Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2017, 08:23 PM   #1

Heritage Glen 272RL issues and questions

Hey folks! Hope you are all well. The wife and I took delivery on our 272RL early this spring and we've had a few issues. Probably wouldn't seem so bad except the dealer and manufacturer seem to have forgotten their warranty promises. Anyway. Problem 1 is the rear camera feature. It is "camera ready" but doesn't have 12 volts at the plug so camera doesn't work. Dealer says "The rear lights light so it's fine". 2nd, getting a DSI FLT after running the heater for nearly a week. Now, I have real guages on my tanks and they are 3/4 full, stove runs fine, as does the refrigerator burner. I read on this forum to try re-starting it several times from the switch but it never lights back up. One forum member suggested removing the cover and watching/listening for the burner. I hear the "tick-tick-tick" of the ignition, and then get a suddent "WHOOSH" then flame out, DSI FLT. My mustache is still recovering from that episode. It was plugged in to park electricity at the time but honestly don't know if the electric switch was on as I never turned it on or even knew it was there (if it is there. Can't look now as trailer is in storage). Question there is: What could be wrong? Acts like no constant gas supply, and as I said, had been running for a week when this happened.
3rd: The furrion sound system sounds horrible at any level that you can actually hear it. DVD's sound horrible (pops and scratchy sounds) during playback. Dealer says "sounded great to us!" I'm really pissed about the lousy warranty service. They had it 2 weeks last time and did absolutely nothing.
4th: Bathroom door is sprung. It's very hard to get latched and springs open during transit.
5th: Trim on the outside that covers the flimsy aluminum wheel covers is coming away in several spots. Looks terrible.
6th: Poor refrigerator performance. I've read a lot about the noisy fan and realize that they'll do nothing about it so am in the process of getting additional fans to put in there.
Any observations on the water heater? Refrigerator? Low voltage at the camera outlet? That one really pisses me off. Getting the dealer to honor the warranty?
Appreciate the help.
Nogrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:08 AM   #2

I could be wrong but the camera should not have power until the vehicle is put into reverse. Was it hooked to your truck when you checked it for power?
bwalburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalburn View Post
I could be wrong but the camera should not have power until the vehicle is put into reverse. Was it hooked to your truck when you checked it for power?
The camera is a rear view system, so is on whenever the marker lights are on (supposed to be). Truck was connected producing 14.3 VDC. Voltage at the camera and the rear marker lights (which where barely lit) has been as low as 9VDC and is sometimes as high as 12VDC. Wiring issue. Camera requires 12VDC and 300mA. Very small load.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:06 PM   #4
Site Team

1. Camera Power. Did you check the voltage at the lights to see if they're seeing 12+ volts? It's likely a loose connection wherever they tapped it off at.

2. DSI fault. Since it was working fine and all of a sudden quit, it could be a piece of trash or bug got in the burner tube. Especially since you say you hear a whoosh and it blows out the flame. It could also be a control board problem, but I would suspect that it wouldn't get as far as ignition if that were the case.

3. Sound System. Don't know what to say about that.

4. Bath door. The dealer should fix that without much trouble, but it's anybody's guess as to the level of expertise of the techs they put on it.

5. Trim. I'd really like to see a picture of that. It's possible that it's an easy fix, but can't tell without seeing it.

6. Fridge. If it's operating within specs, then they won't do anything about noise or anything else. Making the modifications found here is your best bet for getting it fixed.

I'm sorry you've had these problems, but stay positive and hopefully you can get most of them fixed.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
1. Camera Power. Did you check the voltage at the lights to see if they're seeing 12+ volts? It's likely a loose connection wherever they tapped it off at.

2. DSI fault. Since it was working fine and all of a sudden quit, it could be a piece of trash or bug got in the burner tube. Especially since you say you hear a whoosh and it blows out the flame. It could also be a control board problem, but I would suspect that it wouldn't get as far as ignition if that were the case.

3. Sound System. Don't know what to say about that.

4. Bath door. The dealer should fix that without much trouble, but it's anybody's guess as to the level of expertise of the techs they put on it.

5. Trim. I'd really like to see a picture of that. It's possible that it's an easy fix, but can't tell without seeing it.

6. Fridge. If it's operating within specs, then they won't do anything about noise or anything else. Making the modifications found here is your best bet for getting it fixed.

I'm sorry you've had these problems, but stay positive and hopefully you can get most of them fixed.
I really appreciate your input on this. I like your idea about checking where the camera is tapped from, and the light voltage. I'll do that. I am making an assumption, however, based on the fact that the lamp filaments barely light that it is low for all of them. I was under the trailer today mapping out where the 12V feed for the lights comes from and considered just running another wire to the rear, except I'm left with figuring out how to then get it up to the rear view camera at the top rear of the trailer.

Had a very similar furrion sound system in a previous TT (a 2016 model) and it sounded far superior to this one. There is definitely something wrong with it.

Hoping they won't make a fuss about the bathroom door and just fix it. Will make an appointment soon as need the hot water heater fixed. I did not see anything in the flu when I looked in there but may not know exactly where to look either.

Trim: I just went out and looked at the trim. When it's in the sun and hot, the trim piece must expand more than the aluminum, and buckles. Right now, while in the shade of my carport, it is flush once again.

I've been pretty patient with camping world's service, but am growing a little frustrated with them. Last time I had it in for some of the same issues they kept it two weeks because they forgot to call me and tell me it was ready. Then the only thing they actually "fixed" was removing glue from the floor that should've been caught during the prep they made me pay for.

I'm in customer service myself, so I know how ugly people can be. I try to be just the opposite when dealing with a service rep. And I have been very polite dealing with them. Now I'm beginning to think that they are taking that as meaning I'm a pushover.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond. Not having a lot of luck on my own.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrey View Post
The camera is a rear view system, so is on whenever the marker lights are on (supposed to be). Truck was connected producing 14.3 VDC. Voltage at the camera and the rear marker lights (which where barely lit) has been as low as 9VDC and is sometimes as high as 12VDC. Wiring issue. Camera requires 12VDC and 300mA. Very small load.
Contact fusion for your sound problem, they replaced my friends. I have had better service going directly to the product manufacturer
rmanduch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:13 PM   #7

I just purchased this same RV model and year. I have to say I'm not impressed. Camped in it 1 day and already having issues.
The "Residential" frig never worked. Yes I checked it out before purchase. But I have to say I didn't check the temp of the frig, just that the light was on. Totally my fault. Think I can get the dealer to call me back? So I'm getting a local appliance store to help with repairs.
Not to happy with the fit and finish of it as well.
Kksejwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kksejwilson View Post
I just purchased this same RV model and year. I have to say I'm not impressed. Camped in it 1 day and already having issues.
The "Residential" frig never worked. Yes I checked it out before purchase. But I have to say I didn't check the temp of the frig, just that the light was on. Totally my fault. Think I can get the dealer to call me back? So I'm getting a local appliance store to help with repairs.
Not to happy with the fit and finish of it as well.
I've got an appointment with the dealer to have a look at the complaints. Fit and finish seems on-par for every TT I've ever owned. Not good. These things are pretty much slapped together at a break-neck speed, but I've never seen one that wasn't. My fridge had issues due to the lousy venting system they've got. This forum is replete with discussions about it. I'm going to add fans. Your issue might be different, but mine was that it wouldn't cool down until we got on the road.
More issues as well. Bathroom door won't close unless you lean on it hard. Won't stay shut during transit. Emergency window in the bedroom flies open during travel. Luckily I've caught it both times now. Even though it "latches" closed, it doesn't stay that way. I'm using a velcro tie to secure it now. Rear window won't stay closed during travel either. Let's road dust in. We've camped in it a total of 10 days now and the water heater just failed with a DSI FLT. Plenty of LP so that's not the issue. We're giving the dealer another go. We really love the trailer in general, layout and comfort. I'm hoping once we get these things ironed out it will be good. Getting Camping World's service dept to actually do anything is a pretty tough gig. I don't see much motivation on their part.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:12 AM   #9

Are there any other dealers around you can take it to? You don't have to take it to the place you got it from. Independent RV techs? I know some will do warranty work if you didn't buy from them. I am sorry you are having problems and hope you get them fixed. I have the Salem 272RL which is the twin of yours and our family really loves it. I have had a few minor issues but nothing I couldn't fix. I do wish the door over the outdoor kitchen had a better locking system for when open.
mblee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblee21 View Post
Are there any other dealers around you can take it to? You don't have to take it to the place you got it from. Independent RV techs? I know some will do warranty work if you didn't buy from them. I am sorry you are having problems and hope you get them fixed. I have the Salem 272RL which is the twin of yours and our family really loves it. I have had a few minor issues but nothing I couldn't fix. I do wish the door over the outdoor kitchen had a better locking system for when open.
Thanks, that's a good idea. I'll need to look into that.
I was unhappy with the door to the outdoor kitchen and the flimsy latch as well. I purchased a lift kit from hatchlift.com for $40 and installed them yesterday. Night and day difference. You open the hatch and it gently lifts itself to the top where it can be latched open. No worries about it falling now. Liked it so much I purchased another for the larger basement hatch in front.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Thanks, that's a good idea. I'll need to look into that.

I was unhappy with the door to the outdoor kitchen and the flimsy latch as well. I purchased a lift kit from hatchlift.com for $40 and installed them yesterday. Night and day difference. You open the hatch and it gently lifts itself to the top where it can be latched open. No worries about it falling now. Liked it so much I purchased another for the larger basement hatch in front.

I have looked at that also. Would you mind posting a pic of the outdoor kitchen hatch. I was worried it wouldn't open it up high enough.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:52 PM   #12

Here are some shots. It opens fully. One word of caution: the kit is made for doors 1/2" or thicker. My door is just under 1/2". It's not a problem, you just need to grind the tips off the 1/2" screws and it works just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1048.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	344.1 KB
ID:	147362  
Old 08-06-2017, 04:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Here are some shots. It opens fully. One word of caution: the kit is made for doors 1/2" or thicker. My door is just under 1/2". It's not a problem, you just need to grind the tips off the 1/2" screws and it works just fine.

Was it the regular size kit or another one? I'd like to order one, but I see they have a few different sizes
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:36 PM   #14

That looks great. I am definitely doing this. Thanks for the pics and the info.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter368rlbhk View Post
Was it the regular size kit or another one? I'd like to order one, but I see they have a few different sizes
It's the kit for medium size doors. Don't order it from campingworld, they screw you out of one of the lifts. Get it here: https://www.amazon.com/Hatchlift-Doo...ZQ064GC5HED79G
They give you two lifts to begin with.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:10 PM   #16

You got two lifts? It's says it just comes with one.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:25 PM   #17

Yes, it did. I see they now say that you need two kits. I'd still do it, I think it was worth it.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Yes, it did. I see they now say that you need two kits. I'd still do it, I think it was worth it.

Yeah I am going to do it. That outdoor kitchen door latch was really the only negative thing on our camper to me. Those catches are flimsy but luckily they have held up so far but one good gust of wind could take it down. Thanks again.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:28 PM   #19

Many thx nogrey!!!![emoji482]
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter368rlbhk View Post
Many thx nogrey!!!![emoji482]
My pleasure. Happy to help.