Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #1

Hot Water Heater Question

I have a 2010 Wildwood T25KS. How do I access the Hot Water Heater Bypass valves?? They are not visable from the access panel as I believe they are on the opposite tnd of the tank. Help?
Adony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:19 AM   #2
Site Team

Most of the times they're located under a cabinet behind a fake panel. You'll likely have to unscrew the panel to gain access.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
I might add that they are often at or near the rear of the water heater, which is ~ 1.5 feet deep. Locate the heater on the outside of your unit and then figure out what panel you have to remove to access the back end of the heater. Note that the panel may be on the side of the water heater and not necessarily behind it.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
Cyber Phrenologist

One of the first mods I made to our 5th wheel was to remove one of the three hinges on that access panel and replace it with a magnetic catch. The water heater, bypass, water pump and filter are all in that compartment. Why wound the designers want me to get a screwdriver out every time I need to get in there is beyond me.

I also remounted the pump on stiff foam to make it quieter, added some more foam as acoustic dampening and put foam weather seal around the cabinet door all in an effort to keep things quiet.

I never bothered with a knob. I just pull it open with my fingers.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood