Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2019, 07:54 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: North West NJ
Posts: 25
Heritage Glen LTZ 272 RL

Hi all, long time lurker and reader first time poster. Love all the info every one contributes here. I am upgrading this year from my 21 foot travel trailer to something bigger. After going into several shows, we have fallen in love with the rear living room floor plan. I really liked the 2019 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 273 LTZ. Show price was 31,999. The salesman says he has a 2018 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 272RL LTZ for 24,999. Just seeing if anyone has any of these models and how they like them ? Is the 2018 worth buying at a savings of 7000 ? Also if anyone has a unit in this size with a floor plan similar and they like that I would appreciate any info. Thanks all.
__________________

Pop Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:34 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 1,785
what is the difference between the two units? I tried to look online. is one a residential fridge and the other a electric/propane?. I would take over a left over 2018 easy for a good discounted price. Only thought is 2020 will be out soon and the 18 will be 2 years old.
__________________

Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:59 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: North West NJ
Posts: 25
Thanks, and Yes the fridge is residential and only 110 volt on the 2019. The 2018 both the fridge and water heater run on propane and electric. I ended up getting the 2018 for $24,999. I looked and looked and could not find a better value out there. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this unit ??
Pop Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:06 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
what is the difference between the two units? I tried to look online. is one a residential fridge and the other a electric/propane?. I would take over a left over 2018 easy for a good discounted price. Only thought is 2020 will be out soon and the 18 will be 2 years old.
You can get either residential or propane/electric. Check out the 282RK(now the 283RK) We really like the big window on the door side. 2020's will be out late May early June at least that was the timing last year.
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:21 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
madatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Bellbrook, OH
Posts: 400
I have a 2019 vibe 28rl, same length with same floor plan and we both really like it, I did not look into that model allot only brief but I'm sure you will enjoy it
__________________
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
2018 Silverado 1500, Husky Centerline TS
3 Great Danes, 1 Weimaraner
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:24 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
madatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Bellbrook, OH
Posts: 400
oh my slides are switched from yours, all good
__________________
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
2018 Silverado 1500, Husky Centerline TS
3 Great Danes, 1 Weimaraner
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:12 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Springtown, TX
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by madatme View Post
oh my slides are switched from yours, all good
The wife and I bought one of these a year ago and we really like the open living area. If you are camping in warm areas you will want the air conditioner for the bedroom. We are in Texas so the dealer had already added one. We don't like the bedroom closets because they are so short.
bradw661 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:25 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: North West NJ
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradw661 View Post
The wife and I bought one of these a year ago and we really like the open living area. If you are camping in warm areas you will want the air conditioner for the bedroom. We are in Texas so the dealer had already added one. We don't like the bedroom closets because they are so short.
Thanks forthe reply. How much was the air conditioner for the bedroom ? Did the dealer install or was it done by the factory ? Thanks.
Pop Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:08 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Springtown, TX
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop Pop View Post
Thanks forthe reply. How much was the air conditioner for the bedroom ? Did the dealer install or was it done by the factory ? Thanks.
The trailer came from the factory with 50 amp service and prewired for 2nd a/c. The dealer had added it already when I first saw the trailer on the lot.

I was quoted $1000 by Camping World on another trailer that was also prewired. That was for a 15k btu dometic. I am sure you could negotiate that down as these can be had online for about $600 and maybe an hour to install.
bradw661 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:09 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: North West NJ
Posts: 25
Thank you, ours is 50 amp also. I am going to call the dealer today and see what they can do for us. Thanks again for the information.
Pop Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:14 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Cabinfever97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Summit Township
Posts: 545
We have a 2019 Hemisphere 272RL, the 273 replaced the 272 with minor changes. Our 272 is the same as yours, just different graphics. I posted the following in another thread about the 272 and 273. Walked through the 273 yesterday. We would have bought that model but after having our 2019 272 I would choose that over the 273. The 273 bedroom does not have a dresser. However they took the wardrobe to the ceiling and it goes a bit closer to the floor. They added storage above the head of the bed. I prefer the dresser for space and the area on top for a place to catch "clutter". The bath is changed. The DW likes the 273 bath mainly because of where the mirror is, more arm room. Seems to be a bit more storage in the bath. For me the bath is a wash, LOL. In the living space they moved the bath wall forward, that's why no dresser. Then added a hutch which looks very nice. The storage in the hutch isn't added space because they removed a few of the 272 storage areas. I would say the storage is very close to the same as the 272. The hutch does have a "clutter" area but I prefer the space in the bedroom for that. In conclusion the 272 is a score of 10 and the 273 is a 10 as well.
__________________
2019 Hemisphere 272RL
2007 Silverado 2500HD 6L
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:07 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: North West NJ
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinfever97 View Post
We have a 2019 Hemisphere 272RL, the 273 replaced the 272 with minor changes. Our 272 is the same as yours, just different graphics. I posted the following in another thread about the 272 and 273. Walked through the 273 yesterday. We would have bought that model but after having our 2019 272 I would choose that over the 273. The 273 bedroom does not have a dresser. However they took the wardrobe to the ceiling and it goes a bit closer to the floor. They added storage above the head of the bed. I prefer the dresser for space and the area on top for a place to catch "clutter". The bath is changed. The DW likes the 273 bath mainly because of where the mirror is, more arm room. Seems to be a bit more storage in the bath. For me the bath is a wash, LOL. In the living space they moved the bath wall forward, that's why no dresser. Then added a hutch which looks very nice. The storage in the hutch isn't added space because they removed a few of the 272 storage areas. I would say the storage is very close to the same as the 272. The hutch does have a "clutter" area but I prefer the space in the bedroom for that. In conclusion the 272 is a score of 10 and the 273 is a 10 as well.
Thanks for the info. I felt the same way. When we got the offer to buy the 272 at nearly 35% off the price of the 273, it was a no brainer. We can't wait to go pick it up. Have you had any issues with yours so far ? I hear they are basically as trouble free as they come.
Pop Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:57 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Cabinfever97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Summit Township
Posts: 545
There were some minor cosmetic issues. The FW tank likes to siphon while traveling down the road, we would loose 10-15 gallons. A local dealer removed the curbside overflow, there was a overflow on both sides. Have not been out since that fix early this winter. The only other issue was the outside cable connection was bad. The dealer found a bad splitter in the ceiling. This is our second TT. The first was a Keystone Springdale bunkhouse, which was "entry" level. That one was great and this one great so far. We plan on keeping this one a lot longer than the last so I will be eternabond taping the roof seams around year 3or4. This roof, superflex by Alpha Roof Systems, is easier to clean and requires no conditioner like the roof on the Springdale did.
__________________
2019 Hemisphere 272RL
2007 Silverado 2500HD 6L
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: North West NJ
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinfever97 View Post
There were some minor cosmetic issues. The FW tank likes to siphon while traveling down the road, we would loose 10-15 gallons. A local dealer removed the curbside overflow, there was a overflow on both sides. Have not been out since that fix early this winter. The only other issue was the outside cable connection was bad. The dealer found a bad splitter in the ceiling. This is our second TT. The first was a Keystone Springdale bunkhouse, which was "entry" level. That one was great and this one great so far. We plan on keeping this one a lot longer than the last so I will be eternabond taping the roof seams around year 3or4. This roof, superflex by Alpha Roof Systems, is easier to clean and requires no conditioner like the roof on the Springdale did.
Great thank you for the feedback. I am going to pick it up on April 2nd and can't wait. BTW what do you tow it with ? I just picked up a 2019 Ford F150 with the 3.5 Eco Boost, max payload package, max trailering package, 3.55 rear end, 4x4 and 20 inch wheels. I will be styling this year and can't wait for our first trip. I look forward to hearing what you tow with and how it goes. Thanks.
Pop Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:42 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 295
Uh-oh take cover.
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:11 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Cabinfever97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Summit Township
Posts: 545
We tow with a 2007 Silverado 2500 with a Hensley hitch. I am about 1000LBS below GCVW, which is 16,000LBS, with this TT, the truck full of fuel, my wife and I, and a weekends worth of firewood. This TT feels more comfortable than our old TT. We were much closer to 16K, sometimes a bit over, with that TT. I was fine with the old TT but when we decided to go with a rear living I was looking to be a bit lighter and shorter than our old TT. This TT is about a foot shorter. Not much but makes a difference.
__________________
2019 Hemisphere 272RL
2007 Silverado 2500HD 6L
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:06 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: North West NJ
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinfever97 View Post
We tow with a 2007 Silverado 2500 with a Hensley hitch. I am about 1000LBS below GCVW, which is 16,000LBS, with this TT, the truck full of fuel, my wife and I, and a weekends worth of firewood. This TT feels more comfortable than our old TT. We were much closer to 16K, sometimes a bit over, with that TT. I was fine with the old TT but when we decided to go with a rear living I was looking to be a bit lighter and shorter than our old TT. This TT is about a foot shorter. Not much but makes a difference.
OK thank you. I can't wait to see how my combo trailers. I think it will be fine.
__________________

Pop Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.


×