Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2019, 03:31 PM   #1

Electric brakes not engaging

I have read some topics regarding this but my tt still not functioning... I adjusted the brakes manually and then I set my tekonsha controller at 6.0 as stated on the manual but even when I'm going 10mph and apply the manual override on the controller I feel they work but won't stop completely... I set it up to the highest and it won't even lock up my trailer. I've been told to lock it up then lower down from there but I can't even get it to lock up at the highest setting... Is my tow vehicle not sending the correct voltage? Thanks for any input
robledjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:37 AM   #2
Site Team

Help us by letting us know which RV you have. Also which TV and brake controller you have.

Having said that, if you haven't pulled the hubs and inspected the brakes to see if they have grease on them, I suggest you do so.

If they don't have any grease on them go through all the connections between the truck and brake magnets and check them. I'd just remake them even if they looked good. Don't forget the ones in the junction box. Then check and clean the 7-way connector on the truck and RV.

Tags
brakes, electric