Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2019, 07:54 PM   #1

Heritage Glen LTZ 272 RL

Hi all, long time lurker and reader first time poster. Love all the info every one contributes here. I am upgrading this year from my 21 foot travel trailer to something bigger. After going into several shows, we have fallen in love with the rear living room floor plan. I really liked the 2019 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 273 LTZ. Show price was 31,999. The salesman says he has a 2018 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 272RL LTZ for 24,999. Just seeing if anyone has any of these models and how they like them ? Is the 2018 worth buying at a savings of 7000 ? Also if anyone has a unit in this size with a floor plan similar and they like that I would appreciate any info. Thanks all.
Pop Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:34 PM   #2

what is the difference between the two units? I tried to look online. is one a residential fridge and the other a electric/propane?. I would take over a left over 2018 easy for a good discounted price. Only thought is 2020 will be out soon and the 18 will be 2 years old.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:59 AM   #3

Thanks, and Yes the fridge is residential and only 110 volt on the 2019. The 2018 both the fridge and water heater run on propane and electric. I ended up getting the 2018 for $24,999. I looked and looked and could not find a better value out there. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this unit ??
Old 03-05-2019, 12:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
what is the difference between the two units? I tried to look online. is one a residential fridge and the other a electric/propane?. I would take over a left over 2018 easy for a good discounted price. Only thought is 2020 will be out soon and the 18 will be 2 years old.
You can get either residential or propane/electric. Check out the 282RK(now the 283RK) We really like the big window on the door side. 2020's will be out late May early June at least that was the timing last year.
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:21 PM   #5

I have a 2019 vibe 28rl, same length with same floor plan and we both really like it, I did not look into that model allot only brief but I'm sure you will enjoy it
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:24 PM   #6

oh my slides are switched from yours, all good
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatme View Post
oh my slides are switched from yours, all good
The wife and I bought one of these a year ago and we really like the open living area. If you are camping in warm areas you will want the air conditioner for the bedroom. We are in Texas so the dealer had already added one. We don't like the bedroom closets because they are so short.
bradw661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradw661 View Post
The wife and I bought one of these a year ago and we really like the open living area. If you are camping in warm areas you will want the air conditioner for the bedroom. We are in Texas so the dealer had already added one. We don't like the bedroom closets because they are so short.
Thanks forthe reply. How much was the air conditioner for the bedroom ? Did the dealer install or was it done by the factory ? Thanks.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop Pop View Post
Thanks forthe reply. How much was the air conditioner for the bedroom ? Did the dealer install or was it done by the factory ? Thanks.
The trailer came from the factory with 50 amp service and prewired for 2nd a/c. The dealer had added it already when I first saw the trailer on the lot.

I was quoted $1000 by Camping World on another trailer that was also prewired. That was for a 15k btu dometic. I am sure you could negotiate that down as these can be had online for about $600 and maybe an hour to install.
bradw661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:09 AM   #10

Thank you, ours is 50 amp also. I am going to call the dealer today and see what they can do for us. Thanks again for the information.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:14 AM   #11

We have a 2019 Hemisphere 272RL, the 273 replaced the 272 with minor changes. Our 272 is the same as yours, just different graphics. I posted the following in another thread about the 272 and 273. Walked through the 273 yesterday. We would have bought that model but after having our 2019 272 I would choose that over the 273. The 273 bedroom does not have a dresser. However they took the wardrobe to the ceiling and it goes a bit closer to the floor. They added storage above the head of the bed. I prefer the dresser for space and the area on top for a place to catch "clutter". The bath is changed. The DW likes the 273 bath mainly because of where the mirror is, more arm room. Seems to be a bit more storage in the bath. For me the bath is a wash, LOL. In the living space they moved the bath wall forward, that's why no dresser. Then added a hutch which looks very nice. The storage in the hutch isn't added space because they removed a few of the 272 storage areas. I would say the storage is very close to the same as the 272. The hutch does have a "clutter" area but I prefer the space in the bedroom for that. In conclusion the 272 is a score of 10 and the 273 is a 10 as well.
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinfever97 View Post
We have a 2019 Hemisphere 272RL, the 273 replaced the 272 with minor changes. Our 272 is the same as yours, just different graphics. I posted the following in another thread about the 272 and 273. Walked through the 273 yesterday. We would have bought that model but after having our 2019 272 I would choose that over the 273. The 273 bedroom does not have a dresser. However they took the wardrobe to the ceiling and it goes a bit closer to the floor. They added storage above the head of the bed. I prefer the dresser for space and the area on top for a place to catch "clutter". The bath is changed. The DW likes the 273 bath mainly because of where the mirror is, more arm room. Seems to be a bit more storage in the bath. For me the bath is a wash, LOL. In the living space they moved the bath wall forward, that's why no dresser. Then added a hutch which looks very nice. The storage in the hutch isn't added space because they removed a few of the 272 storage areas. I would say the storage is very close to the same as the 272. The hutch does have a "clutter" area but I prefer the space in the bedroom for that. In conclusion the 272 is a score of 10 and the 273 is a 10 as well.
Thanks for the info. I felt the same way. When we got the offer to buy the 272 at nearly 35% off the price of the 273, it was a no brainer. We can't wait to go pick it up. Have you had any issues with yours so far ? I hear they are basically as trouble free as they come.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:57 PM   #13

There were some minor cosmetic issues. The FW tank likes to siphon while traveling down the road, we would loose 10-15 gallons. A local dealer removed the curbside overflow, there was a overflow on both sides. Have not been out since that fix early this winter. The only other issue was the outside cable connection was bad. The dealer found a bad splitter in the ceiling. This is our second TT. The first was a Keystone Springdale bunkhouse, which was "entry" level. That one was great and this one great so far. We plan on keeping this one a lot longer than the last so I will be eternabond taping the roof seams around year 3or4. This roof, superflex by Alpha Roof Systems, is easier to clean and requires no conditioner like the roof on the Springdale did.
Hensley Hitch
Old 03-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #14

Quote:
There were some minor cosmetic issues. The FW tank likes to siphon while traveling down the road, we would loose 10-15 gallons. A local dealer removed the curbside overflow, there was a overflow on both sides. Have not been out since that fix early this winter. The only other issue was the outside cable connection was bad. The dealer found a bad splitter in the ceiling. This is our second TT. The first was a Keystone Springdale bunkhouse, which was "entry" level. That one was great and this one great so far. We plan on keeping this one a lot longer than the last so I will be eternabond taping the roof seams around year 3or4. This roof, superflex by Alpha Roof Systems, is easier to clean and requires no conditioner like the roof on the Springdale did.
Great thank you for the feedback. I am going to pick it up on April 2nd and can't wait. BTW what do you tow it with ? I just picked up a 2019 Ford F150 with the 3.5 Eco Boost, max payload package, max trailering package, 3.55 rear end, 4x4 and 20 inch wheels. I will be styling this year and can't wait for our first trip. I look forward to hearing what you tow with and how it goes. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:42 PM   #15

Uh-oh take cover.
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:11 PM   #16

We tow with a 2007 Silverado 2500 with a Hensley hitch. I am about 1000LBS below GCVW, which is 16,000LBS, with this TT, the truck full of fuel, my wife and I, and a weekends worth of firewood. This TT feels more comfortable than our old TT. We were much closer to 16K, sometimes a bit over, with that TT. I was fine with the old TT but when we decided to go with a rear living I was looking to be a bit lighter and shorter than our old TT. This TT is about a foot shorter. Not much but makes a difference.
Hensley Hitch
Old 03-18-2019, 06:06 PM   #17

Quote:
We tow with a 2007 Silverado 2500 with a Hensley hitch. I am about 1000LBS below GCVW, which is 16,000LBS, with this TT, the truck full of fuel, my wife and I, and a weekends worth of firewood. This TT feels more comfortable than our old TT. We were much closer to 16K, sometimes a bit over, with that TT. I was fine with the old TT but when we decided to go with a rear living I was looking to be a bit lighter and shorter than our old TT. This TT is about a foot shorter. Not much but makes a difference.
OK thank you. I can't wait to see how my combo trailers. I think it will be fine.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:28 PM   #18

Just reading this post. We bought a 2018 272 RL Heritage Glen in January and love it. Had no idea it would become our Covid get away vehicle at the time. Have also wished for full length clothes closet. We love the large living area. Great for a couple. Have replaced screen door latch, drawer bottom, leaking bath sink faucet, outdoor kitchen door clasp, but it’s all part of the “adventure.” I haven’t figured out how to remove the light bulb cover on single lights in living area. Can’t wait for our next outing.
Jnlcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:49 AM   #19

Thanks for your feedback. Sad day as we just sold ours yesterday. I retired and moved to Florida and we werent going to use it enough to warrant keeping it. A boat might make make me feel better.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:46 PM   #20

Third t handle behind Grey and Black?

I just bought a new to me 2019 272RL and noticed a third t handle with a long shaft under the camper behind the front grey and black tank. can anyone tell what this is for? There is a second grey tank towards the rear that has it's own gate valve. Thanks for your help.
huntperch is offline   Reply With Quote