Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2017, 01:57 PM   #1

Heritage Glen 272RL - Any Reviews?

New to this forum and travel trailers, but considering buying a 272RL soon. Seems the best floor plan for our needs.
1) Hoping for reliable reviews from folks with real-world experience with this model and with FR support/service.
2) Living in VA now but moving to FL later this year. Concerned about buying from a dealer that will no longer be nearby; do most dealers treat warranty and then post-warranty customers the same whether or not you purchased there?
3) Is the HG a mid-range or higher quality model? I'm sorta handy but I'd rather pay more for a model/brand that's going to hold up than one that requires frequent repairs.
Thanks in advance for any advice for a newbie!
lakeview105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:55 PM   #2
Tom

I own a Hemisphere which is the same thing as the HG. As far as FR TT's go I would consider it towards the higher end.
Seachaser186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:22 AM   #3

Love my 2015 272RLIS Hemi. Have lived full time in it since July, thru this winter in central Jersey. Couldn't be happier. Never had to take back for any warrant work. Would recommend to anyone. Over the past 30 years, having owned 6 other brand TT and 5ers, I also would say the Hemi Lite/Heritage Glen come in toward the higher end: signhavefun:
2021 Sabre 37FBT
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:50 AM   #4

Thanks so much for the feedback! Have been getting great reviews, and as a newbie I really appreciate this forum and the camper community. Hope to join in from the road soon.
Carol
lakeview105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:23 PM   #5

Picking ours up this weekend! Wife is pretty excited. We found this floorplan in several manufacturers. Grand design, Jayco, Forest River. All have several different lines with the same floor plan. Just different "grades" of TT. My favorite is the Forest River Wildcat Max. Loved the front cap than enclosed the batteries and gas tanks. Loved the larger windows in the living area. Loved the finer furnishings. Would have bought one except the weight was about 1.5K more empty than the Heritage Glen. So that's what we bought. Can't wait to take it for it's first run. We've got a 1K mile trip planned to the coast.
Nogrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:45 PM   #6

272RL Issues

I have the 2017 HG 272RL. Have only owned it a few weeks however, I can list already the issues Im having with it. Wow, what a company. Forest River needs to step up their QA program. I know I know, I should looked harder when I purchased it. Sorry, I will know better next time. Oh wait there will be no "Next Time". I have the rear kitchen area, thats with the small frig and prep area. Well the storage door is help up (When open) by a clasp. The door is so big that a small wind came thru and pulled the clasp out. On the third time I had to use longer screws to keep it secure. When i did that I ended up going thru the inner wall of the camper. So I took some scrape wood and used it as a backer board to give the screws something to grab onto.
So now I move on to the other issue. The awning, its the non motorised side. which would be above the rear kitchen door. After watching is close a few times I noticed that this side did not close all the way. I mean like the motorized side. I did an inspection of the parts and none look bent or misaligned.

There are at least 3 more issues that where wrong that I have fixed. But they were minor in detail.

Bottom line, I will continue to fix the problems as they come up and warranty the ones I cant.
I will get off my soap box now. Thanks for listening.
Kksejwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:30 PM   #7
Ric D

This the nature of the beast. No matter what you buy you will all ways be fixing something
davisric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisric View Post
This the nature of the beast. No matter what you buy you will all ways be fixing something
I guess that is somewhat true, as in owning a home. But a brand new TT? I traded a Forest River Rockwood Mini-lite that I had owned for 6 months for the Heritage Glen. The Mini-Lite had zero problems. My new HG has a bad water heater, a bad refrigerator, a terrible sound system, electrical problems and issues with fit and finish to no end. I'm sorry, but Forest River has failed us. Sending this kind of crap out the door is not good business. To add insult to injury, their product support sucks.
Nogrey is offline   Reply With Quote