Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #1

Does anyone have a 27RKSS?

We bought a 27RKSS at an RV show in the fall and are anxiuosly waiting for delivery sometime in April.

Does any one have a 27RKSS? Any comments regarding it?

What do you tow it with?
Snardar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #2

I have a Wildwood 2012 27rkss I told with a 2012 2500 Silverado with 4:10 gears I have had some problems with the trailer the main issue today is the axles heavy tire wear on the inside Lugnuts Torqued to spec air pressure to spec and 50 pounds waiting to hear from the dealer what forest River is going to do with the axles please have your dealer check the axles I also have had some minor water leaks which were easily corrected One of the main things I did was the wood underneath the dinette seats were very cheap and then I replaced with quarter inch plywood to make it more stable I hope this information has helped you the trailer is great though maintenance is very important Whether it is new or used make sure you have your roof checked every season
diceman66154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #3

We've had it our several times this spring and summer and haven't had any of the problems that you've mentioned but will keep an eye out for them. We did have a problem with the electrics. We bought it with everything power - stablizers, awning, tongue jack. By the time we put the stablizers down, the slide and the awning out, there wasn't enough power in the battery to bring them back in. And they didn't seem to be connected to shore power nor did the battery seem to recharging from shore power. Took it back to the dealer who replaced a circuit breaker that wasn't resetting. Seems to be somewhat better now.
We tow it with a 2013 F150, 6.2 litre V8 with 11,300lb towing capacity and it seems to follow along quite nicely.
Snardar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #4

Question

Very cool!

Just wondering, why will it take so long?
Old 09-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #5

We got ours August 1, but couldn't take it out because of the hot weather. First trip was last weekend. Everything worked great. We also have the all power thing with the remote. Everything works and no problems. Check our signature for the TV info.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #6

I bought my Wildwood 27RKSS in February 2012. I have pulled it about 2000 miles. We love the layout. It is perfect for our lifestyle. NOW THE BAD NEWS !!!!! After coming home from our last trip I checked the tires and all 4 of them were wore out on both edges. The tread was still OK on the center of the tires. I started looking at the specs on everything and found out that if you take a new unit and fill all tanks up you are already 250 pounds overweight. The tires and wheels are only designed to carry about 1800# each. The axles are rated at 3500# each. That is 7000# and it is total insanity to put that kind of equipment under a unit that already weighs 6400# empty. I installed 5 new tires yesterday at a cost of around 550 dollars that are rated at 2800# per tire. NOW FOR THE REALLY BAD NEWS. While I had the tires off I looked under the camper and both axles are bowed up in the middle. I then took a framing square and checked and found that all four wheels are tipped out at the bottom. I live 70 miles from my dealer. You can imagine what my 550 dollars worth of tires will look like by the time I get there. PLEASE LISTEN TO ME !! Before you buy a camper check the weight specs. I pray that this post will save some of you the heartache that we are experiencing.
gunrunnertoo is offline   Reply With Quote