Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #21

Cool Thanks for info

Picked up our 356qbq yesterday in fort Meyers fl. He put us up at a ocean front park we are on the other side of the road but only 1500 yards from the ocean. (ours was too long to fit on the beach)nice thank you from palm rv .we didn't want to drive back to saint cloud and find something wrong 210 miles.it pulled very nicely but not going to be. On interstate untill tomorrow.96degrees today .one ac wouldn't cut it.glad we got the second in the bedroom. BIG DIFFERENCE. !!!! Minor problems but I fixed most myself.ptrap under sink leaked bad but I reseated it. first impressions are LOVE MY FOREST RIVER WILDWOOD HERITAGE GLEN 356 qbq .going to take a shower in the second shower tonight using both bathrooms .so far so good.
Ecclesiastes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #22

The pictures look nice I got the different color interior with the brown couch. 2 nd a/c and both bathrooms with the FANTASTIC fans. Did you install a tv in the bedroom yet? I didn't see any info on where to install .it looks like the wall with the tv outlets and electrical outlet with a swivel . I should have asked the dealer...ENJOY IT!!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #23

Just got back online after having a rather busy summer and thought I would post back on some things our rigs have in common. The gray and black handles on the front are indeed reversed as well...the stickers on the side are fine but the handle colors are off....back end is fine. Have been using our old BBQ but will have to check the gas supply to the rear bbq one of these days too. Hope you had a great season camping and hope your season is longer than ours which will wrap up mid September.
Vtxguypei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #24

Thanks for info .just spent last couple of days detailing the outside.WOW what a job. Even with the orbital buffer. we live in Florida so we don't have a season.tried hanging the soap / toothbrush holders on the back bathroom wall but the screws won't go in .so off to home depot this week.i hung the tvs . Did you get the thermal windows on yours? Or any special insulation?.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #25

At least they are consistent with the front sewer handles. Haha. We have had 8 people, 4 kids and 4 adults the last few trips with another one in 2 weeks. Love the amount of room and so far since fixing the minor issues from when I got it, I really like it so far. We still have several trips left and will probably put it away in November. I try to make my season April-November.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #26

Today I had fun with mods. I installed the Bal stabilizers for the landing gear. What a difference they made in the reduction of sway and bounce in the trailer. I also installed a shallow cabinet to enclose the main control panel and slide switches. My 2 year old loved to play with the buttons so I made up this cover and hopefully that will help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2792360351.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	39346

Name:	image-3605972189.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	39347

Name:	image-4240301072.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	39348

Name:	image-562540174.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	39349
Old 09-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #27
Always Learning

Nicely done! My 14 month old LOVES "his" button. It's the 3rd gray tank indicator. I'm pretty sure it gets pushed 100x more than the others now that he's mobile and has "found" it.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #28

Pretty awesome.great idea
Old 09-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #29

Just did my final closeup today and pumped antifreeze through it all. Everything went well after my son opened up the water docking station side panel which revealed a kinked hose for the pump pickup line. Pumped all lines until pink came through event he sewer flush lines. The only thing I could not find was a low point drain that I have had on all other trailers and was easily found...but the the 356QBQ...one drain....domestic water tank, and it's overflow tube beside it...nothing else. If anyone has found one of these on the HG please advise where it might be located.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #30

Sorry I live in Orlando fl so I hadn't been worried about it .but I thought the book shows how to .it probably is that drain your talking about .,I do remember seeing to remove the hot water element and or to remember to close off the valve and not to put the fluid thru the hot water heater system.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #31

I am looking at purchasing this same trailer. I have a 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD with the towing package (4.10) and based on the vehicle specs, it appears there should be no issues with towing this trailer. I have been towing a 26 travel trailer with no issues, but would like to upgrade to this 5th wheel. I am looking for feedback for those who have experience in towing 5th wheels.
Jakewb5025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #32

I have only towed it once 200 miles from ft Meyers to home doing 65-70 my truck pulled it with only water in 80 gallon tank it was brand new.nothing else inside . DIDN'T EVEN FEEL IT!!!!!! This is Florida so no mts. But I love the unit !!!! I knew my truck can tow it 18000 tow limit I was a little concerned about tongue weight but that's only because I have never towed anything this big before. I have a short bed so I got the pullrite super glide hitch. Ps I got 11-13 mpg with ac running 15-17 mpq with the ac off" I have the ram diesel 2500
Old 09-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #33

i appreciate the feedback. I have the 6.0 gasser with the 4.10 rear end.
According to the vehicle information, it's towing capacity is rated at 15,800 lbs
and max payload is 3069 lbs.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #34

What are you figuring on mileage ?DO You have long bed?
Old 09-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #35

it's the standard 6.5ft bed. I live in Michigan and plan on towing it across the state a few times per year. I am concerned on the MPG though. When I tow my current 26ft travel trailer, I average around 9-10 MPG..
Old 09-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #36

tow vehicle mileage

Just thought I would add my comments on what was used to tow our trailer home. It was a 2003 Dodge 2500 with Cummins diesel engine. It pulled along fine with not very much effort...mpg's worked out to just over 12 running from Calais, ME to Moncton, NB with some hills but major highway all the way. Worked well and truck was not loaded down at all.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #37

I guess I should have looked further...found the low point drains on the door side of the trailer about 4-5 feet to the right of the steps just behind the lower metal curved bottom piece between that and the frame rail. Unscrewed the caps...opened the taps...drained water after I bypassed the water heater ...replaced the caps...pumped antifreeze through everything...then drained again which should leave antifreeze in the low spots.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #38

Just bought a new 356 qbq this past Friday and absolutely love it.
I was a little worried about pulling it with a 2500 gasser, but could hardly tell it was back there.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0483.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	40491  
Old 10-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #39

Congrats. Read the earlier threads and check your front sewer handles. Most are backwards. The far inner one is your black tank, marked grey. We love ours, just added led taillights today.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #40

Congrads. I know how you feel. What did you get gas mileage wise? If you find your central vac hose is too short like mine was ,you can buy direct from intervac 16 dollars a 10 ft section I ordered two sections and vac bags for what others wanted for ONE section. I still can't figure where to put the hand towel and toilet brackets in the back bathroom yet. Enjoy!!!!!