Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2014, 11:34 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammadawn1 View Post
I am pushing the button in to turn it to pilot but not while I am in there trying to light it. We are on the road, so I think I will wash dishes in cold water until I get back to S Cal and have a pro look at it. This was very weird, it was working fine then it wasn't. Thanks
Probably a wise decision, good luck and happy camping.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #62

You hqve to push the pilot button down while lighting the pilot on hot water heater. I have to push and hold for about 1 minute before the pilot lights then after it lights continue pushing the button for 1 minute then turn to on. You should hear and see the hot water heater fire up.
2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #63

I do not have a pilot button. There is a switch in the trailer but nothing that I can turn in the water heater.
mammadawn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #64

Check the model number on the sticker inside the water heater door. My 2013 came with a Suburban SW6DE, which is the 6 gallon direct spark ignition with the electric heat option.

The switch inside the camper controls the gas burner and the it will light automatically as it needs to. If yours has the electric option, that switch will be inside the water heater door on the lower left hand side. Both electric and gas can be used at the same time.

Make sure the heater is filled with water BEFORE turning on the electric heater. It can burn out the element in seconds if there is no water in it.

One thing I do if we haven't used the camper in a while is to open the propane tank valves, and then manually light a stove burner with a lighter. Sometimes I have to wait almost 30 seconds or so before the burner lights. Once I get the first one, I light the other two. As soon as I see all three burning good I shut them off. At this point I know I have a good gas supply to the stove so now the water heater and fridge won't take long to light at all.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #65

I do have the electric switch inside. There is no gas going to the water heater at all even though I have gas at the stovetop. When I turn on the switch it clicks like it is trying to light it but nothing happens.
mammadawn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammadawn1 View Post
I do have the electric switch inside. There is no gas going to the water heater at all even though I have gas at the stovetop. When I turn on the switch it clicks like it is trying to light it but nothing happens.
Run a flexible rod through your burner tube. Mud daubers and spiders are bad about building nests there which make it burn poorly or not at all. If that checks out you might want to pull the slotted access panel beneath your stove and see if there is a cutoff valve that is closed at the back of the heater.

If your stove is running good, then the heater should light within 5 seconds.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #67

26tbss 2014 model. Has anyone upgraded there shower head?
jaba1974 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26tbss