Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2019, 11:11 PM   #1

Furrion Am/Fm radio

I'm not young nor a tech giant. But I'm a MEP contractor long since retired and I'd have thought that operating a simple AM/FM Furrion Radio would be a snap.

All of my vehicles had AM/FM radios and I never had any problem with any of them.

This thing won't pick up any AM stations, isn't loud enough, outside and inside speakers are linked and I have no idea how to stop the outside speakers from working or to have only them work if needed.

Even Furrion can't help.

Any of you have a radio that works really well and is not Furrion junk?

I'm just going to have to go to a Boom Box!!!!!!!!!!!! if I can't get something that is simple and works 'every time'

Doc
DocHaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:31 AM   #2

I had issues with mine and after hours of tracking down wires to make sure all were connected , my son asked me if I tried to just RESET the radio. RESET? So he looked up how to do a reset and it was as simple as holding the power button in for a few seconds. All my speakers came back to life and the A / B buttons worked again for inside and outside speakers.
Bersa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
DaveAlb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bersa45 View Post
I had issues with mine and after hours of tracking down wires to make sure all were connected , my son asked me if I tried to just RESET the radio. RESET? So he looked up how to do a reset and it was as simple as holding the power button in for a few seconds. All my speakers came back to life and the A / B buttons worked again for inside and outside speakers.

Cheap fix...awesome!
DaveAlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:05 PM   #4

Mine was a bad install/product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAlb View Post
Cheap fix...awesome!

Tried it all.

In the end the actual radio female plug for the antenna was bad.
You could put in the male end of the antenna (the one coming from some outside place) and slowly wiggle it around and you'd find a place where the sound was great.
Just could not keep it in that place.

Was told by dealer there was no warranty on the radio, replace it. And the SOB offered to sell me another Furrion!

I'm staying with the Bose I bought to remedy this issue. It's sound is just great. I put it in the kitchen window facing out if I want it outside while at the camp fire.

CYa
Doc
Old 01-21-2020, 05:39 PM   #5
Trailer Park Supervisor

The Furrion I have is garbage, doesn't even output stereo. If you have one like my original DV7100, you had to use the balance control to switch from inside speakers to outside speaker. Yes speaker. They only mounted one! Probably because they realized, why bother, the Furrion isn't even stereo!
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:46 PM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHaley View Post
Tried it all.

In the end the actual radio female plug for the antenna was bad.
You could put in the male end of the antenna (the one coming from some outside place) and slowly wiggle it around and you'd find a place where the sound was great.
Just could not keep it in that place.

Was told by dealer there was no warranty on the radio, replace it. And the SOB offered to sell me another Furrion!

I'm staying with the Bose I bought to remedy this issue. It's sound is just great. I put it in the kitchen window facing out if I want it outside while at the camp fire.

CYa
Doc
Not that it matters now but your dealer gave you bad information saying the radio isn't covered under warranty. That is simply incorrect.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:59 PM   #7

The Furrion AM/FM would not receive anything in my TT.
I removed the radio and noticed the antenna jack on the back was plugged into a coax adaptor.
I got rid of that and installed an automotive style spring base antenna on the roof just above the radio.
It works perfect now.
Old 01-21-2020, 07:39 PM   #8

I agree but arguing with them???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Not that it matters now but your dealer gave you bad information saying the radio isn't covered under warranty. That is simply incorrect.

I agree but arguing with them is a waste of time. I told them I'd bring it in and let them test it out and hook it up and so on but they said no. No warranty. The travel trailer was a year old.

The Bose sounds so nice.

FunTownRV is really not a top shelf dealer. They actually lied to me at closing and told me I could not get the previous owners address or contact info because it was illegal in Texas. Later to find out this is not true.

Must have been something up with a unit sold and returned within a year and then sold to me with a radio problem, water heater problem, roof leak, wall issue in shower that is confusing to understand and others items.

But I like Forest River products.

I will not return to such a sham group like FunTownRV ever again. The owner of the Dallas one was claiming he'd own all of them in Texas soon.

So be careful to remember that if the same person owns all of them, then the same shoddy service I have had from the Dallas outlet will no doubt run through the other outlets.

I'll ask Forest River who to buy from next time.

Cya
Doc
Old 01-21-2020, 08:15 PM   #9

I saw a TH in FunTown RV Cleburne and I am dealing with them.

Doc, Did you purchased there? I see there is one in Dallas, one in Denton.

Thanks
vdelgadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:08 AM   #10

There are so many others to choose from first.

I can only tell you that yes I bought from the Dallas FunTownRV outlet. There are nearly 11 in Texas/Oklahoma.

I don't know if the Dallas one owns any/many of the others but it was told to me that they'd soon own all of them by that outlets son who was the one that lied to me at closing, so the problem may be throughout all of them if not now, then sooner or later.

I'm going direct to Forest River next time and am going to ask for a referral for the dealership I buy from. Someone with in house rave reviews. That way I have FR in the loop if the dealer does not do the right thing.

Just out right lying is not the way to start off with a new customer. And, that's exactly what they did. Just out right lied.

A one year TT is not expected to have these issues and certainly not hidden from the buyer.

It's not a bank breaker it's just a real hassle to look back and see the mistake I made trusting them.

Live and learn, share the experience with others.

The last 4 days has shown me why the dealer or mfg poorly applied silicone to all vertical and horizontal seams in the shower area. I have what appears as a small drip leak in the shower ceiling. Someone put a very small hole in it, much like an ice pick would make, and it drips out of it slowly. I'll be up on the roof as soon as it stops raining here in the north Texas area and see what's up.

Really really sad to be this poor of a dealer in my opinion.

Doc
Old 01-22-2020, 03:10 AM   #11

Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post

Yes, this dealer, FunTownRV did indeed give me many many many bits of misinformation, lies are what I call them.

Buyer beware of this outlet or for that matter all FunTownRV outlets.

They cannot at this point be trusted.

CYa
Doc
Old 01-30-2020, 08:34 PM   #12

I bought the TH at FunTown RV Cleburne

I have to say it, it was very easy to buy it.

No pressure... well i was already sold before getting there.
No "obligation" to purchase gap, extended service, etc.

Got a free Husky hitch weight dist - sway bar

I asked and they told me that it is indeed 1 owner of all the FunTown RVs dealers, they talked highly of the owner.

They took their time to explain what is under "limited" warranty and what is not.

I am from 350 miles away and I hope (knock on wood) that i will never have to go back to do a "claim" maybe to do an upgrade but so far I am really pleased with what I bought, just enough for the wife and the toys (motorcycles).

I only connected the bluetooth, worked and play some music.

Hope you can fix your issues soon Doc.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:14 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHaley View Post

FunTownRV is really not a top shelf dealer. They actually lied to me at closing and told me I could not get the previous owners address or contact info because it was illegal in Texas. Later to find out this is not true.
If you bought a used unit, even if it's a year old, there is no factory warranty. The one year factory warranty is ONLY good for the original owner and NOT transferable.
So unless FunTown offered their own warranty, they were correct that the radio wasn't under warranty.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:18 PM   #14

You can download owner's manuals from Furrion for specific radios. I did. Mine locked out all its front controls, I did a master reset to clear that. Later it wouldn't power on. I fought with the on/off push button, got it jammed in. Removed the front bezel/panel, freed up the on/off with needle nose pliers, & it operated correctly. Reinstalled the bezel, still working. Antenna connections suck. It is tapped off the TV antenna, usually needing the booster on for good reception. Tried adding a stand alone radio antenna but it was a poor designed one. I be revisiting that this summer. Mine has separate "zone" buttons for speakers. I do like the USB input.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio