
That's very strange. Doesn't that table sit on a leg? I've never heard of having to put the table down during travel. It kind of makes stopping on the side of the road for lunch awkward.

If you take a look at the pictures on the FR website, it shows the table extending over the cushions of the dinette. It looks like they shipped the wrong table with your rig. https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/trave...sx/179DBK/4250
It's possible that with the supply shortage they didn't have the right table, but it's also possible that something happened to the original table and the dealer put in a replacement. Perhaps the unit was kept on the lot as a demo?
__________________
2015 Dynamax REV 24TB class C
Reverse_snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 04:57 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Central coast Calif.
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Many RVs have a dinette table that you put down for travel. It's very common in TTs because the dinette turns into a bed. Do you have the trailer that the OP has?
Not sure what that has to due with the cost of beans in China but most dinettes fold down. The problem is, his doesnít.
Capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 05:49 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3
So the table has two poles and they suggest putting into the bed position for travel so 1) the poles don't warp being bounced around and get loose, and 2) the table usually holds the bench tops snug in place so they don't bounce around either.

My fear is that they didn't put the right table in, AND the manufacturer forgot the 1x1 bevels that hold most tables snug/flat.
lacotomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 06:22 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Central coast Calif.
Posts: 382
There should be a cleat on both benches. Is this still under warranty?
__________________
Cross-threading works better than blue loctite.
Capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 06:24 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3
Yes under warranty but no cleats. I think new table and cleats are probably needed. Dealer has had it for 4 weeks and hasn't figured it out yet....
lacotomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 07:15 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Central coast Calif.
Posts: 382
The cleats are easy, the table not so easy. 4 weeks at the dealer with no plan must be frustrating. Someone here probably has a way to contact the manufacturer directly and have them deal with the dealership. I hope you get it resolved.
__________________
Cross-threading works better than blue loctite.
Capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 12:14 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 6,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacotomo View Post
So the table has two poles and they suggest putting into the bed position for travel so 1) the poles don't warp being bounced around and get loose, and 2) the table usually holds the bench tops snug in place so they don't bounce around either.

My fear is that they didn't put the right table in, AND the manufacturer forgot the 1x1 bevels that hold most tables snug/flat.
Seriously? Poles warping and tables holding the bench tops snug? Is that in the literature or a salesman's pitch? Our trailer had a bench and the chances of a table falling off onto the floor when loose was much higher than poles warping.

You may be able to call the FR parts department and see what the replacement table would be for that rig. They probably have the measurements. It does sound like you've got the wrong table because you should be able to use it to make the dinette into a bed. These tables all sit on the same base, so it's highly likely that it was shipped incorrectly or got switched at the dealer.
__________________
2015 Dynamax REV 24TB class C
Reverse_snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2021, dinette, wildwood

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.