Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2015, 11:30 PM   #1

Just bought my very first travel trailer

Hi all- newbie here so go easy on me Been reading the posts here for some time prior to purchasing my very first trailer this past Saturday. Seems like a very nice group of people here so I decided to join up.

My first order of business is to purchase a cover for it. I live in San Jose and the trailer is currently being stored outdoors in the central valley of Turlock. Summertime temps range from the upper 80's to the low-mid 100's with very little humidity. My question: any suggestions on a cover for it? Company and model # would be of great help.

The trailer is a 2016 26' Wildwood X-Lite model T261BHXL. Pics below.

Thank you very much.
KevinSanJose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:35 PM   #2

Have you considered purchasing a carport? You can get a good metal carport for under $1,500. It's much more convenient, and won't rub on the sides of the trailer. Just a thought.
mbCik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbCik View Post
Have you considered purchasing a carport? You can get a good metal carport for under $1,500. It's much more convenient, and won't rub on the sides of the trailer. Just a thought.

X2. This is our 1st HTT as well. We have our order in place and are now awaiting our metal carport. Was going to consider a cover initially, but in the long run it would be more cost efficient getting a carport, and less hassle when needing to be protected from the elements and stored.

2023 Flagstaff 206STSE
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:20 PM   #4

Hi Kevin.

Since I live in Turlock, I figure I'll let you know what has worked for my brothers and I as far as covers (four trailers between us). We use the Classic Accessories PermaPro. They have a four year warranty and two of my brothers have replaced theirs, no questions asked at the three year mark. They hold up well and do a nice job.

I stick tennis balls on the rain rail turnouts and pipe insulation on the outside rungs of my ladder to protect the cover and the trailer. None if us have enough property to store our trailers, so they are all in storage yards. The covers work great.

Paul
Shady camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:59 PM   #5

Covers ... My 2 cents

Skip the cover ... They're expensive, a pain to put on and take off, and despite all precautions, they WILL tear and rapidly degrade ... We live in central Florida where the weather and sun can be extreme. We don't use a cover ... But our maintenance plan includes always keeping the TT clean and waxed, using Aerospace 303 on all the rubber and plastic bits as well as on the epdm roof and tires. Works well. Save your money.
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:05 PM   #6
Site Team

Welcome to the forum from the top side land of Lincoln!!
Had this cover for 2 seasons. RV PermaPRO Travel Trailer Cover - Travel Trailer + R-Pod - RV light weight and easy to install! Never any damage to my camper, just pad things like sharp corners and downspouts. Yes a carport would be most awsum!

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, travel trailer, travel