Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #1

lost battery power

2007 24bhss- 4th year with this camper and first time out this year I have no battery power. switched out with new battery and still no 12 power.

Shore power works fine.

no power from converted when on shore power.

Is there a fuse inline somwhere between battery and converter? I can't find one in the battery compartment area.

Don't see any blown fuses in converter. Can't find an electrical schematic to tell me what goes where...

Any help would be appreciated
qb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #2

You didn't mention whether or not the battery disconnect switch is turned on.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
Site Team

sounds like the battery wires got crossed and the inline fuse/breaker tripped.
it's usually hidden along the tongue, from the battery.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd View Post
You didn't mention whether or not the battery disconnect switch is turned on.

I don't believe my camper has a disconnect switch. I'll check to see if i can find one. there is nothing in the battery compartment that looks like a switch or fuse.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #5

If your rig has been sitting for any length of time, one of the battery connections may have become corroded. Follow the hot/red line from the battery making sure all the connections are clean. Also check your ground/black connection where it is bolted to the frame.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #6

If you look underneath the frame just behind the tongue, follow the battery power wire to a small junction box that has the end of that wire bolted down to it on a copper post, and then another post where that same wiring continues on to the converter. You will probably need to lay on your back under the front floor area just beyond the tongue to see it. That junction block also serves as a fuse; and SOME have a small reset button that can be pushed to restore power. Others are auto-resetting. Mine had rusty corrosion on the connections that made it stop functioning. Dealer replaced it with a new one, and cleaned up the corrosion, greased the posts, and I've been good over 3 years now. Good Luck, Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:40 PM   #7

Found it

I went back through the wiring to check ground, junction boxes for fuses, connections or cut wires. Druing the process if ran my finger (by accident) under a terminal lug and felt a button on the bottom. Aparently this lug is also a fuse! you wouldn't have noticed as it was painted over with black paint and the button was out of sight!

I believe the lid of the battery box tripped the fuse when i pulled the battery out.

Had i had some info when I bought the camper I would have been able to determine this from the schematic....

Thanks to those who replied with suggestions to try.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by qb100 View Post
I went back through the wiring to check ground, junction boxes for fuses, connections or cut wires. Druing the process if ran my finger (by accident) under a terminal lug and felt a button on the bottom. Aparently this lug is also a fuse! you wouldn't have noticed as it was painted over with black paint and the button was out of sight!

I believe the lid of the battery box tripped the fuse when i pulled the battery out.

Had i had some info when I bought the camper I would have been able to determine this from the schematic....

Thanks to those who replied with suggestions to try.

And thank YOU for suppyling us with the answer...Now everbody is happy.

Tags
battery